Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 21st, 2018 #1
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

Default Google vs DuckDuckGo | Search engine manipulation, censorship and why you should switch

Old November 21st, 2018 #2
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

jewsign

I have noticed on google and youtube that they have recently changed their search algos and filters and since then the user experience has become a lot more shitier and the search results are being censored left and right by organized jewry (((regulations))) they even delisted websites like 8chan.

It is time to change to a new digital jew: "Hey it's Weinberg here, you can trust me fellow white I will never track you down to make more shekels."

Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Last edited by RickHolland; November 21st, 2018 at 10:26 PM.

Old November 25th, 2018 #3
joeylowsac
RaHoWarrior-SKINHEAD

Woodpecker

I like Startpage.

Old November 25th, 2018 #4
Dan Hadaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeylowsac View Post
I like Startpage.
I use that too. It has a proxy feature which can mask your IP similar to the way TOR browser works. But I don't know how Jewed it is.

Old February 24th, 2019 #5
Larry the Raysiss
Most WNs are Kiked

I tried switching to DDG for about 3 months. At first I was pleased,but the more and more I used it, the more and more I found myself "supplementing" my searching with Google searches. It came to the point where I was constantly going back to google more and more. I recently had to switch back to just google.

But it's all ish no matter where you turn.

I also tried start page for a few days but it would always annoy me. I have my browser set to 150% plus viewing mode and every time I do a search on startpage it would reset back to 100%. GRRRRR.

Old March 6th, 2019 #6
J. Rourke

I just use searx.me, a metasearch engine, aggregating the results of other search engines while not storing information about its users. No logs, no ads and no tracking.

Quote:
Searx (/sɜːrks/) is a free metasearch engine, available under the GNU Affero General Public License version 3, with the aim of protecting the privacy of its users. To this end, Searx does not share users' IP addresses or search history with the search engines from which it gathers results. Tracking cookies served by the search engines are blocked, preventing user-profiling-based results modification. By default, Searx queries are submitted via HTTP POST, to prevent users' query keywords from appearing in webserver logs. Searx was inspired by the Seeks project, though it does not implement Seeks' peer-to-peer user-sourced results ranking.

Each search result is given as a direct link to the respective site, rather than a tracked redirect link as used by Google. In addition, when available, these direct links are accompanied by "cached" and/or "proxied" links that allow viewing results pages without actually visiting the sites in question. The "cached" links point to saved versions of a page on archive.org, while the "proxied" links allow viewing the current live page via a Searx-based web proxy. In addition to the general search, the engine also features tabs to search within specific domains: files, images, IT, maps, music, news, science, social media, and videos.

Along with the most well-known instance at searx.me, Searx also features dozens of user-run instances at their own URLs. A service called Searxes can be used to search a different random Searx instance with each query.Searx.me is also available as a Tor hidden service. A public API is available.
Quote:
Across all categories, Searx can fetch search results from about 82 different engines. This includes major search engines and site-specific searches like Bing, Google, Reddit, Wikipedia, Yahoo, and Yandex. The engines used for each search category can be set via a "preferences" interface, and these settings will be saved in a cookie in the user's browser, rather than on the server side, since for privacy reasons, Searx does not implement a user login model. Other settings such as the search interface language and the search results language (over 20 languages are available) can be set the same way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Searx

Searx can fetch a plethora of results beyond the reach of any other search engine I've used.

If you ever use Tor Browser, searx also has a Tor hidden service (onion address), increasing privacy even more. You can read more about that on privacytools.io, an excellent site for tips on staying private & safe on the Internet.

Here is an excerpt from searx's "about" page:

Quote:
Why use searx?
  • searx may not offer you as personalised results as Google, but it doesn't generate a profile about you
  • searx doesn't care about what you search for, never shares anything with a third party, and it can't be used to compromise you
  • searx is free software, the code is 100% open and you can help to make it better. See more on github
If you do care about privacy, want to be a conscious user, or otherwise believe in digital freedom, make searx your default search engine or run it on your own server
Searx's source code is entirely free and open source (unlike DuckDuckGo and Startpage), free as in free speech, not necessarily free beer. No "terms and conditions" to "abide" to, so no worrying about your requests being compromised by third parties and/or goverment agencies for being an evilracistnaziwhowannakill6millionjews.

It is probably the only search engine that doesn't include ads in the search results and tracking cookies, that I've dealt with on DDG and SP.

Searx does take some getting used to, but in the long run, the privacy benefits are infinitely superior to Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc., and in some cases, even DDG and SP. Another good thing, its results are unbiased, which is good for political stuff that other search engines censor. It is certainly the least jewed search engine out there. Be sure to adjust the SafeSearch filter to "Moderate" in the Preferences (at the top-right corner of the page) to filter out any undesirable results that might show up, otherwise it's a near-perfect search engine.

Last edited by J. Rourke; March 7th, 2019 at 12:35 AM.

Old March 8th, 2019 #7
Hamish

Based on J. Rourke's above post re searx, I did some internet searching about, well, search engines. Came across this very interesting article:
Alternative Search Engines That Respect Your Privacy
at https://12bytes.org/articles/tech/al...t-your-privacy

Based on the information in the article, I have elected to not use searx. It's ok, but the author was not able to form an opinion about their privacy policy. Instead I am now using StartPage as primary with DuckDuckGo(SSL) and Swisscows as secondaries.

Edit and added: Just read a second article on 12bytes.org:

Firefox Search Engine Cautions, Recommendations
at https://12bytes.org/articles/tech/fi...ecommendations

Quote:
"The scope of this tutorial is limited primarily to preserving your privacy when using the default Firefox (or derivative thereof) search engine plugins, as well as to present alternative ways to use the major search indexes, such as Google, Bing and Yahoo."

"The hundreds of millions of dollars that Mozilla rakes in annually is largely due to its partnership with search engine companies such as Google. These ethically challenged mega-corporations then track your web activities and sell the data they collect to advertisers and governments and who knows who else. I think these kinds of partnerships are clearly at odds with Mozilla’s statement, “Committed to you, your privacy and an open Web“.

So how does Mozilla get paid by the mega-giants like Google? Simple: Any time you use the default search engine plugins that are packaged with the browser ... parameters tell the search engine that you are using a Firefox/Mozilla product and that’s all it takes for Mozilla to rake in the dough. If you do not wish to participate in these affiliate schemes and/or value your privacy, read on."
Perhaps a little techy for the average user, but good, easy to understand basic points.

Author points out Searx's excellent qualities including the capability to be used in a decentralized mode. I won't go into how to so that, but if interested, you can read it for yourself.

My primary search engine will now be searx with Startpage and Duckduckgo as secondaries. I'm dropping swisscows because it's "christian" based with no real controls.
Incidentally, 12bytes.org has some very good information on making Firefox more secure.

See: Everything Firefox
at https://12bytes.org/articles/tech/firefox

Read and make your own judgments/decisions.

Last edited by Hamish; March 8th, 2019 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Updated info added

Old March 10th, 2019 #8
Sean Gruber

Beware

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/...to_duckduckgo/

Less talk, more action

Old March 13th, 2019 #9
Sean Gruber

Also note re. Brave browser. You are flushing your shekels down a kosher toilet if you have Brave.

"Brave expands its leadership team with Ben Livshits as Chief Scientist and David Temkin as Chief Product Officer"
https://basicattentiontoken.org/brav...oduct-officer/

Less talk, more action

Old April 7th, 2019 #10
Skinhead Zack

It seems like the quotation marks (" "), does not always work on both Startpage and Duckduckgo.
Sometimes I get so many irrelevant bullshit results despite my use of quotation marks.

Not sure about Google, because I'm not going to use it anyway. I'm sick of all the censorship and PC crap those mainstream websites are promoting..

No need for us to use Google when we have Duckduckgo, although was founded by a Jew. it does not track you like Google.

Last edited by Skinhead Zack; April 7th, 2019 at 06:06 PM.

Old September 5th, 2019 #11
Garfield

I would like to fully extricate myself from google. But thats like trying to boycott plastic.

Google is leaps and bounds beyond any of its competition. I checked out youtube substitutes and was disappointed. Maps substitutes? Another disappointment. And is it possible to have a smartphone without android or ios?

Using duckduckgo and ditching gmail addresses are a step in the right direction but we have a long way to go to completely rid us of google.

Thread