VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 27th, 2016 #1
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Default Matt Hale Needs an Attorney in Indiana

Matt Hale's Mom Evelyn just sent out a letter requesting an attorney to take Matt's case on a contingency (40%) basis.

I will post links to resources in Indiana. Please send a copy of the info re Matt and perhaps seeing several requests will generate interest.

Her letter includes a brief synopsis of his current situation and how he came to be in prison and especially in Solitary Confinement.

Matt has lost 20 lbs. in one month.

Here is his mom's letter:

"MY SON NEEDS AN ATTORNEY":

"I am writing you and asking for your assistance. My son Rev Matthew F. Hale is incarcerated at Terre Haute Federal Prison. His ID number is 15177-424.

Matt went to College and then to Law School. He passed the Bar and was then refused his Law License in the State of Illinois. He was arrested in 2002 at the Courthouse in Chicago as he was there to go before Judge Joan Lefkow to appeal her decision in a Trademark case.

Matt was charged for soliciting the murder of that judge and found guilty even though there was never any evidence presented during the trial which occurred in Hammond Indiana in 2004. Judge James T. Moody sentenced Matt using the guidelines used to sentence a terrorist, which of course, Matt is not. He was given 40 years. Matt was sent to Florence Admax federal prison.

The FBI and the government had an informant secretly tapes conversations with Matt for over a period of 2 years. On those tapes played during the trial, never once did my son ever ask the informant, Tony Evola to kill anyone. Evola tried to get Matt to ask him to kill the judge and Matt refused. In fact, Matt did say several times on that tape that he would have no part of any of what Evola was saying and that he would follow the law and make legal change.

Matt's attorney Thomas Durkin failed to represent Matt and is guilty of "ineffective Assistance of Counsel". He refused to go over to MCC in Chicago to see Matt and prepare for the case according to his then assistant, Patrick Blegen. He refused to call one witness even though he had a list of over 100 witnesses waiting to testify. When Matt told him he wanted to testify, he told Matt that he wasn't prepared to do that. The fact is, Durkin had a big case coming up (more money) and wanted to get Matt's case over with.

So, Matt was in solitary confinement at Florence (Supermax) prison for over 11 years for something he did not do. In June, 2016, he was transferred to Terre Haute FCI prison and on August 25th, he was thrown into SHU, accused of asking another inmate to send me a press release. The fact is that Matt sent that press release in an email to me, the prison email reader apparently approved the email and sent it on to me. Matt was charged with asking another inmate to send me the press release through regular mail. He was given 60 days in SHU. He has been in SHU for 120 days. Recently the warden Stephen Julian told me and told Matt that he knows that Matt did not commit the infraction. Two weeks ago the charge was thrown out and there will be another hearing scheduled. Matt will be transferred, the question is when! Matt is not getting enough food and has lost at least 20 pounds as of a month ago. I spoke with the warden and he told me that he would talk with Matt about the lack of food. He lied to me and that never happened. Matt is not allowerd to order food from the commissary so he is going hungry. We don't know how long he will remain in SHU at this point in time.

Matt has a Civil suit against the B.O.P. He was to start deposing witnesses the last part of November and had to move that forward because he was told he would have to depose them with handcuffs, a chain attached to them and to a belt around his waist. It is a possibility that the reason he is in SHU is to delay the depositions and the case.

Matt needs an attorney to file a lawsuit in the State of Indiana on a contingency basis (40%). (Phone number of his counselor I've left out)

To write to Matt, the following is his address:
Rev Matthew F. Hale 15177-424
FCI
P.O. Box 33
Terre Haute, IN 47808

My son needs your help! Please contact me at the following address:
Evelyn Hutcheson
(leaving out her phone number)
200 Carlson Ave. 25 H
Washington, IL 61571"

A Civil Rights Atty in Indiana:

611 E. Spring St.
New Albany, IN 47150-2923
http://smithbrotherslaw.com/

Please send e mails and letters to this attorney, or others you may know of in Indiana.
Thank you.

*Also, letters to Matt and his mom, as well as donations, are very much appreciated.

Thread