VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 1st, 2014 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post The Most Annoying Words of 2013

The Most Annoying Words of 2013

‘Selfie’ may have been named Oxford Dictionary’s word of 2013, but its popularity just earned it another accolade – being voted the most annoying and overused term of the past 12 months.

It topped the list of words Lake Superior State University want to be banished in 2014.

Other words that made the cut include ‘twerk’, ‘hashtag’, ‘Twittersphere’ and ‘Obamacare.’

The annual list of annoying words is based on nominations made on the official Banished Words Facebook page .

Each nomination was submitted with a brief explanation of why the word is annoying or should be banned.

According to his nomination for the word ‘selfie’, Facebook fan Bruce, from Ontario wrote: ‘Named ‘Word of the Year’ by Oxford Dictionary? Give me a break! Ugh, get rid of it.’

While David Lake from Wisconsin wrote: ‘It’s a lame word. It’s all about me, me, me. Put the smartphone away. Nobody cares about you.’

The term was made popular in 2013 when celebrities, in particular, began posting ‘selfies’ on Twitter and Instagram.

Even U.S. President Barack Obama and British Prime Minister David Cameron posed for a selfie with Denmark’s Prime Minister Helle Thorning Schmidt at Nelson Mandela’s memorial earlier this month.

The word ‘twerk’ became popular following Miley Cyrus’ performance with Robin Thicke at the MTV Video Music Awards in August.

2014 BANISHED WORDS LIST

1. Selfie - taking a photo of yourself

2. Twerk/twerking - a dance move made famous by Miley Cyrus

3. Hashtag - used for trending topics on Facebook and Twitter

4. Twittersphere - another word for Twitter

5. Mr. Mom - the name of the 1983 film starring Michael Keaton

6. T-Bone - the layout of a car accident

7. ‘…on steroids’ - to describe something fast or strong

8. ‘Ageddon and ‘Pocalypse - shortened versions of Armageddon and Apocalypse

9. Intellectually/Morally Bankrupt - words used by politicians

10. Obamacare - the U.S. health reform

11. Adversity - to describe struggling sports teams

12. Fan base - another word for fans

read full article at source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/01/n...words-of-2013/

Old January 1st, 2014 #2
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

Liberal point of view
DAMN IT

Diversity
Acceptance
Multiculturalism
Niggers
Inclusion
Tolerance

Last edited by SUNOFSPARTA; January 1st, 2014 at 11:00 AM.

Old January 15th, 2014 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

words leftists want to get rid of, not necessarily political words

leftist on use of language in 2013
http://gawker.com/the-years-very-wor...tic-1482113515

Old January 15th, 2014 #4
N.B. Forrest

The mooings of most bipedal bovines consist of a small grab-bag of these idiocies.

Somebody is coining this garbage. There have to be assclowns out there - probably in media and probably fags and/or kikes - who shat out "selfies" & "cougars" & "Brangelina". They deserve to be hunted down and stoned to death.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 16th, 2014 #5
Hunter Morrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
The mooings of most bipedal bovines consist of a small grab-bag of these idiocies.

Somebody is coining this garbage. There have to be assclowns out there - probably in media and probably fags and/or kikes - who shat out "selfies" & "cougars" & "Brangelina". They deserve to be hunted down and stoned to death.
I really dislike cougar and milf. Didn't we used to just call them older women and bar sluts?

My personal one is blatant. You know somebody has no thoughts in their head when they say that a lot. Everything is blatant. Not lurid, gratuitous, brazen or flagrant. Blatant. These people have heard the Electric Jew say that a few thousand times and have put that into their snide, glib vocabulary to dupe you into thinking they have two things that they sorely lack: passion and brainpower.

Blatant is more jewspeak, like "virulent."

Old January 16th, 2014 #6
Bardamu
Banned

I've always thought t-bone a fairly appropriate word for that type of car wreck. What are you supposed to say, broadside collision?

Old January 16th, 2014 #7
James Dovery

"Ratchet" is the worst word of 2013 because #1 it's a nigger-mispronunciation of the word "wretched" but white people use it to sound hip to negro lingo.

Old January 16th, 2014 #8
Martin Barlow
Banned

Where does "shit just got real" come from? It sounds very niggerish so I'm guessing its been popularized by some worthless Hollywood movie.

Tags
Performance art, Instagram, Music, Word, Robin Thicke

Thread