Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 22nd, 2010 #1
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Default Himmler and Goering Betrayals. The truth?

I'm a bit confused on this one.

I was just watching Der Untergang, which is now said to be the definitive cinematic piece on this particular time frame when Himmler and Goering lost favor with Hitler. Of course, I'm sure there's a lot of B.S. in that film.

What do you think the truth is here?

Part of me finds it hard to believe that these two men, who were with him from the beginning or the party more or less, would "betray" him as it's put forth by mainstream history.

Old June 22nd, 2010 #2
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.E. View Post
I'm a bit confused on this one.

I was just watching Der Untergang, which is now said to be the definitive cinematic piece on this particular time frame when Himmler and Goering lost favor with Hitler. Of course, I'm sure there's a lot of B.S. in that film.

What do you think the truth is here?

Part of me finds it hard to believe that these two men, who were with him from the beginning or the party more or less, would "betray" him as it's put forth by mainstream history.
Why don't you read some of the biographies and/or revelant works about both men? Then when you've done so perhaps formulate your thoughts and write an article expressing your opinion.

Besides last thing you want to believe is 'Downfall' as it is a film and yes it uses an incredible amount of artistic license.

If you need pointers towards notable titles within the literature on this general subject feel free to PM me.

Thread