Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 7th, 2011 #21
Mike Parker

What's the difference between economics and political economy?

Old March 7th, 2011 #22
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Thank you for the resources in this thread, and yours and others recommendations for the best books in this topic of economics.

It is one if the few areas I've been wanting to in the very least read the top 3-5 books as recommended by people like us (whites who envision a sane and fair white society).

It's not a nice feeling to feel politically-minded while economically-ignorant (from a perspective of devising ideal policy with safeguards against hostile economic theory as well). It is akin to the feeling I had using computers before I picked up some programming books. In both cases, until a certain amount of learning is done, you are reduced to believing in magic in parts of your life you use daily. Just as I don't see a colored box here and there but rather a class or a function, I'm sure some of you who have invested time in economics look at a lot of things different daily. Marketing was another topic like that for me (and what a disgusting awakening that treacherous topic is).

I have a base understanding of economics as many do, but to confront topics like the international stock exchange and all of this modern monstrosity, what would need to go, what should stay, what should be changed. So many questions with how huge the realm of economics is in this international world.

In the end, it comes down to what is most healthy for a community of people, and identifying what is unhealthy to make laws against it.

The Ron Paul fan: End the fed!
Me: then what?
The Ron Paul fan: I dunno, gold or something.

I will be adding the titles suggested here to my library.

Last edited by P.E.; March 7th, 2011 at 10:14 AM.

Old March 7th, 2011 #23
Rick Ronsavelle

Default start here (economics in one lesson) if you haven't read it

http://www.hacer.org/pdf/Hazlitt00.pdf

Old March 7th, 2011 #24
P.E.
Geriatric Coalburner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Ronsavelle View Post
234 pages. Not bad!

The table of contents has me interested enough, that I'm going to put what I was reading on hold and grab a bite and look through this now.

Maybe I'll post another thread with some thoughts after it.

Old March 7th, 2011 #25
Rick Ronsavelle

Good. Tell us about the broken window fallacy and how common it is ("Think of all the jobs created by replacing the Trade Towers")

Thread