Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 25th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default Do you think Spain might plunge into a second civil war ?

- - -
(the reason I post this in the economy-forum is because it really has to do with political stability , the Spanish state . .)

Having a look at the happenings in Spain especially in recent years I cannot help being pessimistic . .

There is the apparently neverending conflict with the Basques , the Catalonian conflict and , last , not least , a whole lot of black Africans arrive there every day by the boatloads . .

Political stability is rare in Spain . .

There are separatist attempts there ever-present and ethnic conflicts.

Little historical breakdown . .

The Spanish state , as we know it , came to pass under the Visigoths . .

The first inhabitants of the Iberian peninsula were the the Iberians ( from which it got its name . .) , a Celtic tribe . . . ( to this day there is a strong Celtic influence in Spain , people with Celtic influence ; red hair was their trademark . .)

The Muslims ( Northern African Moors ) had the Iberian penisula conquered for some time during the Middle Ages ,then they were defeated by Visigothic knights who were Christian . .

Spain became "part of the Occident again" . .

Yet , a lot of different influences in Spain until this day . . .

The North and the South , some separatist attempts , immigration , some 'minorities' , like the Gypsies . .

Some kind of powderkeg . .

No offense but I think Spain is one of the most political unstable occurances in Europe . .

The original Civil War was about different political fractions seeking power , maybe there could be another one coming . .?

Again , no offense but in a way , the Spanish state is an 'artificial product' of many areas ; I suppose that's also why separatist attempts were always so strong there . .

So . . given the territorial conflicts and 'racial alien subjects' , how would you evaluate the situation in Spain . .?

. .?

Last edited by ColdFire; March 26th, 2019 at 07:14 AM.

Old March 27th, 2019 #2
ColdFire
Banned

. . also . . what's your opinion on the Catalonian separatist Puigdemont . . ?

. . do you really think he is the way as portrayed by the media ?

Old April 25th, 2019 #3
ColdFire
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
. . also . . what's your opinion on the Catalonian separatist Puigdemont . . ?

. . do you really think he is the way as portrayed by the media ?
On a side note .. here in Germany Puigdemont is often called 'Putsch-Dämon' , meaning 'coup-demon' which in a way fits since he's a dissident and is demonized . .

Thread