Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 22nd, 2019 #61
Alex Linder
Administrator

also, if that's the cougar's territory, guess what, cougars cant read. they think their territory is what it used to be - just south of the polar region to tierra del fuego. yes, they orginally ranged over basically all of both of the americas. so go find one and give your house back. it will be harder than even an indian, but it's "their" territory, right?

Old February 22nd, 2019 #62
SouthernNS
Literally Kitler

Old February 22nd, 2019 #63
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
i've had bluegills try to eat me in farm ponds. "oh they dont eat humans" they told me. tell that to my toes and nipples.

in fairness, they didnt want to eat me, they felt they owed it to me.
I wouldn't go swimming in a farm pond around here. Because I've pulled snapping turtles out with heads the size of a fist.

Old February 22nd, 2019 #64
Crowe

Pound for pound, wolverines are the strongest. And they survive in very competitive environments, where there are brown bears, wolves, and cougars, and these are 20-30lb animals.

Wolverine cucks a cougar off a kill. These little animals supposedly have no fear. They even approach bears or several wolves with the same tenacity.

They cuck wolves off kills too:

Last edited by Crowe; February 22nd, 2019 at 11:53 AM.

Old February 22nd, 2019 #65
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I wouldn't go swimming in a farm pond around here. Because I've pulled snapping turtles out with heads the size of a fist.
an old farmer i used to know said they bite off cow teats. i find that hard to believe. it sounds like a myth to me. old farmers' tales are like old wives' tales: like milk snakes drink milk out of cows, or hoop snakes take their tail in mouth and roll away.

i've actually tried to do what that kentucky snapper hunter did, but it's not so easy to locate turtles that way, at least not without practice

i should post an incredible bloodspattered pic of me cutting off a snapper head with dull knife but i wont because it might be used against me down the line. i did it because i was cleaning the turtle to make snapper chowder.

Old February 22nd, 2019 #66
Crowe

Quote:
an old farmer i used to know said they bite off cow teats. i find that hard to believe. it sounds like a myth to me. old farmers' tales are like old wives' tales: like milk snakes drink milk out of cows, or hoop snakes take their tail in mouth and roll away.

i've actually tried to do what that kentucky snapper hunter did, but it's not so easy to locate turtles that way, at least not without practice

i should post an incredible bloodspattered pic of me cutting off a snapper head with dull knife but i wont because it might be used against me down the line. i did it because i was cleaning the turtle to make snapper chowder.
There was an old nigger that used to hang around this service station that I stopped in once or twice a week, and he overheard us talking about turtles, and he offered to pay $5-$10 a piece for them.

So, what I did was set trot lines into a pond, with whole bluegill attached, and that's how I would catch turtles. He always bought every turtle I brought, and he paid $10 for the biggest ones. I was a teenager at the time, so that wasn't bad money.

Old February 22nd, 2019 #67
SuDreich

Quote:
america has become obese retards who run everything on emotion, and all that is encouraged by powers that be.

they promoted eating grains and carbs, now the average woman's waist has gone from like 27 to 34, and men and women both weigh 30 lb more than they did in the sixties.

most 'pet' owners are irresponsible, they dont spay their animals, that's why there are ferals in many places.
Yeah, the food pyramid and also the advent of instant food around the time more women started working and didn't have time to cook anymore. Now look at what happened.

Some people in this thread seem to be implying that this man should not have "invaded the territory" of this cougar and he should've just laid down and let this wild cat chew his neck. It's neither good nor bad. This man was running in nature, the cat did what wild cats do.

We quest, we're curious, we adventure, we conquer, we "invade" and the lives of all around are better for it, all throughout history.
I went on an adventure in my truck on a back road in Kentucky, splashed through a puddle, saw turtles scurry out. I was fascinated, got out, grabbed one and it reared its head back and tried to snap at my finger. I guess I should curb my curiosity next time, stay home and mind my own business? Or let it bite my finger off because I was in its habitat? No.

I love my cuck-lynxes, they especially act funny since they were bottle-fed, like reaching out and touching my nose but these feral cat colonies created by irresponsible humans are a real problem. The humane society tips the ears, alters and releases them. It's all part of the decline of society, people being lazy and undisciplined, unwilling to take responsibility

Old February 22nd, 2019 #68
Erik T. White

Quote:
This guy isn't a jogger, he's a serious runner. 12-15 miles at a time. This is the type you see in colorado, why its citizens are in best shape of all states when they do these surveys.
Before my legs both went south, I used to run a minimum of six miles almost every day after I went into medical practice. I've been in a few regional marathons in my youth and never came close to winning since a 6' 6" chap at around 220 pounds of heavily muscled body couldn't win pitted against the smaller, lighter runners. I have some T shirts I still got, however. When I was 45 I started developing serious leg cramps after 15 miles, especially in my right calf muscles. I'd take a few days off, then work back up to 20 miles. I still worked out and wouldn't ever win a really hard endurance run. But I could do rather well running.

Old February 22nd, 2019 #69
Robbie Key

6' 6"? That's some serious height there, Erik.

I'm 5' 11''. Good enough to not feel short (I believe Sidney Crosby - the greatest hockey player on earth - is as tall as me) but I wish I had a couple of inches more.

Old February 22nd, 2019 #70
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Key View Post
6' 6"? That's some serious height there, Erik.

I'm 5' 11''. Good enough to not feel short (I believe Sidney Crosby - the greatest hockey player on earth - is as tall as me) but I wish I had a couple of inches more.
We're White Men, Robbie. And we both stand tall, the same height, defending Our White Race, White Brother!!!!!!!!!!!

Old February 22nd, 2019 #71
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik T. White View Post
Before my legs both went south, I used to run a minimum of six miles almost every day after I went into medical practice. I've been in a few regional marathons in my youth and never came close to winning since a 6' 6" chap at around 220 pounds of heavily muscled body couldn't win pitted against the smaller, lighter runners. I have some T shirts I still got, however. When I was 45 I started developing serious leg cramps after 15 miles, especially in my right calf muscles. I'd take a few days off, then work back up to 20 miles. I still worked out and wouldn't ever win a really hard endurance run. But I could do rather well running.
Well, you're a doctor. I have seen it said that running (at least on hard surfaces like streets) is inherently unhealthy because it destroys the joints over time. What do you say about that?

Old February 23rd, 2019 #72
Erik T. White

Quote:
Well, you're a doctor. I have seen it said that running (at least on hard surfaces like streets) is inherently unhealthy because it destroys the joints over time. What do you say about that?
Running on hard surfaces has detrimental effects on joints, the corresponding cartilage, and the bones, muscles, ligaments, tendons, and other components of the leg (e. g., nerves.). One of the results of running on hard areas is medial tibial stress syndrome, also known as shin splints:

Quote:
Shin splints is defined as "pain along the inner edge of the shinbone. (tibia)."[1] Shin splints are usually caused by repeated trauma to the connective muscle tissue surrounding the tibia.[2] They are a common injury affecting athletes who engage in running sports or other forms of physical activity, including running and jumping. They are characterized by general pain in the lower region of the leg between the knee and the ankle. Shin splints injuries are specifically located in the middle to lower thirds of the anterior or lateral part of the tibia, which is the larger of two bones comprising the lower leg.
Shin splints are the most prevalent lower leg injury[3] and affect a broad range of individuals. It affects mostly runners and accounts for approximately 13% to 17% of all running-related injuries.[4][5] High school age runners see shin splints injury rates of approximately 13%.[6] Aerobic dancers have also been known to have shin splints, with injury rates as high as 22%.[7] Military personnel undergoing basic training experience shin splints injury rates between 48%.[8][9]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_splints

Also:

Quote:
There are many causes of pain in or around the knee in athletes, particularly runners, including
Subluxation of the patella when bending the knee
Chondromalacia of the undersurface of the patella (runners knee, which is softening of the knee cap cartilage)
Intra-articular pathology, such as meniscal tears and plicae (infolding of the normal synovial lining of the knee)
Fat pad inflammation
Stress fractures of the tibia
Malalignment of the lower extremities
Patellar (or infrapatellar) tendinitis (jumpers knee, which is an overuse injury to the patellar tendon at the attachment to the lower pole of the patella)
Knee pain may be referred from the lumbar spine or hip or result from foot problems (eg, excessive pronation or rolling inward of the foot during walking or running).
https://www.merckmanuals.com/profess...us%20cartilage

The length of time at the point of impact on a hard surface is one reason that these injuries occur. Shoes with cushioning are used to absorb some of the impact but they aren't a total "cure all," because of individual differences in runners. Length of time at point of impact can cause acute (or immediate) injury, or repetitive impacts with less than adequate footwear can lead to gradual stress on bones, joints, cartilage, etc., and lead to chronic conditions like tearing of cartilage, malformations of the various bones in the leg, feet, and toes, and other complications. One example of how time at point of impact on a surface is the shattering of glass on a hard surface, such as concrete. If common, breakable glass is dropped from a certain height, not only the fact that the concrete surface is hard is responsible for the glass breaking, but it's time at the point of impact and the angle of drop. If glass of identical fracture is dropped on concrete at an angle sufficient to allow the glass to minimize the stress at the point of impact, such as at an angle with a long "slide" of concrete, with the concrete gently curving up (a concave shape), then the glass will not break if the conditions are met. This is true of running downhill on concrete or another hard surface since the body is more affected by the gravity nearing the bottom of the run and the time at points of contact are shorter. This is not an all inclusive reason, since I haven't included the force of impacts, kinetic energy factors, etc., but is a "thumbnail sketch" of the relationship of hardness and length of time at point of impact.

I hope this helps out.

Old February 23rd, 2019 #73
Alex Linder
Administrator

Thanks, EW!

I hate running. I walk and pick up garbage!

Old February 23rd, 2019 #74
Erik T. White

Quote:
Thanks, EW!

I hate running. I walk and pick up garbage!
Thanks for asking for my input, and I'm glad to have helped out Alex.

Thread