VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 26th, 2017 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Security Warnings Etec.

Security warnings pop up today on VNN. I don't know where this comes from. I've contacted Varg, waiting on his response.

I simply don't have time or interest at this point to do more than pay the bills for this forum. I appreciate those who donate.

I need some extra technical/admin help if you want to keep this forum in decent form.

My focus is going to be on doing audiobooks, I simply am not going to administer this forum from day to day. Perhaps I will again in the future, but not now.

I had hoped someone would step forward who could use this forum to develop it further, someone I could trust to make an admin, but that has not happened. I'm don't want to push it on anyone because nothing comes from that.

There it is. I don't know what to tell you.

Too many garbage people out there in this for selfish reasons, zero accountability, zero trust.

Social media have eclipsed private forums at this point, for the news.

Email me at [email protected]. I will consider anything promising. It all starts with basic trust and loyalty.

Old January 26th, 2017 #2
SouthernNS
Literally Kitler

I got the same warnings in Firefox. All it takes is some antifa faggots taking a few seconds to send in false reports.

Old January 26th, 2017 #3
varg

This was because Google recently decided to mark all sites that have a login page without using HTTPS as potentially insecure sites.

I had received this warning in my mailbox though didn't see it or know that it would take effect today:

Because we have a forum that requires users to login with a username and password and we didn't have HTTPS enabled, google decided to mark us as a bad site.

A lot of sites haven't switched over to HTTPS. Typically you would have it enabled on banking sites or sites where you make purchases, but I guess google is getting more strict about it.

I have enabled HTTPS for all pages on VNNF now, and submitted the case for review/approval by google to get rid of this warning alert.

Other browsers like Firefox would have been blocking it as well because they rely on Google's 'safe browsing' service as well.

Once this gets marked as resolved, the alert should go away.

Old January 26th, 2017 #4
notmenomore

Thumbs up

Thanks for the good info!

Old January 26th, 2017 #5
varg

You'll also notice it now has the lock icon next to our URL like you've probably seen when you browse to banking and shopping sites.

I have to wait on Jewgle to clear up the "deceptive site ahead" warning in the Chrome browser.

Old January 26th, 2017 #6
Ray Allan

I was getting similar warnings whenever I tried to access rt.com. After all, that's a Russian propaganda site.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old January 27th, 2017 #7
notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
You'll also notice it now has the lock icon next to our URL like you've probably seen when you browse to banking and shopping sites.

I have to wait on Jewgle to clear up the "deceptive site ahead" warning in the Chrome browser.
Even with this done the Jewgle is still interfering. (Also on Mozilla browser.)

Thanks for your work on this!!

Old January 28th, 2017 #8
Jack Dean

No problems of that nature here in the UK - I suppose it depends a lot on who your ISP is. However I now have to manually input username and password every time.

Old January 28th, 2017 #9
varg

I've changed the Login page so that it is on a separate page that is enforced to use HTTPS, rather than how vBulletin had it before where it is on the top of every page if you are not logged in. Hopefully this will clear up the 'deceptive site' bullshit Google has slapped on our site for no real reason.\

I have also disabled our twitter javascript ticker code in case for some reason they were marking that as unsafe, even though it isn't. But I am trying to narrow down why they are improperly marking us now, all of a sudden, when nothing has changed on the site.

Last edited by varg; January 28th, 2017 at 01:44 PM.

Old January 28th, 2017 #10
varg

The kikes at Jewgle have some nerve.

A lot of the first results on google search, if you don't have an ad blocker, are prefixed as "ad" in small font. When you click these links you'll often times be directed to actual malware sites or scam sites that open popup windows in your browser try to trick you using scare tactics into calling 800 numbers to either collect your credit card to fix the 'virus' you supposedly have, or try to get remote access to your computer. When in actuality these fake popups on ad sites are just popup windows in the browser with specially crafted messages to look legitimate, not real warnings about being infected with viruses. I had to help someone who searched for "amazon" on google and clicked the first result that was an ad- then he almost called the scammers 800 number and gave them his credit card.

Google lets these sites be listed as top results to get revenue from advertisers and scammers, yet they lie and say our site is "deceptive" when there is nothing malicious on our site or in the vbulletin code. I'm starting to believe they are specifically targeting us, especially since I submitted the review after switching the site to full HTTPS and it was at first rejected, now I resubmitted.

Old January 28th, 2017 #11
Ossian

I get the same false message, repeated every time I click on a new thread (and also when making this reply.)

There was also a bar on top that disappeared after I clicked on it to file a report saying the warning-message was false.

I don't know how to do a 'screenshot' so this is just a copy and paste of what came after that, which had the following on it:

Report Incorrect Forgery Alert
Firefox logo

If you believe the Phishing Protection feature is warning users of misleading activity on what is actually a safe page, please complete the form below to report the error to Google. Your report will be anonymous in accordance with Google's privacy policy.

Learn more about Firefox Phishing Protection.
URL:

Comments:
(Optional)
Google

But even AFTER sending the 'report' I continue to get the stupid, scary, false messages about 'pshishing,' etc.

Also, I noticed the scroll-bar disappeared on the right side of my screen, and I had to use the mouse-wheel instead. But now, at least while typing this reply, the scroll-bar is back.

I'm in MO, and my ISP is at&t-yahoo.

Old January 28th, 2017 #12
notmenomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossian View Post
I get the same false message, repeated every time I click on a new thread (and also when making this reply.)

[snip]

But even AFTER sending the 'report' I continue to get the stupid, scary, false messages about 'pshishing,' etc.
Google (and most other of the big-time sites) pays no attention whatever to what is posted in their little "comments" box. Thatz just a sop to con you into thinking that some one is actually paying attention. WRONG!!

Old January 30th, 2017 #13
Mike Whitehead

I am always suspicious of the very first result at the top of a search page output listing. It nearly always is some kind of sponsored link.

Mind you I don't use Jewgle anyway. For the last five years I've been using a different search engine - duckduckgo.

Old January 30th, 2017 #14
Ossian

For the first time in three days, on my computer anyway, this site is now restored to normal.
The lying "warning!" is gone and the scroll bar is back.

Old January 30th, 2017 #15
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Whitehead View Post
Mind you I don't use Jewgle anyway. For the last five years I've been using a different search engine - duckduckgo.
I was using duckduckgo, but someone pointed out startpage, and I think it works better.

Old February 10th, 2017 #16
Olaf Menes

Quote:
Originally Posted by varg View Post
I'm starting to believe they are specifically targeting us,
Just wait, with control of the Internet turned over to "International Control" by blister lipped Obama and his merry band of kikedom, sites like VNN are now going to be in the cross hairs more than ever.

VNN Fact is like kryptonite to the superjews.

Old February 10th, 2017 #17
Ray Allan

Two things have been happening to me recently: One, I am getting an "Error 1006" message saying VNN has banned my ISP, usually after I log off and am not able to log back on for a couple hours afterward. This started after I posted a message two days ago in the VNNUK section stating House of Commons Speaker John Bercow was a jew (which he is, and I provided evidence of it). Obviously I haven't been banned, but the message keeps appearing. Two, I frequently get another message saying VNN's server is offline while I am browsing the site and again, am unable to log back on until a couple hours later. I don't know a lot about DDOS attacks, but I was wondering if that's what's been happening.

Old February 11th, 2017 #18
Olaf Menes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
Two things have been happening to me recently: One, I am getting an "Error 1006" message saying VNN has banned my ISP, usually after I log off and am not able to log back on for a couple hours afterward. This started after I posted a message two days ago in the VNNUK section stating House of Commons Speaker John Bercow was a jew (which he is, and I provided evidence of it). Obviously I haven't been banned, but the message keeps appearing. Two, I frequently get another message saying VNN's server is offline while I am browsing the site and again, am unable to log back on until a couple hours later. I don't know a lot about DDOS attacks, but I was wondering if that's what's been happening.

Try deleting your cache/browser history/cookies.

Old February 11th, 2017 #19
Ray Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olaf Menes View Post
Try deleting your cache/browser history/cookies.
Thanks, I'll try that.

Thread