Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 29th, 2017 #61
Alex Him

I would like to be able to edit my posts regardless of the time of their creation.

Old June 2nd, 2017 #62
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
I would like to be able to edit my posts regardless of the time of their creation.
There's a reason this is not allowed. I don't think you would abuse it, but we have had others who did. I believe that is why the rule was put in place originally. I don't think we can selectively empower people to do that - but I might be wrong. If Varg sees this, he can respond.

The goal here is to stop people going back and changing threads after time has elapsed. It messes with people's memories and falsifies important (forum) history.

So I would say the best solution is post it right the first few times. I don't know at what point it's not editable.

Old June 2nd, 2017 #63
Alex Him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
There's a reason this is not allowed. I don't think you would abuse it, but we have had others who did. I believe that is why the rule was put in place originally. I don't think we can selectively empower people to do that - but I might be wrong. If Varg sees this, he can respond.

The goal here is to stop people going back and changing threads after time has elapsed. It messes with people's memories and falsifies important (forum) history.

So I would say the best solution is post it right the first few times. I don't know at what point it's not editable.
I understand the reason for this limitation and back up your decision. But I asked for the removal of this limitation solely for myself. This limitation does not bother me personally.
However, this limitation prevents me from making my topics more convenient for visitors.

Old August 31st, 2021 #64
Jacky Jones

Question

How long or how many post does it take for a new member posts not to be moderated, and long does it take for a new member to post in every subforum?

Last edited by Jacky Jones; September 1st, 2021 at 06:49 AM.

Old September 29th, 2021 #65
Mick Walker
Banned

I've decided to post on VNN FORUM, because I got my vk.com account closed down, normally I just post my memes in the graphics thread but have started posting different types of newslinks over the forum. If this is okay then please let me know as I Don't want banning due to someone thinking I am just spamming the forum!!!

T.i.a

Mick Walker.

Old September 29th, 2021 #66
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick Walker View Post
I've decided to post on VNN FORUM, because I got my vk.com account closed down, normally I just post my memes in the graphics thread but have started posting different types of newslinks over the forum. If this is okay then please let me know as I Don't want banning due to someone thinking I am just spamming the forum!!!

T.i.a

Mick Walker.

No, nobody will think you're spamming, don't worry.

Someone got banned once for link antics but he was continually putting the same link in multiple sections with no accompanying text or portion of the article.

Old September 29th, 2021 #67
Ray Allan

I appeared to have at least 6 posts deleted in the past couple days. The count was 11,478, I believe. When I logged on today it was 11,471. I don't recall posting anything that would warrant deletion.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old September 29th, 2021 #68
Ray Allan

Never mind. Johan just informed me he deleted the Dutch-speaking section, and I had a few posts there.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old October 1st, 2021 #69
George Witzgall

I've enjoyed Johan's posts in the past, but deleting an entir section of the forum is irresponsible, that is Linder's purview. Johan should be stripped of mod powers, he is unfit to have those powers.

If possible to restore the Dutch-speaking section I hope it is restored. Hope Johan continues to contribute to the forum, but not as a mod.

Tags
rules, vnnforum

Thread