Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 22nd, 2015 #61
varg

They were on moderation, as all new users are.

I took them off moderation now.

Old May 22nd, 2015 #62
SlavicSerb

Everything is ok. Thank you very much on your work. To use this post too , hello to all members, to all stuff members. I want to send greetings from Serbian Sunrise and Tiwaz thanks for you guarantee about me.
I will post only here because i am new on forums,but Tiwaz and Dagaz explained methat vnn is only forum with honor. This is most i portant for me. Varg,thank you too,as i see you take me off moderation.Cheers to all.

Old October 10th, 2015 #63
Ian Kelshaw

Test to check posting.

Old November 29th, 2016 #64
Sean Gruber

VNN Forum may be acting wacky. Can't see Linder's twitterfeed, or see my thumbs ("your notifications" goes to "user CP"). I'm on Tor today, so maybe that's it, but usually works.

EDIT: Just learned Twitter axed Linder's account. But the rest still applies. Thanks.

Less talk, more action

Last edited by Sean Gruber; November 29th, 2016 at 02:20 PM.

Old December 1st, 2016 #65
varg

Your Tor browser probably updated, and has restrictions on running Java script.

Those features you mentioned use Javascript.

Tor doesnt provide anonymity. The US govt mostly funds it, and has it many honeypots on it, and fake Tor exit nodes set up for eavesdropping. It also locks down a lot of normal browser features that will cause issues with a lot of sites. Those features are working for everyone else, its just on your side. Also, TOR does not encrypt data. I would caution against logging in to any personal website account using TOR as there is potential for them to listen in a man-in-the-middle attack and collect passwords you send across the wire.

Old December 12th, 2016 #66
Sean Gruber

Thanks, varg!

Less talk, more action

Old December 14th, 2016 #67
Crowe

I agree with Varg about TOR. If you actually want to be secure, then you're going to need multiple layers of security. At least, that's what I've heard after doing a little bit of research on the matter. Some combination of a proxy + VPN. And being knowledgeable about exploits that can leak your identity.

I know recently, it was discovered that Windows 10 has a DNS leak:

https://www.bestvpn.com/blog/28318/w...risk-dns-leak/

If you got a DNS leak, you're fucked. But the average internet user isn't gonna be aware of loopholes in their security like this. Malware can also leak your real identity. There have been exploits in java, and flash player that give your real identity away as well. This is why being "secure" isn't really that simple anymore. You actually have to be knowledgeable and and stay in the loop about these matters. Most people don't have the time, or the willingness to do so. Except for the people who are actually doing, real, genuine, illegal activities.

I know people who frequently pirate stuff via torrents, and don't want to get in any trouble use services like Torguard, which you have to pay for. But I'm not really sure how secure this service is if you're looking to avoid the feds for example.

But most of the actual hackers that do actual dirt on the internet, people who would need air tight security, don't make their security methods public knowledge. So the average Joe is kinda left wondering what's secure and what isn't? There is a lot of false information floating around the internet as well.

Last edited by Crowe; December 14th, 2016 at 01:25 PM.

Old February 18th, 2017 #68
Robbie Key

I was suddenly IP-banned on my laptop. Was there a technical fault or mistake?

Old February 18th, 2017 #69
varg

It was a security system I had in place that must have given a false positive. I have disabled that one particular aspect of it as it seems like it is not working properly. Let me know if you get any more IP ban notices.

Old March 7th, 2017 #70
Alex Linder
Administrator

people: sometimes you might get an IP ban notice, but that appears to mean you've accessed something for too many attempts. it happened to me. it's nothing personal. i suspect it's mostly fixed but it has still happened to a couple people. wait some minutes and you'll be able to post. (march 7)

Old April 14th, 2017 #71
Wyatt Parr
Banned

I'm not having any trouble logging in... but... even though I always check the "remember me" box, I find myself logged out and needing to log in again every time I come back to the site.

Old October 5th, 2017 #72
Berserker clan

Can I be taken off moderation? I never received a conformation e-mail and I have enough damn problems with my computer and phone without creating a new e-mail so at this time I'm not going that route... would it help if I say please? If not I can probably find a couple people to vouch for who I am...

Old November 28th, 2017 #73
Larry the Raysiss
Most WNs are Kiked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt Parr View Post
I'm not having any trouble logging in... but... even though I always check the "remember me" box, I find myself logged out and needing to log in again every time I come back to the site.
I'm having this problem, too. I don't even have to leave the site. It seems that after so much time elapses after I log in, the system just logs me off.

I never had this problem before I upgraded Firefox to v57 Quantum so I don't know if it a problem in FF's end or on VNN's end. Maybe FF57 is having a problem with cookies? Dunno, but this is the only site it's happening on as far as I can tell. Been using FF57 for about a week now.

Old November 28th, 2017 #74
Robbie Key

Yes, I have that problem too. It's been going since they updated the forum's look I think. I haven't changed browsers or anything since then.

Old August 22nd, 2018 #75
Johan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
I have heard today (4/3/9) that people using Mozilla and Safari could not get vnnforum.com to pull up. Let us know if you have had problems logging on.

I use Firefox and have not had a problem.
Some people from Holland want to come to VNN,but they can't they get the next message.

" Access denied
The owner of this website (vnnforum.com) has banned your IP"
?

Old August 22nd, 2018 #76
andy

It seems to be blocked from the UK for chrome users.I use the IP number
http://****************/index.php

Chase them into the swamps

Old August 22nd, 2018 #77
Johan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
It seems to be blocked from the UK for chrome users.I use the IP number
http://****************/index.php
Thank you Andy for response,i think the problem is Chrome.I use Firefox and never have any problems.

Old December 18th, 2018 #78
T.Garrett
Banned

Default hey

can someone send me a confirmation email to [email protected] so I can get off moderation

thanks

Old February 7th, 2019 #79
Alex Him

Today, my provider blocked access to this site referring to a court decision of 2010. I had to take a maneuver to circumvent this ban.

Old February 8th, 2019 #80
Rasen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Him View Post
Today, my provider blocked access to this site referring to a court decision of 2010. I had to take a maneuver to circumvent this ban.
Meh, having troubles with freedom of speech in putinistan?

Thread