VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 8th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Death Thread

[going through my old paper notes, came across this good article from the Wall Street Journal. Living White in relation to death means setting up those around you to get through the process, and it is a process, with the least pain and most money at the back end. Death, like everything else in life, is a scam.]

Article:

The 25 Documents You Need Before You Die

- design your death dossier soon -- or you could be setting your heirs up for frustration and financial pain

The 25 documents:

- marriage license
- divorce papers

- personal and family medical history
- durable health-care power of attorney
- authorization to release health-care information
- living will
- do-not-resuscitate (DNR) order

- housing, land and cemetery deeds
- escrow mortgage accounts
- proof of loans made and debts owed
- vehicle titles
- stock certificates, savings bonds and brokerage accounts
- partnership and corporate operating agreements
- tax returns

- life-insurance policies
- individual retirement accounts (IRAs)
- 401(k) accounts
- pension documents
- annuity contracts

- list of bank accounts
- list of all user names and passwords
- list of safe-deposit boxes

- will
- letter of instruction
- trust documents

==============================

From the article:

"An original will is the most important document to keep on file. A will allows you to dictate who inherits your assets and, if your children are underage, their guardians. Dying without a will means losing control of how your assets are distributed. Instead, state law will determine what happens."

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 8th, 2014 at 07:41 PM.

Old April 6th, 2014 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

white woman chooses assisted suicide

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...d-9242053.html

An 89-year-old British woman has killed herself at the Dignitas assisted suicide clinic in Switzerland, in part because she had become fed up with the modern world of emails, TVs, computers and supermarket ready meals.

Speaking in an interview before her death and asking only to be identified as Anne, the former art teacher and Royal Navy engineer said she had had enough of “swimming against the current” of the world.

In her application to Dignitas she reportedly described her life as “full, with so many adventures and tremendous independence”, but had recently found her strength and health fading and feared the prospect of a prolonged period in hospital or a nursing home.

Anne, from Sussex, was neither terminally ill nor seriously handicapped when she died, and beforehand spoke out in favour of people having the right to die in the UK.

She told the Sunday Times: “They say adapt or die. At my age, I feel that I can’t adapt, because the new age is not an age that I grew up to understand. I see everything as cutting corners. All the old-fashioned ways of doing things have gone.”

Anne told the newspaper she felt email had taken the humanity out of human interaction, and said people were “becoming robots” sat in front of screens.

She described her horror at the rows of ready-made meals on sale in supermarkets, and her fears about the environmental impact of overcrowding and pollution.

“I find myself swimming against the current, and you can’t do that,” she said. “If you can’t join them, get off.”

Michael Irwin, the founder of the Society for Old Age Rational Suicide (Soars), helped Anne with her application to Dignitas. He said she had ended her life “with quiet determination”, and that her only “regret” was that she had been made to travel to Switzerland, accompanied by her 54-year-old niece, to do so.

Anne killed herself on the 27 March. Just the day before, David Cameron said he would oppose the relaxing of assisted suicide laws in Britain on the grounds that people could feel “unfairly pressurised” into ending their lives.

The Prime Minister intervened when the Liberal Democrat Care Minister, Norman Lamb, claimed that proposed legislation to legalise the practice among terminally ill adults with less than six months to live had achieved “quite widespread public support”.

Assisted suicide remains a criminal offence in England and Wales, technically punishable by up to 14 years in prison – though Crown Prosecution Service guidelines indicate anyone acting with compassion to fulfil a dying person’s wishes is unlikely to face criminal charges.

[this doesn't bother me. the problems kick in when you authorize DOCTORS to start offing people because doctors don't even like to wait ten minutes for childbirth to happen, they want to get the caes. done and get on the golf course. the natural division is between helping-healing-explaining-curing...the rest belongs to another world, and the patient and family should be in control there. let the little speccy bastards focus on HEALING ALONE. keep it simple, stupids.]

Tags
#1, death

Thread