VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old November 8th, 2011 #1
Atkins
No Limit Nigga!

Default Living White: Complete Sobriety

Two years ago, I quit drinking alcohol in any form. I had succumbed to a lifestyle ruled by alcohol. It clouded my thinking, impaired my judgement and made it too easy to repress those thoughts which should have been examined and understood.

So many times, when I compared where I was in life and where I wanted to be, alcohol stood in the way. And it wasn't cheap maintaining a full-time drinking habit. It took its toll on me from a physical standpoint as well. My fitness level suffered and I got sick more often than I should have. Relationships suffered as things were said that should have been kept quiet and other things were kept quiet that should have been said.

So take a moment and look at what your real alcohol intake is. In my experience, almost everyone lies to themselves and to others about how much they really drink. Add up all the money you've spent on it in the last month. I'll wager there are a few of you out there paying money to a local court to participate in some rehab program where you pay to go to counseling, pay a parole officer to test you and have one of those breathalizer contraptions on your car that you have to blow in before you drive to work in the morning. And all this is because you thought there was no way you'd get busted on that second DUI.

Alcohol can be a trap for the WN, allowing one to wallow in the general malaise that pervades the 'kwa. Eliminating it cleared my thinking to where that was no longer acceptable. It accelerated my de-whiggerization. It put so much more money in my pocket, far beyond what was saved at the liquor store. It allows me to do a better job of Living White. Ask yourself how long you could go without it. Think you can drop it anytime? Then try it.

Old November 9th, 2011 #2
Chip Farley

Am lucky.

My addiction is not alcohol... it is women!

Old November 9th, 2011 #3
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Farley View Post
Am lucky.

My addiction is not alcohol... it is women!
It'll end up being both.

Good for you, Atkins. Alcohol is not enjoyed responsibly by, I'd suggest, most. And for many, it can't be, judging by personal experience.

I never got into the youth alcohol thing, where it's the center of your life. I don't get that. I assume the silly alcohol laws actually promote the behavior, in the US.

Old November 10th, 2011 #4
Nate Richards

People talk bad about alcohol but delerium tremens burns a lot of calories and helps you find those pesky ant lines that nobody else noticed.

Old November 10th, 2011 #5
ray bateson
baппed

Simple observations from my point of view:

Intoxication is for imagination.

Sobriety is for thinking.

Madness waits at the extreme of either one.

Old November 10th, 2011 #6
procopius

White Europeans drink more than White Americans and yet don't have the same drinking problems, nor do they need AA cults to cure them of their "disease". Is it possible, like most issues, Americans view themselves as a victim of something external and therefore project their poor life choices onto it?

Not that I am promoting drinking, but there is nothing about sobriety that is "living White". Whites have been drinking for 1000s of years.

Old November 10th, 2011 #7
Mike Parker

The French-Italian approach makes sense. They sip wine as an integral part of a meal. They don't make a special point of tossing back 10 shots of JD in as many minutes, as one exceptionally moronic American freshman did.

Old November 10th, 2011 #8
MikeTodd
Pussy Bünd "Commander"

Are you saying I could go to France or Italy and not find any Frogs or Dagos getting 'faced?
I find that hard to believe.

Old November 10th, 2011 #9
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Parker View Post
The French-Italian approach makes sense. They sip wine as an integral part of a meal. They don't make a special point of tossing back 10 shots of JD in as many minutes, as one exceptionally moronic American freshman did.
This is it, exactly. The Spanish are the same. I lived in Spain for two years and change. I never saw a Spaniard of any age indulge in foolish drinking. I never saw a drunk Spaniard. You could be at a festival or feria at two in the morning and Spanish of all ages would be partying like crazy, yet no one would be drunk...not even a little. They drink small amounts of wine or beer with meals, and a small drink or two in the late evening.

Mike

Old November 11th, 2011 #10
Nate Richards

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/c...ol/by-country/

According to that, you guys are right about Spain and Italy doing well, but France actually has a high rate of alcohol-related death. Europeans in general seem to have it bad.

Old November 11th, 2011 #11
Mike Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTodd View Post
Are you saying I could go to France or Italy and not find any Frogs or Dagos getting 'faced?
I don't know what you'd find, Mike. Water seeks its own level.

Old November 11th, 2011 #12
Mike Parker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Denver View Post
They drink small amounts of wine or beer with meals, and a small drink or two in the late evening.
One I lunch I had in Madrid consisted of a fried calamari sandwich (Spanish version of a "po-boy"?) and for bebida, cerveza served in a little orange juice glass. Compare Munich, where the default is a liter!

Last edited by Mike Parker; November 11th, 2011 at 08:28 AM.

Old November 11th, 2011 #13
procopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post
http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/c...ol/by-country/

According to that, you guys are right about Spain and Italy doing well, but France actually has a high rate of alcohol-related death. Europeans in general seem to have it bad.
Personal automobiles exacerbates the problems with drinking, that is for sure, and probably has to do with the high statistics for most alcohol-related deaths in the US and Europe. If personal automobiles could drive themselves then that would decrease significantly the problems with alcohol. In fact, I bet in the US most people's issues with drinking is with driving automobiles.

Old November 16th, 2012 #14
Frelinghuysen

I used to have a problem with illegal substances. I feel that it's almost inevitable when you're a teenager. Pot is just there at many social functions teenagers attend on the weekend by themselves. Unfortunately I "graduated" to harder substances as i grew older and got deeper into the rave scene in the 90's. I been to rehabs, detoxes, AA/NA and psychiatrists/therapist at one point or another while trying to get sober in the last 6 years or so. I'm extremely glad to finally say i'm sober today, But i'm on a methadone maintenance program. I don't plan on staying on it forever, but it's the only thing that actually helped me stay away from even alcohol. I've only been on it less than 2 years, so I haven't been on it that long, I plan on going down in the spring and finally getting off of it by next summer.

Old October 14th, 2013 #15
ohgolly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray bateson View Post
Simple observations from my point of view:

Intoxication is for imagination.

Sobriety is for thinking.

Madness waits at the extreme of either one.
This is a good one. The part about sobriety being for thinking is an obvious no-brainer but I wonder how many have experimented with the first part for that reason, i.e. tried to reach the balance between the two. It's like surfing. The ride is always very temporary, but aggressively engaging.

Old April 12th, 2014 #16
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

Alcohol is the Achilles heel of the White race.

Old April 13th, 2014 #17
Zander

IMO Watching television is more harmful to Whites than alcohol.

Old April 13th, 2014 #18
robert burns

I have experience of growing up around some drunks in the family and can say I hate the SOBs. They can make life hell for the family and are a selfish group. I have no problem with a guy that drinks a few beers with the guys or smokes pot sometimes.

Some people can control it and some cannot. I know people that drink all day every day and then I know people that can try any drug and not be hooked. I also have seen people try something like meth and it has ruined their life and those around them.

I'm not preaching to anyone and have had my share of booze but it never hooked me and I have not had any in years because I don't really want it.

Old April 13th, 2014 #19
Alex Linder
Administrator

The white way is moderation in all things. Comes from the Greeks. It works. If you're on the left half of the bell curve, then you may need to make things more black and white. If you can't handle drugs or alcohol, avoid them entirely.

Old April 13th, 2014 #20
Lars Redoubt
Thomsonist-Frenzian

We have had TV for 50-60 years.

We have had Christinsanity for 2 000 years (I am thinking of R P Olivers thesis that the Christ cult is the AIDS of the White race).

We have had alcohol and other drugs for much longer than that, probably 10 000, or 100 000 years.

Thread