VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 13th, 2014 #21
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

That's why I recommended a converted-over bus. They're simple and if they're an old diesel, there's no routine maintenance to perform. Don't forget that any wear through milage is only going to take place when moving the vehicle for changing parking locations. Compare any potential glass damage combined with all other maintenance expenses to paying property tax. The savings would more than cover any glass insurance coverage, as well as the other expenses.

Old December 13th, 2014 #22
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.B. View Post
New cars can be very nice to drive but they can be bad on many a couple levels: (1) they depreciate so fast, and (2) because they can be so nice to drive, you may end up driving them more just for the sheer enjoyment of it which can rack up economic costs pretty quickly.
When I am going to by a new car I tend to go into dealerships of the brand I want and ask if they have ex-demonstrators or current demonstrators they are interested in selling on. These tend to come at a significant discount because of the mileage and not being able to choose your trim (etc).

However they do tend to be high spec and dealers like to move them on when they get a reasonable offer (esp. if it is cash).

To be honest I'd echo you on the not putting extra miles on my cars: that was a bad habit in my late teens/early 20s. Fuel and the depreciation is a killer in terms of finances and it is so easy to chuck money away without realizing you are doing it.

As some more general points about my youth I'd change if I could go back:

A) I'd learn how to cook properly earlier as knowing how to cook and doing it well means you can save a fortune on pre-made ingredients/food.

B) I'd have started foraging for berries/firewood, gotten an allotment to grow my own vegetables and asked my mother or girlfriend (now wife) to turn them into jams/spreads/pie filling (etc).

C) I would have quit using supermarkets and gone with local businesses/farmers for things I needed, but couldn't get otherwise.

You save an absolute fortune (and get better quality stuff) by cutting out the (often jewed out) megacorp middleman and either growing/foraging for it yourself or going direct to the producer.

Old December 13th, 2014 #23
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Default The world according to tarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
That's why I recommended a converted-over bus. They're simple and if they're an old diesel, there's no routine maintenance to perform.
It doesn't get any simpler than a hole in the ground. Unless you find a cave. Just watch out for bears.

Old December 13th, 2014 #24
Theodore

Living in a bus <or> living in prison

Old December 13th, 2014 #25
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

One who lives in his bus is king of his own pooper. One who lives in prison is doomed to sharing his pooper with numerous prison husbands.

Old December 13th, 2014 #26
Sean Gruber

For Sam, it's McMansion vs. hole in the ground.

Less talk, more action

Old December 15th, 2014 #27
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Gruber View Post
For Sam, it's McMansion vs. hole in the ground.
For Sam it's "See that homeless guy? Don't be that guy."

Old December 15th, 2014 #28
albert999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gifu View Post
Skip college, go directly to some trade (hvac, carpenter, whatever) and begin working at 17-18 as soon as I could. Work in an apprenticeship and then job until I was 25-27ish or so, then start my own business. I'd be very rich by now. Ah, to have this wisdom years ago.
No you wouldn't ,we have a contractors license, license for refrigeration, air conditioning and heating and we are still poor.
We are in a depression , customers don't have the money.
Too much competition...

Old December 15th, 2014 #29
albert999
Banned

And if that wasn't bad enough, working your azz off in this economy, you have some Nigger president telling you, " you didn't work that ,that business it was given to you" I don't remember anybody giving us anything, did Obama's nigger sons pass those tests? No they didn't, WE did.

Old February 3rd, 2015 #30
H.B.

This might be a slight digression but it is kind of on-topic.

Common but I believe bad advice for young people is, "find your passion and run with it."

That may work out well in a very small percentage of times where people might become professional athletes, famous actors or actresses or start multi-million corporations. I ran with my passion at a young age and it did not get me anywhere. With most people, that would probably be the case.

Better advice: Look for where the money and the job growth is and see if you can do it. Do it. Then get real good at it and learn to love it.

That way, rather than waiting for the world to embrace your passion like you embrace your passion, you are already providing something that the labor market not only sorely needs, but it pays a premium wage for. Then, simply get better and better at it and then have that become your passion. That has a much higher probability of success.

Last edited by H.B.; February 3rd, 2015 at 08:49 PM.

Old April 26th, 2015 #31
H.B.

Sometimes you really wish you made the best decisions with your money when you were younger.

So maybe it's better to figure out how to manage money and assets before you are old and grey - or never even figure it out at all. I am no spring chicken but am fortunate that most estimate I am in my early 30's and still occasionally get carded.

When you analyze your own finances, what you realize there are so many opportunities to make good and bad decisions. The collective results of each of these decisions can have gigantic ramifications over the course of your lifetime: you can literally rise from poverty to be a billionaire. Conversely, you can be worth many millions and lose it all.

Last edited by H.B.; April 26th, 2015 at 08:16 PM.

Old April 26th, 2015 #32
H.B.

One of the most obvious ways to build wealth is to buy up properties where houses are undervalued and rents are high and convert them to rental units. If you properly screen your tenants and go in a little lower than prevailing market rates with nicer units, you can count on fewer delinquencies and vacancies.

Imagine, clearing an extra $500, $1,000, $2,000 or even $5,000 a month (after expenses) residual income that is just there. So no matter how things go in your career, personal successes feel that much better and setbacks are that less punitive.

Distressed areas can be a goldmine often because some dipshit or dipshits came in before you are tried to do that very thing without being cautious and conservative in their approach. They buy up a bunch of units, the renters become delinquent but because they are so dependent upon the renters, they go into foreclosure, thereby driving everyone else's home value down.

Conversely, if you slowly buy up the entire area and get quality tenants and can handle even catastrophic levels of delinquencies, you own the market. You slowly sell off individual units one at a time as they peak so the market is not glutted. Then you can take the money you made from the "flip" and carefully scout the market for undervalued properties and repeat.

If you are obsessive about making intelligent buying decisions and thoroughly research all your options in advance, you can make out well

Last edited by H.B.; April 26th, 2015 at 07:58 PM.

Old April 26th, 2015 #33
H.B.

Default Disclaimer: NOT investment advice, just personal preferences

So the real estate thing is just a hobby that you do for fun. You still have a full-time job with no plans to quit any time soon. You have a 401K where you are either making max contributions - or adjusting the level of your contribution based on where the market is overall. Your choice of funds are in-line with your anticipated retirement date.

But where did you get the money to max out your 401K contribution? Not the real estate money - that goes back into the fun hobby which some call a business (paying off debt, renovations, down payments on new properties, etc). Well, you drive around in a car that is low cost to maintain and has no payment. So that $400-$500 you might have been pissing away every month goes straight to retirement. So that $400-500 a month that you put away no could easily be 10 times that when you retire. To make your max contributions, it is going to take a lot more than finding an extra $400-500 in your budget: get cheaper cell phone plan, get cheaper electricity, get the best deal on insurance (auto and home), properly insulate, etc. If you cut enough corners, you will eventually get there.

So what happens if you get a really big bonus at work - or make a big chunk by selling a property? What do you do with that chunk of money just burning a whole in your pocket?

Pretty easy if you know the buys, holds and sells of various investments. Precious metals like silver are pretty easy to figure out. Or find the stock of a huge company that is not going anywhere but undergoing a crisis where its stock is temporarily down but everyone knows it will be back up. I knew Exxon was there in 2010 with the oil spill and would have made money on the rebound if I had some liquidity back then.

Last edited by H.B.; April 26th, 2015 at 08:30 PM.

Old April 26th, 2015 #34
H.B.

How much can you manage at one time? How good are you are finding good people (contractors, property management companies, etc.) to manage things for you? How good are you at identifying undervalued assets, buying them and then selling them at a healthy profit?

It's not "rocket science" how some become very wealthy. A lot of it is hard work, intelligent decision making and taking carefully calculated risks. The more you are capable of managing effectively, the more you can make.

There are so many ways to cut costs and increase revenue. The key is to look at all the options and maximize every one.

You can literally go through your entire work career and never hire, manage or fire a single person (albeit in a fairly skilled profession) and be a multi-millionaire in a decade or two if you play your cards right.

Last edited by H.B.; April 26th, 2015 at 08:28 PM.

Old April 27th, 2015 #35
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Quote:
One of the most obvious ways to build wealth is to buy up properties where houses are undervalued and rents are high and convert them to rental units. If you properly screen your tenants and go in a little lower than prevailing market rates with nicer units, you can count on fewer delinquencies and vacancies...
Until another depression happens, like what happened 7 years ago? There is no way to screen out future disenfranchised through artificial means affected persons yet. Don't forget there are property taxes to get paid, regardless of how healthy the economy and financial markets are.
Buying property as security is only worthwhile when buying property in secure countries like Switzerland and Liechtenstein, for example.

Old May 20th, 2015 #36
H.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
Until another depression happens, like what happened 7 years ago?
Yes, 2008 will probably happen again and it may be within the next 2-4 years.

From personal experience, recessions are vastly greater predictors of national economic health that personal financial health. You can be poor in the best of economic times and affluent in the worst.

It's easy to get sucked into talk of economic doom and gloom but you have vastly greater ability to control your own destiny than the economy.

Old May 20th, 2015 #37
H.B.

As a general rule, the tail end of a recession seems to be the best time to buy property. The worst of the recession is over, the government pulls back on its stupid incentives to prop up property values and the market takes a final dip before going into recovery.

Every market and every region varies of course, but that is the general rule. Also, if you looked at housing values in areas that are still 95% White, you would think "what recession"?

But recessions are great for a lot of reasons. For one, the quality and value of "non-necessities" seems to jump through the roof. If you are going to by extra clothes, buy them during or at the tail end of a recession. Accents and things to decorate your home with are another example. A good rule of thumb: If you don't really "need" it but it is nice to have, try to buy it during or at the tail end of a recession.

Old October 22nd, 2017 #38
H.B.

I was talking to friend the other day about what we would differently if we were 18-21 again. We both did things differently. Both ended up okay but both could have done things much better.

Here's some things that came to mind:

Chose an in-demand major: Software engineer, computer programmer, computer scientist, petroleum engineer, etc.

Leverage scholarships, financial aid and working through school to avoid student loan debt or pay off right away.

Get a job with a large stable company with good benefits and short driving commute. Work your butt off, develop in-demand skills and keep your head down (don't discuss politics, don't complain, etc.). Develop a meaningful career path.

Put aside 20% of your pre-tax ncome into 401K.

Buy a one year old Honda Accord. Keep mileage low, keep up with preventative maintenance and try to get 20-25 years out of it.

Buy home at bottom of market in an area undergoing gentrification. Put 20% down to avoid PMI. Only buy what you can afford to pay off on a 15-year term.

Get 1-2 roommates via word of mouth who are trustworthy, pay you on time and don't give you drama. In exchange, give them a deal that is 30-40% cheaper than if they would get in a private apartment. Use extra cash to do upgrades that add equity and or enhance energy efficiency and pay off mortgage sooner.

Make you are you are getting the best deal on everything: cable, Internet/TV, cell phone, utility company, prescription drugs, food, necessities, etc.

Be able to spot good investments and get into them before they explode - Amazon, Google, BitCoin, etc.

Last edited by H.B.; October 22nd, 2017 at 02:59 PM.

Old October 22nd, 2017 #39
Emily Henderson
Intellijintly Dezined

Quote:
I was talking to friend the other day about what we would differently if we were 18-21 again. We both did things differently. Both ended up okay but both could have done things much better.

Here's some things that came to mind:

Chose an in-demand major: Software engineer, computer programmer, computer scientist, petroleum engineer, etc.

Leverage scholarships, financial aid and working through school to avoid student loan debt or pay off right away.

Get a job with a large stable company with good benefits and short driving commute. Work your butt off, develop in-demand skills and keep your head down (don't discuss politics, don't complain, etc.). Develop a meaningful career path.

Put aside 20% of your pre-tax ncome into 401K.

Buy a one year old Honda Accord. Keep mileage low, keep up with preventative maintenance and try to get 20-25 years out of it.

Buy home at bottom of market in an area undergoing gentrification. Put 20% down to avoid PMI. Only buy what you can afford to pay off on a 15-year term.

Get 1-2 roommates via word of mouth who are trustworthy, pay you on time and don't give you drama. In exchange, give them a deal that is 30-40% cheaper than if they would get in a private apartment. Use extra cash to do upgrades that add equity and or enhance energy efficiency and pay off mortgage sooner.

Make you are you are getting the best deal on everything: cable, Internet/TV, cell phone, utility company, prescription drugs, food, necessities, etc.

Be able to spot good investments and get into them before they explode - Amazon, Google, BitCoin, etc.
A lot of good points there, but two I differ on.

Never--ever--buy a home in an area supposedly undergoing 'gentrification'. That's assuming a risk one need not assume. There are lots of realtors who scam Whites in believing some area is on an 'upswing' and get Whites to 'fix' an area, invest in small business there and housing...only to have to flee in 10 years when the snarling nigger criminals want it back the way it was. This could also be Mexicans, it depends on what you're talking about.

Buy nothing in an area with 10% or more niggers, at least not if you are planning to live in it. And if in an area where the 'handwriting is on the wall', get out before the value of your property is beneath what it takes to sell it and move someplace else.

With 401k, I'd also be careful. They fluctuate a lot, but putting $ away is a must, as one can never know what our overlords will do with SS. Self sufficiency=always good, but it might be better to put money away in something more stable, at least for your largest 'chunk'.

The paying off of loans quickly, career suggestions, roommates to help pay off mortgages, and investments (Amazon stock and Bitcoin) were all great suggestions.

Old October 23rd, 2017 #40
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking if I could 'do it again'

I'd say find something you have passion for and get schooling in it before you work at it, have as many kids as you can afford and treat them and their mother well, treat your extended family right, own the place where you and your family sleep at night, be true to your folk and when you can offer them opportunities over the others and they will do likewise. Plant a garden or have a greenhouse on your home property and enjoy fresh produce and flowers.

Knowing what I know now I would invest in real estate in northeastern US urban/suburban areas. I did quite well with hardly any cash out of pocket in and near Baltimore during the crash years 2008-2010 most of the properties that I renovated in the city and county are today worth up to 10-15 times what I paid for them back then. But I didn't make effort to learn how to do that until I was already becoming grey.

Save every spare nickel you can from your business operations and resist the temptation to spend on frivolous things.

Basically, every god damn thing I didn't do back then.

Thread