VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 22nd, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Good Products Thread

Ideally this is for products you have direct experience with.

I break that rule here - this is a quick scanner recommended by the minimalists. I haven't used it and can't vouch for it, but I'm still going to use it to start this thread.

http://astore.amazon.com/theminimali...ail/B002B3YDDE

The point of this scanner is to have a way to scan in old photos and documents - so that you can throw them out as part of your decluttering. I like that idea.

Going forward, post any products you use and can vouch for as part of a solid White Life. Not looking so much for collector stuff or super high-end stuff, just stuff that works...how you use it...where you get it for best price. Products you use not for their intrinsic neatness, like a cool car, but products that Solve Actual Life Problem. Products that make your living easier or better.

Old January 27th, 2014 #2
Lucian A.
Banned

Authentic US surplus extreme cold weather mittens, on ebay. There's almost always a pair for under $20 grand total. I practically stole mine for $13.

They are not supposed to be worn alone, but combined with wool liner gloves, which are cheap, too. I've worn mine in -42C winds in pure comfort.

Quote:
For extreme cold weather, a mitten set was produced according to MIL-M-834 (or MIL-M-834A 25 July 1950 through MIL-M-834L 23 Oct 1989), at first named Mittens, Arctic, M1949. The mitten set features OD cotton gauntlets, deerskin leather palms, and brown cotton/alpaca pile backs. Each mitten has a snap-in removable liner made from quilted white wool/cotton originally, then of nylon. Adjustable straps on the gauntlet provided a snug, draft-free fit. A Drawstring Harness is provided that can be used to keep the mittens from being lost when slipped off temporarily.

Last edited by Lucian A.; January 27th, 2014 at 09:50 PM.

Old January 27th, 2014 #3
keifer

Mora Knives. Swedish made. 10-15 bucks.
I would argue that high carbon steel is the better choice.
Don't use petroleum type products like gun cleaners and oils for preservation. Instead use vegetable oil or olive oil, especially for game and food procurement.

Old January 27th, 2014 #4
keifer

Powerade energy hydration drink. Get a jug in powder form for about the same price as a six pack of bottles. The price difference is pennies per serving and you get way more servings for the cost.

Old January 27th, 2014 #5
Squarehead Chris

If you've got reasonably deep pockets, this is some outstanding beef available here in Nor Cal.

Pratherranch.com

Old January 3rd, 2017 #6
Mr. Deakin

Dmitry Sinkevich is a master knife maker who crafts superior quality knives in a variety of models.

sinkevichdesign.ru/en/

Thread