Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 22nd, 2015 #21
Alex Linder
Administrator

Gave away a bag of clothes to Salvation Army. I never give them goods that are ugly, ridiculous or worn out, only stuff a person could wear or use without shame. I wear few clothes as I can, but I find a lot of clothes here and there, and clean them and sell or donate to SA or another thrift store.

Old April 23rd, 2015 #22
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyss View Post
...Then the people had the nerve to ask for our second V8 motor in return for buying a second hand bed for $150. We decline that offer. How rude!
Your parents should have regarded first engine (we don't call them "motors" in English. Nice to know, you learned a German word, though) as a promotional offer and have sold the second one, without reflecting on the first one as a gift.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
...This week I gave away a very interesting small lampshade. Why interesting? Because I'm not sure what it was made of...
If you would have auctioned it off on e-bay, you probably would have earned good money, because it was your (and not anyone else's) personal posession. Potential buyers would have chanced it's authenticy, hoping it might be genuine.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; April 23rd, 2015 at 04:18 AM.

Old April 23rd, 2015 #23
albert999
Banned

Quote:
I gave away half a table and a microwave!

Tried to sell it, failed. Tried to sell it for less. Failed. Tried to sell it for less with a microwave and beach parasol and two hospital crutches. Failed. Tried to give it away, slapped a "Free Kitten" sign on it. Finally, someone took the table support and microwave, left the glass. Threw the glass away so it wouldn't get mowed by accident.

Life. Why you gotta be so hard?
Nobody beats me on frugality, I pick up the microwaves that don't work , tear them apart, they have two good sized round magnets that can be used in projects.

Old April 23rd, 2015 #24
albert999
Banned

Always go to you-tube and check first before tearing something apart, lucky for me I had gloves on and not dead, because Yeah, thats right, taking apart microwave can be very dangerous if you do it improperly...

There is an high voltage capacitor in there that can be still charge and can give out an lethal shock.

Old April 24th, 2015 #25
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

If you're not going to throw it into somebody's bathwater, simply short circuit it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by albert999 View Post
...they have two good sized round magnets that can be used in projects.
Where? I didn't notice any magnets in the ones I took apart. Do you mean the wave beamer?

Old April 24th, 2015 #26
albert999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
If you're not going to throw it into somebody's bathwater, simply short circuit it.Where? I didn't notice any magnets in the ones I took apart. Do you mean the wave beamer?
They are there, and they are strong magnets , worth the effort.
Right here it shows you how.

Old April 24th, 2015 #27
albert999
Banned

This is my next project I plan to give away to my husband.

I need a little more gold, but I'm almost there.

The gold off the computer circuit boards.

Old April 24th, 2015 #28
keifer

As I understand it, catalytic converters have gold in them as well. Apparently it is a crime fashion to thieve these from parked cars.
"Mo-meth."

Old April 24th, 2015 #29
albert999
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by keifer View Post
As I understand it, catalytic converters have gold in them as well. Apparently it is a crime fashion to thieve these from parked cars.
"Mo-meth."
Well we are talking about constructive ways to be frugal, not ways to land up in Prison.
That is not saving money when you can't find a job because you have a felony on your record, also you will never be able to buy a gun in the state of California, or own one .

Old April 25th, 2015 #30
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Quote:
As I understand it, catalytic converters have gold in them as well...
They contain precious platinum.
Quote:
They are there, and they are strong magnets...
Those are called magnetrons. Someone here built a weapon from microwave oven components to slowly cook an annoying neighbor through an apartment wall. The neighbior complained of constant nausea, until someone eventually discovered why.

https://www.google.nl/search?q=magne...on%3B540%3B300

Old May 16th, 2015 #31
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
Your parents should have regarded first engine (we don't call them "motors" in English. Nice to know, you learned a German word, though) as a promotional offer and have sold the second one, without reflecting on the first one as a gift.If you would have auctioned it off on e-bay, you probably would have earned good money, because it was your (and not anyone else's) personal posession. Potential buyers would have chanced it's authenticy, hoping it might be genuine.
Just now getting into ebay. I know I probably missed the curve, but still. It seems a way to clear up some stuff. Just looking through ebay, lot of overpriced shit. Seems like everyone thinks their junk is worth more than it actually is. Crappy 'collectibles' and stuff, it gets tiresome. Ebay is another option beyond local card shops/comic books shops and pawn shops, which don't really give you that great of value.

There really is an art to squeezing money. Easy to waste time on small stuff that doesn't really pay.

Old May 16th, 2015 #32
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Nobody beats me on frugality, I pick up the microwaves that don't work , tear them apart, they have two good sized round magnets that can be used in projects.
Yeah, that was right before I started scrapping metal. Not on big scale, just with my old stuff. I got two huge magnets out of some speakers. but what to do with them, I have no idea. I made one refrigerator magnet out of a small magnet I had. I'm the opposite of a craftsy type. My instinct is to take small useless shit and smash it, not turn it into something.

If you have a use for magnets, let me know.

I stripped all my small wires for copper. That's not particularly worth the effort with very small things, but there's also the exercise value. Then you have transformers, heat sinks and such. Even scrap iron such as in computer cage is worth a little something, .10 a pound or .30. Aluminum cans are worth .50 at moment. Were .70 a few years ago. Almost every kind of metal is worth a little something. Brass and copper are worth a good deal, a buck or two bucks per pound. It's new to me and interesting, but I have finally triaged all my old electronics gear, freeing up space and making a few bucks. The main thing I have is books, and selling half of them will really bring the space bang-per-buck.

Last edited by Alex Linder; May 16th, 2015 at 06:22 PM.

Old May 16th, 2015 #33
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
This is my next project I plan to give away to my husband.

I need a little more gold, but I'm almost there.

The gold off the computer circuit boards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c9Z5UYsUV4
I think they are using a lot less gold in computers nowadays. I went thru three old computers, stretching back to the MacIIcx I used in my print publishing days, back in the fucking 1990s. As you come forward, the gold on the teeth gets smaller or disappears. I'll watch your video, I have watched one other. It cost a fair amount to get the chemicals to get the gold separated. I'm not really crazy about attempting that myself, given the lack of room I have and experience w serious chemicals. I've seen other scrappers say they can sell motherboards and I guess memory cards online, so I may try that as I have a few.

Old May 16th, 2015 #34
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
"Mo-meth."
I thought they were valuable for other reasons, had platinum in them or something. I may be wrong.

Old May 16th, 2015 #35
Crowe

Quote:
I thought they were valuable for other reasons, had platinum in them or something. I may be wrong.
I used to have an old honda civic, early 80s model that I paid $400 for. Wasn't getting enough airflow so I pulled the catalytic converter off and welded in some pipe in its place, and found out the damn thing was worth $200 at the scrapyard. They said it had platinum, palladium, and a few other rare earth minerals in it.

Just like how copper thievery has increased in recent years, there have been people around my area going around and stealing catalytic converters and taking them to scrap yards. I think it was last year they caught a couple toothless White trash meth head trailer parkers that went into a used car lot and removed about 10 catalytic converters off of cars. And they were retarded enough to try and scrap them all at the same yard at the same time, which was how they got caught.

Occasionally people might give old junkers that no longer run away for free to people who just haul them off. Someone gave me an old subaru wagon, early 80s model that had the engine locked up in it, and it had the catalytic converter in it. I removed the fuel tank, then took it down and had it all scrapped. Made about $300 for a few hours of work.

Old May 16th, 2015 #36
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
I used to have an old honda civic, early 80s model that I paid $400 for. Wasn't getting enough airflow so I pulled the catalytic converter off and welded in some pipe in its place, and found out the damn thing was worth $200 at the scrapyard. They said it had platinum, palladium, and a few other rare earth minerals in it.

Just like how copper thievery has increased in recent years, there have been people around my area going around and stealing catalytic converters and taking them to scrap yards.
Yep. I seem to recall there was a plague of thefts of ccs in California when they had the law. Might be a little off, but something like that.

Quote:
I think it was last year they caught a couple toothless White trash meth head trailer parkers that went into a used car lot and removed about 10 catalytic converters off of cars. And they were retarded enough to try and scrap them all at the same yard at the same time, which was how they got caught.

Occasionally people might give old junkers that no longer run away for free to people who just haul them off. Someone gave me an old subaru wagon, early 80s model that had the engine locked up in it, and it had the catalytic converter in it. I removed the fuel tank, then took it down and had it all scrapped. Made about $300 for a few hours of work.
Yeah, any car, even the lightest, can probably bring $200 for metal alone, not even talking about parting it out, if you know how.

Old September 5th, 2019 #37
Jane White

I gave away...

- a 1930's collection of Zane Gray novels

- a Kenmore sewing machine

- a collection of Heavy Metal magazines

- a vintage bassinet

- 2 Technics speakers

I listed it under free stuff on Craig's list. All items went to whites except the Heavy Metal collection, that went to an Asian guy with a white girlfriend.

-

Old September 12th, 2019 #38
Ray Allan

If you're uncertain any goods you give away is not going to White people, pitch it in the garbage rather than muds getting it.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old March 17th, 2021 #39
Ray Allan

Default Don't donate to Salvation Army

I guess I didn't follow my own advice about just throwing things away. The other day I took some things to my local Salvation Army, and this big dykey-looking broad store manager was an absolute asshole to me about the mask thing. I stepped literally six inches inside their warehouse to drop my things off and this bitch was right in my face about putting a mask on (there is no requirement to wear one outside a building in NV). I just blew up at her because I'm so fucking sick of this bullshit after a whole year of it and told her that. She said, "Don't come back again!" I replied I sure as hell won't and drove off. Yeah, that's the thanks I get for trying to donate something. And I've been coming to that store for years buying things, too. Well, I'm done with that. More fuckwads getting off over their little bit of authority, and this christard dyke probably believes all the coronavirus propaganda, too.

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old March 17th, 2021 #40
Paul Anthony
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Allan View Post
I guess I didn't follow my own advice about just throwing things away. The other day I took some things to my local Salvation Army, and this big dykey-looking broad store manager was an absolute asshole to me about the mask thing. I stepped literally six inches inside their warehouse to drop my things off and this bitch was right in my face about putting a mask on (there is no requirement to wear one outside a building in NV). I just blew up at her because I'm so fucking sick of this bullshit after a whole year of it and told her that. She said, "Don't come back again!" I replied I sure as hell won't and drove off. Yeah, that's the thanks I get for trying to donate something. And I've been coming to that store for years buying things, too. Well, I'm done with that. More fuckwads getting off over their little bit of authority, and this christard dyke probably believes all the coronavirus propaganda, too.
It's funny you said that about the dyke, because I took some shit on VNN about 3 months back for saying 'sissy-boys' that work in supermarkets don't bother me because I don't see them as a threat. Now that you said that about the dyke I need to say that hardcore lesbians (that look like men) working in government or corporate jobs are a serious threat because they hate men and have the power to turn one's life upside down!! It's happened to me a few times!!

Thread