VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 12th, 2014 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default #1 Fathers Thread

Science says that a father is a successful sperm delivery vehicle.

Art says, here's what happens when the partnership fails.

Old May 12th, 2014 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

Again, notice that Everclear's best song comes out of the leader's intensest pain.

You think this world is designed?

Then what must you think about the designer?

Good or bad are opinion; pain is not.

Old May 13th, 2014 #4
313Chris

In my humblest opinion, Everclear's best song was Learning How to Smile, just for the record.

So Alexakis rightly blames his father for walking out on his mother, resulting in him being raised in a nigger housing project in Culver City. I won't judge him for that, but I grew up in a nigger ghetto too, as a result of my father's line of work. I don't hold him or my childhood responsible for anything I did or didn't do in life. Do I have painful memories? Sure, everyone does. But at some point, you have to leave it where you found it and be a man and set after what you want, and heaven help anything that gets in your way.

I can appreciate a sad story, but I dunno, for me personally there's just something less than white about a man giving the past this power to dictate one's present.

Old May 13th, 2014 #5
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate
Default Talk about big balls; Roger Federer proud dad to a 2nd set of twins

https://www.google.nl/search?q=roger...is%3B778%3B518

http://www.blick.ch/news/schweiz/ten...id2844521.html

Quote:
>>>>Twitter schreibt er: «Mirka und ich sind so unglaublich glücklich, mitteilen zu können, dass Leo und Lenny heute Abend geboren wurden. Wieder Zwillinge ... ein Wunder.»<<<<

Old May 13th, 2014 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 313Chris View Post
In my humblest opinion, Everclear's best song was Learning How to Smile, just for the record.

So Alexakis rightly blames his father for walking out on his mother, resulting in him being raised in a nigger housing project in Culver City. I won't judge him for that, but I grew up in a nigger ghetto too, as a result of my father's line of work. I don't hold him or my childhood responsible for anything I did or didn't do in life. Do I have painful memories? Sure, everyone does. But at some point, you have to leave it where you found it and be a man and set after what you want, and heaven help anything that gets in your way.

I can appreciate a sad story, but I dunno, for me personally there's just something less than white about a man giving the past this power to dictate one's present.
I don't see him blaming his father for anything, he's basically pointing out how he felt about it. Obviously he went on to great success.

Tags

Thread