Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 6th, 2014 #1
H.B.

Lightbulb Financially speaking, how would you live your early adulthood again?

One of the most important questions you face, what will you living situation be?

If I had the chance to do it differently in my early adulthood, I would. No major regrets - I would just have been a lot smarter.

They generally don't teach this in the ZOG indoctrination centers or diploma mills and I did not always get more specific advice outside of the desirability of owning over renting.

Here's a ranking system which is roughly most least desirable to most desirable which allows the best hedge against risk and allows for the greatest potential for accumulation of wealth. It's by no means perfect. For example, I rank owning a home higher than living with relatives. However, if you live an area affected by a real estate bubble about to burst, it would make far more sense to live with relatives - or even rent - than it would be to own:
  • Rent expensively alone
  • Rent cheaply alone
  • Rent expensively with roommate
  • Rent cheaply with roommate
  • Live with relatives
  • Own
  • Own and rent out
  • Own free and clear
  • Own free and clear and rent out

I never had relatives nearby who offered to rent where it would have been convenient for all parties. Ideally, if that were the case, I would have jumped from: (1) living with relatives, (2) own and rent out, to (3) own free and clear and rent out.

What is your experience?

Last edited by H.B.; December 6th, 2014 at 01:26 PM.

Old December 6th, 2014 #2
H.B.

When you are young, you can be unrealistically optimistic. You can think, we'll, I will get my dream job and not have to worry about finances again. That is totally unrealistic because that dream job almost never happens.

Even if you work up to a level where you are doing better than you thought you would do, you still need to treat it as a temporary situation where the rug can be pulled out from you at any time. Also, once you get to the next level, you need to constantly look to improve your situation otherwise you are incurring opportunity costs of not taking action.

If I stay in this dead-end job for another 10-years, I can accumulate a decent pension and retire. Yet if I sharpen my skills and experience in XYZ area, I can earn three times as much and finish with a significantly larger retirement.

That's why properly planning your living arrangement early is so important: It makes the high points of your life seem much better and significantly reduces the stress and uncertainty of the low points.

Old December 6th, 2014 #3
cillian

'Home ownership' means owning a debt (mortgage) and leasing the land under the house from the government (property taxes). It's a scam.

Old December 6th, 2014 #4
H.B.

The ranking system seems pretty self-evident. Why anyone rents expensive (relative to their income) alone is beyond me. You are just pissing money away. No question that is the worst option. I've known people whose income is in the 60's renting alone for $1400 a month plus utilities, cable, etc. Throw in a car payment, saving for retirement, groceries and the miscellaneous expenses, and you have very little at the end of the month.

Renting cheaply alone is almost as bad - you are probably paying more than your peers who are renting expensively with a roommate - except your neighbors are niggers, Mexicans or dots. They enjoy their tranquility. You get force fed rap "music" noise, and the smell or burning cannibals or curry which gets into your carpets, furniture and clothes - not to mention the risk of being a crime victim.

Renting cheaply with a roommate in a not-too-bad area is better than renting expensively with a roommate.

Living with relatives is not a bad thing if all are on board and the comfort level is there. The best option would be paying all your expenses, doing work around the house and contributing to utilities, Internet, phone, etc. Ideally, this would be much cheaper than renting anywhere and your relatives would make out better than you not being there.

Owning is okay but owning with renter(s) is so much better. Even if you are married and/or have children, do you have a spare bedroom and bath? Why not put it to use? Don't advertise - just go with people you know who have a need and who have a very good reputation.

You can't use going market rates for rent in your area as a strict guide because your roommate would be sharing common space. You price too high you get vacancy and significant gaps between roommates. True if you price too low, you could be leaving money on the table. However, it's okay to leave money on the table if you can cherry pick your ideal roommate who in turn can pay you on-time, not give headaches and be there for a while.

It's better to own free and clear than pay a mortgage and have a roommate. A free and clear mortgage will not move out or fall into an emergency where you may not get paid on time.

With the roommate, you can pay off the mortgage faster. You can also pay for upgrades that increase energy efficiency and add equity. This can help you get to the best possible situation: home (free and clear) with roommate (s). Then, you are basically living for free if they are paying enough to cover taxes, utilities, HOA or condo fees, utilities - or pretty damn close to it. Unlike living with relatives, you also have equity and a little more dignity.

If you can achieve that relatively early in your adult life, you would be set for life: the high points of your career would be that much sweeter and the low points far less painful. With that extra cash flow, which essentially is free money, you can invest for the long term. You can also take a small portion and send it off to the activist group(s) of your choice to fight for your race and civilization.

Last edited by H.B.; December 6th, 2014 at 11:59 AM.

Old December 6th, 2014 #5
H.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cillian View Post
'Home ownership' means owning a debt (mortgage) and leasing the land under the house from the government (property taxes). It's a scam.
Would you recommend an alternative?

Old December 6th, 2014 #6
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

If I was single, I'd invest in a bus and convert it over into a home. That way, I could flee any neighborhood blighting, as well as any house bubble, since the converted bus will not devalue along with stationary homes. A houseboat would be nice, except it would be impractical, if employment is situated far from water.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; December 6th, 2014 at 06:15 PM.

Old December 7th, 2014 #7
robert burns

I own my own home in a rural white area. I do not want any roommates because more people=more problems. Plus I already have a wife and kids. Sure I have property taxes amounting to about $500 a year. Can you rent a place the rest of your life for $500 a year?

Even a RV or boat you have to pay to park it somewhere, there is no free lunch in this world. I'm not bashing anyone that doesn't mind roommates but it is not for me but some people like living with a lot of people.

In case people are wondering where I live that has low property tax it is in SE Tennessee. Some people from the NE states are amazed when they move here, I hear some have paid thousands a year.

Old December 7th, 2014 #8
cillian

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert burns View Post
I own my own home in a rural white area. I do not want any roommates because more people=more problems. Plus I already have a wife and kids. Sure I have property taxes amounting to about $500 a year. Can you rent a place the rest of your life for $500 a year?

Even a RV or boat you have to pay to park it somewhere, there is no free lunch in this world. I'm not bashing anyone that doesn't mind roommates but it is not for me but some people like living with a lot of people.

In case people are wondering where I live that has low property tax it is in SE Tennessee. Some people from the NE states are amazed when they move here, I hear some have paid thousands a year.
In the surrounding NYC area it's 10k-15k a year.

Old December 7th, 2014 #9
Gifu
Banned

Skip college, go directly to some trade (hvac, carpenter, whatever) and begin working at 17-18 as soon as I could. Work in an apprenticeship and then job until I was 25-27ish or so, then start my own business. I'd be very rich by now. Ah, to have this wisdom years ago.

Old December 7th, 2014 #10
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

20% of men never have to worry about retirement. By age 65 they're dead.

When you're young spend money having a good time, finding a good woman and having White kids. You can't take it with you.

Old December 7th, 2014 #11
Sam Emerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Toothgold View Post
If I was single, I'd invest in a bus and convert it over into a home. That way, I could flee any neighborhood blighting, as well as any house bubble, since the converted bus will not devalue along with stationary homes. A houseboat would be nice, except it would be impractical, if employment is situated far from water.
Why not go all the way and dig yourself a nice hole in the ground? Steal a tarp for the roof and you're in business. Cost? $0. Win!

Old December 7th, 2014 #12
H.B.

Quote:
If I was single, I'd invest in a bus and convert it over into a home.
That's one thing I did not consider. Often marxist racist jews (and the brain-dead libtards under their spell) spew mobile home ownership (real or imagined) as a form of invective against their critics.

In all my years, I don't think I have actually been inside a mobile home more than 10 minutes yet I have lost count of how many times I have been told I live in one.

It's not something I have given any thought to - how would you raise a family in a mobile home?

If I were to rank it, it would be above renting and below living with relatives. For example, you own the trailer but rent the lot. If you own it free and clear, what is the lot fee? $400? Taxes another $100?

With living with relatives, you don't forecast a gain in equity (someone could possibly leave you in a will but you would not expect nor plan for that). With a mobile home, you hold onto declining equity which seems like a lot of work for a little amount if you ever wanted to cash out.

Unlike renting, you have equity in the trailer (or vehicle). Unlike home ownership, you forecast that it will decline in value over the years, whereas homes, on average, you would expect to gain value.

Last edited by H.B.; December 7th, 2014 at 08:18 PM.

Old December 7th, 2014 #13
H.B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert burns View Post
I'm not bashing anyone that doesn't mind roommates but it is not for me but some people like living with a lot of people.
It depends on the situation. If I never see the other person because we are separated at opposite ends, the person pays me on time and there's a only a slight (20-30%) bump in the utility bill, it is like free money.

All circumstances are different, but if you buy your home right at the bottom of the 10-year Zillow value, then compare the average 10-year inflation adjusted Zillow value, your total monthly obligations may have only went down $100-200. if you switch to a cheaper utility company, maybe you will save another $40-50. Search for best deal on Internet for your needs, downgrade your phone to basic, another $50-60 saved.

Depending upon where you live and market conditions, you might be able to get $300-$1,000 a month from word of mouth reputable people, which makes a huge difference.

Last edited by H.B.; December 7th, 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Old December 7th, 2014 #14
Theodore

Older mobile home on a small parcel of land, free and clear.
Forget lot fee, renting or sharing space, unless temporary.
Why insure old moble home or pay high prop. tax to ZOG.
Most affordable way to live by my estimate.

Old December 7th, 2014 #15
H.B.

That's all I needed to say about living situations.

What about college?

My position now:
  • If you can get into an Ivy League or otherwise top tier school where there is strong, demonstrable ROI, do it
  • If someone else is paying for it via athletic or academic scholarship (but not parents - don't punish them), do it
  • If it is a specific requirement to get into your field - doctor, lawyer, college professor, school teacher, etc., do it

Other than that, stay away.

Common "wisdom" now is find your passion and "do it" but this only works less than 5% of the time. I would say find out what pays the most that you think you can do and eventually train to love doing and then do that.

Instead of going to college, take an entry level job in a good company adjacent to where you want to eventually be. Work your butt off. Be a model employee. Build a reputation as someone reliable, upbeat, joyful, energetic and helpful - and develop work acquaintances in that department and eventually express interest in learning that role.

That would be so much more valuable than taking yourself out of the workforce, wasting away being indoctrinated with social marxism and drunkenness, drugs, hedonism and bad or defeatist attitudes everywhere.

But if you do happen to fall for the scam of the ZOG diploma mills, pay off those loans ASAP. The jew wants you to keep deferring them so the principle explodes and you can never afford to have kids - or have fewer later in life.

Last edited by H.B.; December 7th, 2014 at 09:21 PM.

Old December 8th, 2014 #16
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Emerson View Post
Why not go all the way and dig yourself a nice hole in the ground? Steal a tarp for the roof and you're in business. Cost? $0. Win!
Because, if I happen to become one of those 65ers who don't make it, I won't be able to take the tarp and the hole with me. Besides, what do I do if "There goes the neighborhood" happens and non-Whites start digging holes next to me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.B. View Post
...how would you raise a family in a mobile home?...
Hypothetically speaking, we were discussing what we would do different when young. Starting a family wouldn't be the first thing I'd aim to do. If it happened by accident, then it would be time to look for a stationary home or house boat.
Quote:
...With living with relatives, you don't forecast a gain in equity (someone could possibly leave you in a will but you would not expect nor plan for that)...
Living with relatives has certain ups and downs. The food is good. But, that has its price. Aunts and uncles aren't short of advice and part of growing up has to do with standing on your own two feet. Caring for a dying relative could land you in a will. But, that's only worth trying, if that relative hasn't any offspring or, at least, offspring who don't get along with their parent. Caring for a relative has to financially count, since you're interrupting your income source for that.
Quote:
...[*]If you can get into an Ivy League or otherwise top tier school where there is strong, demonstrable ROI, do it[*]If someone else is paying for it via athletic or academic scholarship (but not parents - don't punish them), do it[*]If it is a specific requirement to get into your field - doctor, lawyer, college professor, school teacher, etc., do it[/LIST]
Other than that, stay away...
Those success stories on Discovery Channel where some clown family appears as a shop called Orange County Choppers could work in the Kwa. Here in Europe, education is never a bad thing, since the above mentioned enterprises would have more of their share of hurdles, over here, including overcoming quite a tax burden, if they aren't employing more than 100 people. I've got two kids of which I'd like to see get some degree while learning a vocation, on the side, so that they wouldn't have to depend on some unscrupulous repairman. An educated survivalist still has a better chance than the other type and an degree cannot be taken away from you.

Last edited by Samuel Toothgold; December 8th, 2014 at 03:49 AM.

Old December 8th, 2014 #17
Sam Emerson

Quote:
Because, if I happen to become one of those 65ers who don't make it, I won't be able to take the tarp and the hole with me.
Living in a bus is being homeless. If you're not Ken Kesey you're going to be alone. It's far worse than living with relatives. If you're over thirty and live with family it signals "loser", if you're an adult living in a bus it signals "insane".

I'm picking up a lot of that in this thread.

Old December 8th, 2014 #18
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

I've lived in cars before. Well, I guess, if you call no more than two weeks in a car with a camp stove and the shower is in a camp ground or Autobahn Rastätte, maybe that's not really living in cars. it's sort of cool, though, as long as it's not in the middle of winter. Even then, it's cool, depending on the car. I have no problem living in a converted bus. Maybe, not a double decker, since I'd have to be carefull of low bridges. Double deckers allow one to set up shop on the bottom floor. That way, you can live and work in your bus.

Old December 12th, 2014 #19
H.B.

Default Buy a car?

Here's how I would do it again:
  • Buy something that has a reputation that "lasts forever" so you can get 10-15 years of life before it becomes unreliable and/or a money pit
  • Buy it a year or two old with low mileage
  • Keep up with the preventative maintenance plan
  • Be frugal in putting on the extra miles - understand that the real cost of driving is over a dollar every two miles, so carpool when possible, get a lot done at once, etc.
  • Buy something you can pay off in two years - why two years? 24 months of paid installment credit builds your credit and after it is paid off, use the extra cash flow to attack your mortgage principle
  • Buy something that gets respectable mileage

I have been doing that lately, but it took a while to figure out that was the best way.

New cars can be very nice to drive but they can be bad on many a couple levels: (1) they depreciate so fast, and (2) because they can be so nice to drive, you may end up driving them more just for the sheer enjoyment of it which can rack up economic costs pretty quickly.

Old December 12th, 2014 #20
Sean Gruber

RV-dreamers here are neglecting maintenance costs. These can be enormous. If you get a crack in your windshield, say goodbye to four figures. Water pump goes out, or water tank develops a hairline-but-disastrous leak? Ditto. Even with brand-new RVs, you are continually shelling out for maintenance, maintenance that is more expensive than sedan or pickup maintenance--or else you are spending a lot of valuable time on DIY repair. By contrast, most termite-free houses are set-it-and-forget-it until you need a new roof or AC/heater (usually not more than once per decade at the extreme). Believe me, RVs are toys of the rich.

Stationary trailers are a different story.

Less talk, more action

Thread