Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > The Personal Solution: Living White > How to Live White
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Display Modes Share
Old December 31st, 2008 #81
Geoff Kelch
WHITE WARRIOR

The English have it down. Tea is better for you than coffee will ever be. The caffeine content in coffee alone can raise your blood pressure and give you insomnia.

Old December 31st, 2008 #82
colleen

On the rare occasion I drink it...
I always get a mocha latte with soy milk and 2 packs of raw sugar!

Old December 31st, 2008 #83
varg

Only like iced coffee heh

Old December 31st, 2008 #84
Geoff Kelch
WHITE WARRIOR

Try cutting the sugar out of your diet for just 1 week. See how much better you feel. Refined sugar is killing this country because it is in everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofitall View Post
On the rare occasion I drink it...
I always get a mocha latte with soy milk and 2 packs of raw sugar!

Old December 31st, 2008 #85
colleen

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff.kelch View Post
Try cutting the sugar out of your diet for just 1 week. See how much better you feel. Refined sugar is killing this country because it is in everything.
I am 99% sure "sugar in the raw" is not refined. (the little brown packets)

But I do agree with you that refined sugar is in WAY to much food/drink items.

Old January 26th, 2009 #86
Curtis Stone

Here's how I make coffee now. In a small pan on the stove, bring two cups of water to just starting to boil. Add one and a half scoops of bargain size Folgers. Turn heat to low and let it brew until the coffee is dark enough. Pour into paper strainer in a metal strainer into a pyrex coffee pot on a low burner.

I was having trouble with coffee tasting "sick", but since I started brewing it this way, any brand tastes fine. I had loads of "sick" ground coffee in the freezer, but since Christmas, I have used it all. So glad to get my money's worth.

Old January 27th, 2009 #87
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

Quote:
...The caffeine content in coffee alone can raise your blood pressure and give you insomnia.
Either green- or black tea contains theanine which is a stimulant similar to caffeine. It's best to drink either mornings, avoiding afternoon consumption. Vigorous activity will force the unwanted stimulant out of your body, so that you will avoid insomnia, in most cases

Old January 27th, 2009 #88
Jess_Smith

Rooibos tea is a naturally soothing drink, sweet in taste. . .naturally caffeine free, and low in tannin.

It comes from the leaves of the Rooibos plant, which grows only in the Cedar Valley deep in the heart of South Africa.

http://www.rooibos.com/

Old January 27th, 2009 #89
Maxine Grey
Banned

Percolator coffe with milk and a lot of it.

Old January 29th, 2009 #90
LUX
Genetically Wealthy

I buy green coffee beans online, a variety of cultivars from around the world.
I roast them in small batches, enough for 1 week, in a popcorn popper.
I hand grind them in a pre ww2 german grinder immediately prior to spring water coming to a boil in a stovetop kettle.
I put 10g of grounds coffee for every 180ml water, between 195-200 degrees, going in to the french press for 4 minutes.
I drink it black.
This allows the drinker to appreciate the subtleties between coffee origins and roast degrees.

Old January 29th, 2009 #91
WilliamDrake

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUX View Post
I hand grind them in a pre ww2 german grinder immediately prior to spring water coming to a boil in a stovetop kettle.
I put 10g of grounds coffee for every 180ml water, between 195-200 degrees, going in to the french press for 4 minutes.
I drink it black.
This allows the drinker to appreciate the subtleties between coffee origins and roast degrees.
Folger's brand regular, percolator, black. My perfect cup.

Old January 29th, 2009 #92
Marse Supial
Creepy-Ass Cracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUX View Post
I drink it black.
You should splurge sometimes and try something fancy.

I buy the 'Great Value' kind from wal-mart. It's surprisingly good.

Old January 29th, 2009 #93
Ed in CT
Good Guy

I drink espresso without any cream/milk/sugar or anything else added.

For coffee, I use a drip machine to brew and I also drink it black. Once in a while, I use a French press pot as coffee tastes a little different - it's richer with more oils in it.

I've been roasting my own coffee for the past 11 years. I used to work in a machine shop and just after Christmas, a co worker brought me some green Colombian coffee beans that he had brought back from Colombia. After trying several other (and not so successful) methods of roasting the beans, I tried using a hot air corn popper. The coffee was roasted to perfection.

Since that time, home roasting has become quite popular and now I own a 'real' coffee roaster and it's great.

I buy 20 pound bags of top-quality coffee/espresso for a little over 100 dollars and roast (and drink) about 2 pounds a week.

Old January 30th, 2009 #94
Kind Lampshade Maker
The paranormal silent type

That's a little under $10 a kilo. The coffee better be good, for that price. Are there that many light-colored beans in there? Here, you get less of them proportionate to the price

Old February 1st, 2009 #95
Ed in CT
Good Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kind Lampshade Maker View Post
That's a little under $10 a kilo. The coffee better be good, for that price. Are there that many light-colored beans in there? Here, you get less of them proportionate to the price
That would depend upon the blend. My favorite espresso blend is composed of what looks like 5 different kinds of beans. They vary in color from light green/light brown/dark green and one is a dark grey/brown.

The Colombian is a very uniform light green as it's not a blend.

Old February 1st, 2009 #96
BryanVP
Seņor Member

I drink tea usually, but when I drink coffee I drink it the same way as I drink tea.

I chug it.

Old February 3rd, 2009 #97
Geoff Kelch
WHITE WARRIOR

Bryan I thought you said "full of Irish whiskey" btw, who won?

Old February 5th, 2009 #98
BryanVP
Seņor Member

Quote:
Bryan I thought you said "full of Irish whiskey" btw, who won?
Who won what? If you're talking about my upcoming MMA match, it wasn't til May and my opponent pulled out due to injury. I do not know yet if I'll have another opponent or not.

The index finger on my right hand is swollen. It's not broken. I can't even make a fist right now, and probably won't be able to for a month. I was going to fight the guy anyway, since I've got his style down to a T. With a different opponent though I'd rather not fight with minimal training.

Old February 8th, 2009 #99
8Man
"moderate" radical

Drink coffee? .. expensive semi-addictive liquid. A better question might be why do you drink coffee? It has to be an acquired taste. Seems like a substantial waste of money for very little benefit. I don't drink tea either (black, iced, green)- don't need caffeine. If I'm offered herb tea (rooibos, cammomile, etc..) I'll take one just to be polite/sociable.

Old September 23rd, 2014 #100
Samuel Toothgold
Charachature incarnate

Location: Already in accordance with the future Repulsive Tapir Avatar Mandate

I took advice and tried an espresso with milk and cream. To top it off, I added a honey I bought from a roadside stand in Croatia. It's honey in which apricots were soaked in it. Since then, every other honey hasn't topped it. You could even make a similar honey, yourselves, by soaking either dried or fresh ones. An expert should be able to answer which. Try different honeys of which bees were directed to pollinate different flowers such as lavender, pine trees or whatever. The label:

Thread