VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 25th, 2010 #1
Hilda
Barbarian

Default Long Necks?

Artists are told the basics of how to paint/draw a portrait. Humans are basically supposed to have their necks of a uniform length which should only appear longer or shorter depending on the fat they are carrying or generally if the neck is broad or narrow.

Looking through my son's sticker book of the World Cup football players from around the world we noticed that a lot of the players (particularly non-Brits) had remarkably long necks.

There didn't seem to be any obvious racial reason for this. So my speculation is that it could be a result of domesticated breeding (civlisation effectively does this) causing this odd trait. Dogs get floppy ears and humans get batty ears through long-term breeding away from the rigors of natural selection. The British seem less affected than others by this long neck phenomenon.

I don't think women have longer necks as a sex-linked gene but this could have happened. I tend to think women have narrower necks with less muscle bulk (such as trapezius) that make it appear longer. And then there are these odd ones.

In men, the chin should not be above the top of the trapezius imo.

Anyway - if you have never thought about this before, don't make an instant conclusion based on this post. Look at people and see if you see this as well.

I think this picture shows a good example -
the one with the long neck is a Jew called Merchant.

And if you look at the back row of the French football team here the second from the left and the last on the right players have chins above the trapezius
http://www.football-wallpapers.com/w...7_1440x900.jpg

This design is dysgenic.

Demography is Destiny

Old July 25th, 2010 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Long necks are associated with the elite. Short necks or no-necks are associated with proles.

Think about swans. They have very long and graceful necks and are considered elegant.

Females do have proportionately longer necks than men, because it's sexually more appealing. Even African tribes see it this way, thing of the women putting rings around their necks to stretch them.

Old July 25th, 2010 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

No necks, huge buttocks and giant thighs - thickness in general - is a prole characteristic. Typical of descendants of German or English peasant farmers populating the midwest. Heavy, gross, stolid, boorish.

Old July 25th, 2010 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Think about models.

Are they short or tall? Thick or thin? Are their necks shorter or longer than average?

Anything short, squat, dark pulls symbolically back down into the earth, it calls up plow animals, mud, and dark inertia.

Anything tall, lean, light pulls up and out into the stars, the ether, the fantastic sunlit heights, suggests things intellectual, spiritual, non-material - things elevated.

There's a reason Jesus is never depicted as an ugly squat semi-simian semite, as were 99% of the bipeds in the time and area he is lied to have originated. The reason is that a short, ugly, semitic godson is not merely jarring, it's unthinkable. Jesus would be tall, stroft, blue-eyed (rarer and lighter, hence better, than brown eyes), golden-haired, or at least with streaks!

Last edited by Alex Linder; July 25th, 2010 at 05:35 AM.

Old July 25th, 2010 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

tasteless, stupid, neckess.

Old July 25th, 2010 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

seems to be a universal: all culture find long necks preferable

Old July 25th, 2010 #7
Alex Linder
Administrator

Paris Hilton - her behavior aside, she has the look associated with the elite, including a long neck

Old July 25th, 2010 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

trumpeter swan

Old July 25th, 2010 #9
Alex Linder
Administrator

Old July 25th, 2010 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

Old July 25th, 2010 #11
Hilda
Barbarian

It looks really gay on men though. Those tribal women, if they take their neck rings off, they die. Its as freaky as the ones who put plates in their lips.

Yes it is aesthetic on women to have a long graceful neck. However it may well not be a practical survival advantage. Much as the peacock's long tail is only an advantage sexually and a huge disadvantage in terms of escaping a predator or fighting.

Paris Hilton looks a bit freaky. Claudia Schiffer here has normal proportions

Demography is Destiny

Old July 25th, 2010 #12
Alex Linder
Administrator

corrupt polak rostenkowski, charter member of the no-neck brigade, comes from a long line of peasant cow-ass remoras

Old July 25th, 2010 #13
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
It looks really gay on men though.
Only if you associate elegance, beauty, refinement and intelligence with being gay or effeminate or weak. Which is the typical prole attitude.

Quote:
Those tribal women, if they take their neck rings off, they die. Its as freaky as the ones who put plates in their lips.
The point is, longer necks are seen by all peoples and cultures as being more attractive than short necks.

Old July 25th, 2010 #14
Hilda
Barbarian

Arnie's neck looks right.

So is the Duke of Edinburgh

and David Beckham is fine

None of these men looks squat and low class. It's easier to illustrate with men as it looks odd when they have long necks.

Demography is Destiny

Old July 25th, 2010 #15
Hilda
Barbarian

Look at this model though. I mean... I rest my case!

Demography is Destiny

Old July 25th, 2010 #16
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
None of these men looks squat and low class.
They don't have short necks either, just average necks.

Quote:
It's easier to illustrate with men as it looks odd when they have long necks.
You haven't shown any examples of that oddness.

Old July 25th, 2010 #17
Hilda
Barbarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
They don't have short necks either, just average necks.
Yes. The thread isn't about short necks but about how there are more men around these days with longer than normal necks.

Quote:
You haven't shown any examples of that oddness.
The model just two posts below this. And in the original post a few examples. You have a normal neck Alex.

Demography is Destiny

Old July 25th, 2010 #18
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilda View Post
Look at this model though. I mean... I rest my case!

He is weird looking. But also a model. Think about that. It's very hard to find a model of either sex that doesn't have a long neck. Longer necks are considered more sexually attractive, and signs of superior breeding, particularly in women, but to a degree in men too.

Old July 25th, 2010 #19
Alex Linder
Administrator

this is more attractive than a long neck?

Old July 25th, 2010 #20
Alex Linder
Administrator

do a search for top male models and find out what percentage have a short, average, or long neck. i bet you that the vast majority are long-necked. so instead of the dolled-up freak you posted, you could have posted this model

Thread