Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 4th, 2004 #1
Der Führer

Default Urban Warfare

Grenade launchers are ideal for this purpose as well as water puddle booby traps made by using electrical charges tapped from overhead power lines.
A natural gas building trap can be easily made using a simple automotive ignition- coil and condenser

Old January 4th, 2004 #2
Georgie

I have no idea how youd go about making a grenade launcher unless you could get one by some other means. I did have this little idea in mind about making rockets. I would probably never try this but tell me how this sounds. You know all those rockets you can buy and launch up in the air with those parachutes in the nose? Well take out the parachute and making stuff the front end with gunpowder and put a few "light anywhere matches" in the nose and then launch the sucker. The idea is the nose would hit something thus starting the matches in turn lighting the gun powder. Probably wouldnt work too well thats why I'd never try it LOL.

Old January 4th, 2004 #3
Colonel-Voltz

Thumbs up Here are some good ideas.

Yea, using model rockets filled with gunpowder wouldn’t make for rill effective combat weapons. (they could however be used as incendiary rockets) They could however be used to signal friendly forces in the event of the conventional communication systems failure. As for grenade launchers, I’m not so sure of their effectiveness in urban warfare. Grenade launchers were designed to fire grenades at distances that would be well beyond throwing range. Most urban warfare is close quarters and therefore a standard grenade would probably be preferable. Hand grenades can also be used to set simple traps whereas 20 or 40mm grenades cannot. The most effective weapons in an urban warfare environment would be 12ga tactical combat shotguns, and light SMGs. Another very effective weapon in urban warfare is fire. If hostile forces occupy a building simply set fire to it in order to flush them out. I also forgot to add you could use model rocket components to make a crude remote controlled bomb. Movement activated sensor lights could also be used to make effective traps, and are fairly easy to come by. When using homemade explosives for traps make sure you surround the explosive device with some miscellaneous materials. Broken glass, nails, scrap metal, ect in order to enhance the effectiveness of the explosive. You can further enhance the effectiveness of the trap by spreading biological waste/contaminates over/upon the miscellaneous materials. (fecal matter would be adequate.)

Old January 4th, 2004 #4
Paki Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-Voltz
Yea, using model rockets filled with gunpowder friendly forces in the event of the conventional communication systems failure. As for grenade launchers, I’m not so sure of their effectiveness in .............enhance the effectiveness of the trap by spreading biological waste/contaminates over/upon the miscellaneous materials. (fecal matter would be adequate.)
Don't u know what kind of weapon propells a grenade sort of like a rifle with a cluster load. These are used all day long in wörld conflicts. Russia uses these in Chechnya

Anyway, wrong answer.
Give this guy bad breath

Old January 4th, 2004 #5
Colonel-Voltz

You mean the 6T-30?

Old January 4th, 2004 #6
Paki Baiter

Default Wait, no bad breath after all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel-Voltz
You mean the 6T-30?
Here's the ancestor of the weapon I was referring to:
http://www.diddybop.demon.co.uk/blooper.htm

I'd be interested in seeing the 6t-30 or did you mean gasses derived by digesting bagels and corned beef?

Old January 4th, 2004 #7
Colonel-Voltz

Oh, ok, so you mean the BS-1. Since the M-79 could be considered the ancestor of both the WARSAW BS-1 and US/NATO M203. I think people over estimate the effectiveness of these weapons, no thanks to Hollywood. The fact is, these weapons will not blow up cars or blow up small houses. I know some people think, if they were to fire one of these into a room there would be a huge ball of fire and the room would be essentially obliterated. Unfortunately, they are going to be disappointed if they go in to battle expecting one of these weapons to perform as stated above. The same would hold true for RPGs. If you want to kill hostiles in a building using a 40mm you better be a good shot, because hitting the area around the window of the building in question will not be sufficient to bring about the desired results. In order to kill the hostiles in the building the grenade must pass though the window and explode inside the structure. Now is when luck comes in to play. If your targets are not wearing any kind of body armor, and the room they are in is vacant you have probably eliminated the opposition. If the opposition utilizes body armor and has properly fortified(meaning they have prepped each of the rooms to minimize the effects of fragments)(ex .placing sandbags inside the building as you would for trenches or foxholes or carefully positioning certain types of furniture) the structure you may only eliminate one or two of the opposing forces. Frankly, I as I stated before, best to try and use an incendiary type weapon first.

Old January 5th, 2004 #8
SMG3000
Wants Closer Ties to Iran

SMG3000

There are some great ideas on realist guerilla warfare in the book that inspired Dr. Pierce to write the Turner Diaires here: http://www.dowz.net/chosenone.html Its by Eric Thomson and called "The Chosen One." A book worthy enough to have 6,000 copies of it seized by the FBI and incinerated before reaching the American book market.

Old January 5th, 2004 #9
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

I always thought that Pierce had gotten the idea for TD from Jack London's Iron Heel. Anybody read that? It's pretty similar.

Also the book on Pierce by Griffin suggests he was influenced by a story written by Revilo Oliver. I have to attach some cred to that considering Pierce cooperated with prof Griffin.

Old January 5th, 2004 #10
Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

Antiochus Epiphanes

I hope this forum doesnt degenerate into an IED how to message board because that would attract a little more attention than would be advisable. Plenty of that crap available at paladinpress.

Old January 23rd, 2004 #11
heaven above

Urban warfare ? Any ex-forces will tell you. A 12 bore shotgun sawn off, or 12 gauge as you say in the USA.

Old January 24th, 2004 #12
GeNoMe X

Cobray makes an excellent launcher in 36mm,a great launcher for home-made goodies can be fabricated from a cheap single shot shotgun,a pair of locking collars that fur the barell,and a large juice can with a hole bored in the bottom and one end removed,but you must use pop cans as the houseing and bubble wrap as a sabot,the projectile can't weigh over a pound but plenty of entertainmen can be had in that pound!

Thread