I've been picking out the cutest Dresden photos for my page here:

http://jabpage.org/features/dresden.html

Jerry Abbott

Old May 27th, 2006 #62
Jenab
Senior Goatly One

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Gaede
Well Sean, I was at a Goodwill just yesterday here in Bako looking for stuff for my neice who is almost 5 years old. I couldnt find much of anything that was not stained, ripped, torn or worn out. I guess our Goodwills here are just Mexified, but since mostly just spics work in them that makes sense. What would be considered dirty or worn to me probably passes for okay for a wetback.
The old "one room schoolhouse" clothing store just north of Hillsboro WV would probably have what you're looking for. Good brands, too. I get Snowshoe Resort souvenir shirts and shoes, very well-made stuff. (Snowshoe is sort of West Virginia's version of Aspen.)

All sizes, ages, styles. All cheap as can be. Neiman Marcus would sell it for $600. Most retailers for $40. This place? A quarter; i.e., twenty-five cents. It's amazing how cheap goods can be when overhead is kept low (the place is run by volunteer church ladies) and when there are no Jews involved.

Jerry Abbott

Old May 29th, 2006 #63
YANKEE_JIM
Broadcaster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenab
The old "one room schoolhouse" clothing store just north of Hillsboro WV would probably have what you're looking for. Good brands, too.

Myself...I enjoy shopping at Sal's. (Salvation Army) I make it a point to go on Wednesdays when everything is 50% off. Every once in a while I'll stumble across some good country music LP's.

-Jim

The Hudson Valley Freeman

Quote:
Carry a pocket knife ,wear steel toe boots and always make sure that you have the advantage or these savage simians will fuck you up! -- "White Minority" from VNNForum

“To destroy is always the first step in any creation.”

-E.E.Cummings

"We're seeing people wearing Skrewdriver (a white power band) shirts and sieg heil-ing around town."

-New Paltz, NY Mayor Jason West 08/18/2004

Old May 30th, 2006 #64
Itz_molecular
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenab
It's amazing how cheap goods can be when overhead is kept low (the place is run by volunteer church ladies) and when there are no Jews involved.

Jerry Abbott

What would jews have to do with high prices ......

Old June 19th, 2006 #65
Demonica

I went in a thrift store that benefits home hospice service the other day and they were selling all their clothes for $5 per grocery bag... whatever fit in the bag you got for $5. I found tons of stuff for my kids, nice, clean, name brand clothes. The thrift stores around here always have really nice stuff for some reason.

Old June 19th, 2006 #66
Pontiac

Gotta love how Stronza from her very first post makes it personal. She is shocked that Alex suggests that after a while, you shouldn't give a kid all the attention it wants, even if it screams. She takes that part of his post and runs with it all across the field. He has a "boot-camp mentality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronza
You, Alex, are not an instructor at Army Boot Camp: you are a loving, compassionate MAN who knows better than the person who took over your identity in the above post. - La Stronza.

Alex is right in that what a child needs isn't always what it wants. If I had gotten everything I wanted, it wouldn't have helped me one bit. With infants, after a while you should not come running every single time they cry out for you, because then they will do it all the time.

Dead on Alex, about men and women and their roles as a team. I remember an essay a long time ago with more thoughts on that, maybe you could post it again.

Old June 20th, 2006 #67
Pontiac

It's tough love, Stronza, and very mildly at that. Mother hens spoil children.

Old July 1st, 2006 #68
Stronza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac
It's tough love, Stronza, and very mildly at that. Mother hens spoil children.
"Spoil" is what happens when something is ignored and left on the shelf for too long.

Old July 3rd, 2006 #69
Itz_molecular
Banned

Default simple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonica
The thrift stores around here always have really nice stuff for some reason.
Because it's white people who do the donating , handling and keep everything going .

Old December 11th, 2006 #70
Konrad Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stronza
"Spoil" is what happens when something is ignored and left on the shelf for too long.
What's this nonsense? This person can't debate, so it plays with semantics? What a moser.

Good thread, I enjoyed Alex' first post. Not many people will put it that plainly. Usually it's all about luuuuuuuuv. "Love is all you need!" - buncha crap. The universe is mathematics and biology. Love, a chemical reaction, is just one part of biology, to be put in perspective like everything else.

It is fun to tell a girlfriend this. If she is intelligent, she will know right away that you are right, but she will be surprised, because she has never heard anyone dare put love in perspective before. If she is wise, she will know she has found something new and valuable in you and bake you cookies.

Old December 15th, 2006 #71
Stronza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad Jackson
What's this nonsense? This person can't debate, so it plays with semantics? What a moser.

Good thread, I enjoyed Alex' first post. Not many people will put it that plainly. Usually it's all about luuuuuuuuv. "Love is all you need!" - buncha crap. The universe is mathematics and biology. Love, a chemical reaction, is just one part of biology, to be put in perspective like everything else.

It is fun to tell a girlfriend this. If she is intelligent, she will know right away that you are right, but she will be surprised, because she has never heard anyone dare put love in perspective before. If she is wise, she will know she has found something new and valuable in you and bake you cookies.

I not only know how to raise children humanely but can bake lots and lots of cookies, too! I also am able to recognize a man who still hasn't come to terms with the way he was birthed and raised, but, hey, I'm not naming names.

Thread