Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 13th, 2007 #61
John A.

Are you for real Holly? If a 1 year old is playing with an electric outlet, for example, you think you can "explain" to them not to do it? Explain to a 2 year old not to play in the road. Corporal punishment is often required. Better a little hurt now, to learn, than a lot of hurt later. Would you rather your child, if you had one, electricute themselves instead of slapping them on the hand and telling them no? Using chores instead teaches that work is punishment and should be avoided. You can teach your children to avoid work, I will teach mine to avoid doing wrong.

Old December 14th, 2007 #62
Holly
Self Bannned

John A., For real ? Yes.

#1 - A 1-2 year old can never be let out of sight, that is what play pens are for. You let a 1 year old out of your sight to wander around and get into danger you are an unfit parent, period. No excuse, your fault not theirs and you are the one to be slapped - And you strike a 1 year old they will have no clue at all what it is for, they will only know you are being mean to them and will be hand shy with you.
#2 - You are really not creative enough to think of other ways to make your will effective with a tiny child other than striking them ? They must not have much respect for you if you must resort to that often to get them to listen, it does not take so much for me.

I train dogs and have a passion and quite an understanding of them, they are much like children in the way they think and behave. Any dog trainer will tell you that whacking your dog to force your will on them is bad policy, and so it is with children especially infants - And if you happend to notice that this is a poll, I voted YES so I do not see what you are so disturbed about.

Old December 14th, 2007 #63
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer View Post
Aww not another bash me post. Cool

We have established that I am not Susan already.

This topic isn't even remotely related to the bs that has been spewed all over this msg board so don't try to attempt to bash me on this topic. Stop sucking up to the sheep. Enough of that. Anyways...

I think it all depends on what your child did wrong. Minor things like not finishing dinner, forgetting to do a chore, etc does not require physical punishment. Whereas things like stealing, doing drugs, cursing at the parent, etc certainly does. Things like bringing home a nigger deserves a beat down. Period.
Is this what happened to you, something in connection with sex? It would explain an awful lot!

Old December 14th, 2007 #64
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly View Post
Necessary at times yes, like a strong spice best used very little.
I had been whacked a few times as a child, I am a 2nd mother for my little sisters and I have whacked them on the butt a few times, I make sure it stings good but does not hurt long. They get the message not to get me mad at them and they do not often repeat their mistakes. I balance this with the much love and understanding a child needs and it appears to me they need both love and disipline, only in this way will their little minds develope proper and tough love is a part of this.
You are living proof that spanking delivered in a chaotic way is counterproductive. It didn`t work on you!
The disciplining of your siblings is not your responsibility. What on earth are your parents doing whilst you abuse them in this way?

Old December 14th, 2007 #65
Aryan Lord

Quote:
I have 3 little sisters 3, 6 and 8 and a little brother under a year and due to our circumstances and variety of ages I am more as a mother to them as a sister.
I said that in my post, I do not pretend to be a complete parent but yes I have much experience with children.
I stand by my opinion that infants should not be whacked, if you think that is soft that is your choice. I think it is not only cruel but also not wise to use body punishment on a tiny child who may have no idea why this is happening, not to mention a risk of injury on a delicate small body.
A childs mind is very easy to shape your will on it, and if all you can think of is just "letting them have it" I would say you are not very creative and have a bad temper and are perhaps not suited for raising childen, even though you have. Yes I have heard the saying of the rod, I think this will best apply to someone who understands what the rod is for. I am a no nosense type of person so is my mother. As a child I did not try to pull much crap because I knew it would make my parents mad and there would be a bad result for me.
Sometimes I went past a line as children will do and I was punished for it, on occasion it was to get whacked, most often extra chores, writing pages of crap or being banned to my room with nothing to do. One thing I hate to do is to pick up dog crap, they knew it so I would be the dog crap person for a week if I did something bad and I would glady have taken many whacks instead of that.
I think that was a good style now that I can look back on it, and I copy it.
I do not need to be a terror with a child to have my way, they know not to make me mad by doing things they should not, and if they do there will be bad results for them.
I am respected and they fear to make me angry. If all I did was hit them they would maybe fear me more but the respect would turn to hate, then you are talking about a problem child once they reach their teen years.
A perfect example of a set of parents who are unable to cope with a large family that they allow one of their older offspring to assault her younger siblings.
People should not have large families unless they are able to raise them themselves. You are little more than a child yourself.

Old December 14th, 2007 #66
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Richard H. I see no reason to change anything I said, good day.
Another display of the arrogance of youth, knowing better than men 3 to 4 times your age!

Old December 14th, 2007 #67
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking oh yeah ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryan Lord View Post
Another display of the arrogance of youth, knowing better than men 3 to 4 times your age!
Yea, of course ...don't you know that a 20 year old knows sooo much more than someone twice their age?

They've all been there, done it and got their tee-shirts AL ...

Old December 14th, 2007 #68
Aryan Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Garrett View Post
Yea, of course ...don't you know that a 20 year old knows sooo much more than someone twice their age?

They've all been there, done it and got their tee-shirts AL ...
I wouldn`t mind my friend if she were 20 but she has only just reached 16 and knows far better than all of us middle aged blokes put together!

Old December 14th, 2007 #69
Richard H.
Banned

Quote:
Richard H. I see no reason to change anything I said, good day.
ye may speak your mind here; that does not excuse the fact that you are what? 16 or a little older; have your own opinion, by all means; that does NOT make you right; you are a baby raising babies; I have children more than twice your age; so button up and have respect for your elders, deary oh; and see below posts from other "grown ups"

Old December 14th, 2007 #70
Holly
Self Bannned

1 - I guess I can see how an old guy would call me a baby but it does seem strange you would say "2 and 3 year olds are not infants" then call me a baby. So it there any age limit you would not slap a kid then ?
2 - I am not "raising" them. I have a "hand in it" as you say.
3 - There is nothing "below" to see grown ups or not, yours is the last as I type this
4 - If you are speaking of aryan lord, he is a vulgar piece of crap who no one respects I have him on ignore I can see by his name he is blabbering away as usual and I certainly do not care what he has to say.

I stand by my opinion that violence to babies is not good, you live your life I will live mine and of course I am right.

Old December 14th, 2007 #71
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

I think we can all agree that 'violence to babies' is a bad thing.

I have two boys...if I recall correctly, they began getting 'spanked' at around the 2-year mark. A 2, they are definitely old enough to understand what is going on.

The rule of thumb that I personally go by is 'if they are old enough to begin to manipulate the truth, they are old enough to be spanked.'

This is actually one of the few things my ex-wife and I agreed on.

Old December 14th, 2007 #72
Summer
WN Mother

Quote:
Is this what happened to you, something in connection with sex? It would explain an awful lot!

No I never brought home a nigger. Troll much? Or do you just like to comment on everything I say?

Old December 14th, 2007 #73
Summer
WN Mother

Quote:
A perfect example of a set of parents who are unable to cope with a large family that they allow one of their older offspring to assault her younger siblings.
People should not have large families unless they are able to raise them themselves. You are little more than a child yourself.
I agree with that. No way, shape or form should any child be watching your kids. You should do that yourself. That is your responsibility as a parent. Yet so many women do that nowadays. Hell even parents who have only one kid. 2 weeks after giving birth they toss their child off to some 16 year old dimwit while they run off to work. Because her job is so much more important. I guess the job of being a parent isn't important anymore.

A lot of women here in Ireland do that. And I have been told horror stories from the women who go back to work so soon that leave their children with babysitters. One girl, around 25 in age I believe, told me that she left her daughter with 3 different babysitters for 8 - 12 hours a day. Not one of them changed her babys diapers or fed her properly. They wouldn't play with her but just tossed her aside. She developed a horrible case of diaper rash and was sick.

Why anyone would leave their kids with a babysitter is beyond me, especially newborns. That is why women were stay at home moms. Idiots.

Old December 14th, 2007 #74
Summer
WN Mother

Quote:
4 - If you are speaking of aryan lord, he is a vulgar piece of crap who no one respects
Haha isn't that true and he states such feminist balogne too.

Oh not to mention how he makes sure to neg rep me daily because I am not his feminist buddy. lol

Old December 14th, 2007 #75
Aryan Lord

Quote:
1 - I guess I can see how an old guy would call me a baby but it does seem strange you would say "2 and 3 year olds are not infants" then call me a baby. So it there any age limit you would not slap a kid then ?
2 - I am not "raising" them. I have a "hand in it" as you say.
3 - There is nothing "below" to see grown ups or not, yours is the last as I type this
4 - If you are speaking of aryan lord, he is a vulgar piece of crap who no one respects I have him on ignore I can see by his name he is blabbering away as usual and I certainly do not care what he has to say.

I stand by my opinion that violence to babies is not good, you live your life I will live mine and of course I am right.
Lying runt! You read every post I make as you have on this occasion. The truth of the matter is that you respect no one. This makes you little better than a nigger in my eyes. In fact come to think of it Crypto is more of an Aryan than you are.

Old December 14th, 2007 #76
Holly
Self Bannned

Quote:

Oh not to mention how he makes sure to neg rep me daily because I am not his feminist buddy. lol
I could not say much better for you from what I have read in your posts. Everyone has their moments, yours seem to be non stop with an attitude which stays out in front and it seems to me the few good points you may make get drown out by your negative attitude, personal attacks and desire for argument.
Flame away if you wish, just what I have noticed.

Old December 14th, 2007 #77
Jess_Smith

Quote:
I could not say much better for you from what I have read in your posts. Everyone has their moments, yours seem to be non stop with an attitude which stays out in front and it seems to me the few good points you may make get drown out by your negative attitude, personal attacks and desire for argument.
At least Summer has good points.

You, on the other hand, have none. Especially your spelling and grammar.

Old December 14th, 2007 #78
Jess_Smith

Quote:
Lying runt! You read every post I make as you have on this occasion. The truth of the matter is that you respect no one. This makes you little better than a nigger in my eyes. In fact come to think of it Crypto is more of an Aryan than you are.
For Holly.

(Who pretends to have everyone on ignore)

Old December 14th, 2007 #79
Jess_Smith

Quote:

Aryan Lord does have his moments but, he is ok in my book.

Nobody can give negative rep each day.

BTW - Summer ..... do you ever give out positive rep?

Old December 14th, 2007 #80
gbhil
Paulocaust Survivor

Quote:
Even a 16 year old child can see this. That alone says volumes.

Too bad it will not hit home, as there is an infant involved who will likely have a miserable life because of it.

Thread