Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 14th, 2018 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default So much shit...

...supposed to make stuff better actually makes it worse, sometimes unendurably so...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...n-suicide.html

Old December 14th, 2018 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

if you believe regulation = safety

you are even a bigger fool than believers in jesus

Old December 14th, 2018 #3
Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
...supposed to make stuff better actually makes it worse, sometimes unendurably so...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...n-suicide.html

Female celebrities get laser eye surgery, so, all the women in the West want to get it, too....fools...you couldn't pay me to mess with my eyesight...what nonsense...vanity thy name is woman...most of the "eye idiots" are female...

----------------------

Old December 14th, 2018 #4
Jeffrey Smither

I thought about getting Lasik so I don't have to wear contacts anymore because the cost adds up.

So maybe just stick to contacts?

Old December 14th, 2018 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smither View Post
I thought about getting Lasik so I don't have to wear contacts anymore because the cost adds up.

So maybe just stick to contacts?
Glasses maybe.

They all suck.

Maybe lasik is worth it. The point is there is very serious risk involved.

Old December 14th, 2018 #6
Gerry Fable
'God Belief, German Piety'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
Glasses maybe.

They all suck.

Maybe lasik is worth it. The point is there is very serious risk involved.

I considered Lasik after my sister successfully had the operation. I went for the initial assessment and noticed the greeting cards from satisfied customers strategically placed in the waiting room. All the cards had positive messages from happy customers. After the assessment I read the small print and was shocked to read that I had a 1 in 10,000 chance of going blind from the operation. A 1% chance or so of suffering from blurred night time vision. As far as I was concerned the risks outweighed the benefits and decided wearing glasses was the better option.

Old December 14th, 2018 #7
Dan Hadaway

>A 1% chance or so of suffering from blurred night time vision
I heard it kills night vision period. My night vision is bad enough as is, but when it's a crisp clear bright and sunny day my vision is 20/20, but in "normal" light I'm near-sighted.

I can imagine why these people committed suicide, if you've ever gotten soap in your eye you know it stings. I'd imagine the pain must be 100x worse than even pepper spray or tear gas.

Old December 17th, 2018 #8
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

According to what I´ve read about corrective eye surgery you´re better off leaving your eyes alone, some sources say around 20% of vision correction patients report having problems afterwards, much higher than what the industry officially admits to.

Last edited by Hugo Böse; December 17th, 2018 at 06:57 AM.

Old December 17th, 2018 #9
Gladiatrix

This article is bull shit. I had Lasik 20 years ago. You want to get it from a good doctor, not some $200 special in a strip mall (yes, I remember seeing those ads) which is likely run by turd world import "doctors."

My doctor later did Tiger Woods' eyes as well as lots of Olympic athletes and Redskins players.

Old December 17th, 2018 #10
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
This article is bull shit. I had Lasik 20 years ago. You want to get it from a good doctor, not some $200 special in a strip mall (yes, I remember seeing those ads) which is likely run by turd world import "doctors."

My doctor later did Tiger Woods' eyes as well as lots of Olympic athletes and Redskins players.
so because the surgery worked for you, the article is bullshit?

that's not how it works.

no one is saying it doesn't sometimes, or even more often than not. but it's clear there are more problems with the surgery than the industry or media are admitting.

they make it sound like trimming your nails. just pop in, zip your eye with some lasers, walk about able to see perfectly. OFTEN that is not the case.

it's a matter of calculating risk - if you even can. but that requires accurate information, and people in the business of selling surgery aren't exactly neutral when it comes to incentives to provide the full truth.

Old December 17th, 2018 #11
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo Böse View Post
According to what I´ve read about corrective eye surgery you´re better off leaving your eyes alone, some sources say around 20% of vision correction patients report having problems afterwards, much higher than what the industry officially admits to.
Probably mumbo jumbo but the Bates method works for me and Aldous Huxley.
Worth considering though I don't do the sun part not much of a problem in the UK . I find concentrating on tracts of texts that I know from previous readings can bring back clear vision for reading unknown texts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bates_...#Aldous_Huxley

Chase them into the swamps

Old December 17th, 2018 #12
Enbyeff

Quote:
t's a matter of calculating risk - if you even can. but that requires accurate information, and people in the business of selling surgery aren't exactly neutral when it comes to incentives to provide the full truth.
A doctor once told me "Whenever you consult a surgeon, the solution is ALWAYS surgery."

Old December 18th, 2018 #13
jaekel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post

He should have ruined nigger Woods eyes.

Old December 18th, 2018 #14
Gladiatrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enbyeff View Post
A doctor once told me "Whenever you consult a surgeon, the solution is ALWAYS surgery."
Not in my experience. Over 15 years ago I felt a small lump in my upper arm. This freaked me out.

I went to my general practitioner who reluctantly referred me to a surgeon. Both insisted it was a lipoma, a non-benign fatty tumor. I insisted in having it removed. I believe all lumps or growths, including moles, should be removed, lest they become malignant.

I started to feel some tenderness in the lump, but wondered if this might be psychosomatic.

When I went for the removal, I was fully awake and just given a local injection for the surgery. The doctor said that these are usually just a ball of fatty tissue that pops out. He was surprised and said mine was wrapping itself around my muscles.

So this was not just "in my head" and likely was going to turn bad if it had not been removed.

Thread