Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 21st, 2009 #1
Joe B.

Default She Boon Lied

CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) -- A black woman at the center of a 2007 torture case that raised questions of racism in West Virginia now says she lied about being a victim.

The law office of Columbus, Ohio, attorney Byron L. Potts says Megan Williams will attend a Wednesday news conference there during which Potts or Williams will discuss her claim that she lied about being assaulted by a gang of whites in Logan County.

Seven people pleaded guilty to a variety of crimes in that case. All but one were sentenced to lengthy jail terms.

But Brian Abraham, the former Logan County prosecutor who oversaw those cases, called Williams' new claim absurd.

Abraham told The Associated Press the seven were convicted on physical evidence and their own statements.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL STORY
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) -- The woman at the center of a torture case that raised questions of racism in West Virginia now says she lied about being a victim.

The Charleston Gazette reported that Megan Williams plans a Wednesday news conference in Columbus, Ohio, that she lied about the 2007 incident in which she said she was assaulted by a group of whites in Logan County.

Seven people were convicted in that case. National and local advocates wanted hate crimes charges filed, since Williams is black.

But Brian Abraham, the former Logan County prosecutor who oversaw those cases, dismissed the news conference as a publicity stunt.

Abraham says the seven, who all pleaded guilty, were convicted on physical evidence and their own statements, not statements from Williams.

Statement from Rev. Al Sharpton and Nigger Action Network Regarding Megan Williams
Rev. Sharpton was contacted by Attorneys for Megan Williams yesterday who apologized to him on behalf of Ms. Williams for accepting a Christmas gift from him under false pretenses.

Three-and-a-half months after Ms. Williams made her claim and after arrests and charges had been made, Reverend Sharpton went to West Virginia at the request of her supporters because he was advised that she was going through difficult times and was going to testify and that she had no resources for Christmas.

Reverend Sharpton went to West Virginia and stated that hate crimes should be investigated and he gave her $1000 from his pocket of his personal money. Reverend Sharpton did not participate in any marches and rallies but did follow it on his radio show as most media did.

According to Reverend Sharpton: “When I received the call yesterday I urged her attorneys to go public if in fact, she was recanting, and I sent the prosecutors a letter who the attorney claimed was ignoring him. I urged him not to ignore the claims if in fact Ms. Williams is recanting. And despite the extensive records of the accused, they should then not be incarcerated.

If they are being held under false information and she misled authorities and if the authorities went solely on her testimony, then they should be released. If there are other circumstances around the recanting we should know what they are. We did not handle this case nor were we involved in the investigation or rallies and we have no knowledge other than what was in the public media. Our involvement surrounded a call for hate crime investigations and we did not know the truths or non truths of the investigation.”

Reverend Al Sharpton, President of Nigger Action Network

Old October 22nd, 2009 #2
Elizabeth Fragale

Ugh, I hate this whole story. I'm really not surprised it got so much media attention, even though these crimes actually *do* happen to whites. I never heard about Channon and Chris until I came to VNN. I had no idea about that crime, and I watch the news a lot. But when this happened it's all I saw on the news, and not because it's a local thing. I saw it on all the national stations, over and over again, and it got sickening.

Nobody believed her from the beginning. She is literally a retard, a poor one at that. She said she went to them "looking for a party". Of course, they portray that as her wanting friendship. But it actually means she was probably looking for free drugs.

Somehow that turned into them tying her up and holding her prisoner. She made up all kinds of false claims about them forcing her to do disgusting stuff.

Now, it's come out, none of it was true. I am not surprised. Nobody should be surprised. A freaking literal retard makes an outlandish claim of being a sex slave that people immediately give her attention and money for.

I'm not saying it's impossible or that things like that don't happen, but I don't think it did here. Even a retard knows saying there are mean racists in WV who hurt them won't be questioned at all. But everyone in the state will be chastised for creating a hate crime environment.

So innocent white people spent time in jail because a nigger lied. I bet the nigger will still get it's hand held and Al Sharpton will be so proud of her for being brave and telling the truth. The evil white West Virginians will still be shamed for existing.

Thread