Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 4th, 2008 #1
Anchorage Activist

Thumbs down ''the' 'Holocaust''

I found out today just how lucrative "Shoah" business is, strictly by accident, and posted the results on the White Reference blog. The Holohoax Museum in Washington scored over $16 million in NET profit in FY2006, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Here's a snippet:

Quote:
Shoah business is not only big business in the United States, but it's a lucrative racket as well. And the cash registers are literally bulging with shekels.

Looking for some completely different information on a Google search, I accidentally stumbled upon the Charity Navigator website, which provides baseline financial information on a multitude of charities. Once I saw a sampling of the charities, I wondered if holocaust museums might be included. And sure enough, when I checked the register under the letter "U", I found an entry for the United States Holocaust Museum. Here are the pertinent facts:

Total Revenue: $89,813,048
Total Functional Expenses: $73,234,697
Profits: $16,578,351
Net Assets: $313,350,630
Director/Compensation: Sara Bloomfield, $409,543

Yet, by comparison, this is just chump change compared to the financial harvest reaped by another Jewish charity, United Jewish Communities of MetroWest New Jersey. Look at the numbers for this baby:

Total Revenue: $83,988,566
Total Functional Expenses: $50,694,918
Profits: $33,293,648
Net Assets: $223,484,968
Director/Compensation: Max L. Kleinman, $321,853

And what a "baby". To quote my favorite state lawmaker, Utah's Chris Buttars (R-West Jordan), "This baby is black, I'll tell you. This is a dark and ugly thing."
Time and space precluded listing the same information for every other Jewish charity. So what I've done is to cut and paste the links to many obviously Jewish charities directly from the Charity Navigator website to the White Reference post. Just click on the name of the desired organization, and its financial summary will appear. Note: This looks like a bigger project than I first thought, so it's only a partial list at the moment. I will be adding to it, although I think I got most of them from the "U" and "J" lists.

Thread