Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 25th, 2009 #1
John in Woodbridge

Default Blu-ray

I don't have a blu-ray player, but this seems more hype than anything else. First blu-ray titles tend to cost 25-30 dollars. Second I doubt one can really absorb the small definition increase over a high quality upsampling standard DVD player (I use the Oppo).

I doubt one will really make use of the supposed interactive features in blu-ray titles. I'm not sure one can rip blu-ray titles.

If someone here has a blu-ray player and thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, feel free to chime in.

Old October 25th, 2009 #2
Hugo Böse
Jeunesse Dorée

When I watch a DVD after a BD I see a pretty dramatic difference, the difference is particularly dramatic on the computer since one generally sits closer to the screen, IMO it certainly is a step forward.

Old October 25th, 2009 #3
elbwgreez

In my opinion you should wait until blu-ray discs and players are as cheap as DVDs are now, especially if you don't have at least a 40 inch HD TV. Eventually, DVDs will cease to be produced (years from now) just like VHS tapes, and BD will be the standard.

However, an alternate scenario is that in the future you'll download HD movies into your living room and no physical media will be needed. The problem right now is download speed for a HD movie. The internet will need to be much faster to stream true 1080p HD footage.

Old October 25th, 2009 #4
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Woodbridge View Post
I don't have a blu-ray player, but this seems more hype than anything else. First blu-ray titles tend to cost 25-30 dollars. Second I doubt one can really absorb the small definition increase over a high quality upsampling standard DVD player (I use the Oppo).

I doubt one will really make use of the supposed interactive features in blu-ray titles. I'm not sure one can rip blu-ray titles.

If someone here has a blu-ray player and thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread, feel free to chime in.
I bought music or movies on 45, 33, 8-track, cassette, betamax, vhs, cd, and dvd. I no longer purchase music or movies. I've paid my dues and if I want to listen to, or watch, something I don't already have I'll download it from a torrent site. jews have made all the money they're going to make on me. At least that which I have the discretion to avoid paying them.

Movies that I download online are just fine for my two eyes. I'm to old to need or be impressed with the latest or greatest, which is just the hype that you mentioned John.

Old October 25th, 2009 #5
Thomas de Aynesworth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Woodbridge
I'm not sure one can rip blu-ray titles.
This is possible, I've watched Residnet Evil: Degeneration in 1080p on my laptop. There's a serious size issue, though.

Old November 2nd, 2009 #6
Tom McReen

The obvious problem with marketing Blu-Ray is that people who buy movies have already spent their money on DVDs, often to replace what they had already spent on VHS.

I was impressed by the quality I saw on in-store displays. However, I have not purchased a Blu-Ray player. The first Blu-Ray recorders are now being released but I think the real 'HD revolution' will be when HD TV broadcasts become more commonplace either when subscription fees are reduced (starting to happen) and free HD channels become more widely available.

Not that it really matters, jew propaganda is jew propaganda in HD or not.

'Gentiles are supernal garbage' - Rabbi Schneur Zalman, founder of Chabad-Lubavitch.

Old April 1st, 2013 #7
-JC
Doesn't suffer fools well

Default The players allow direct connection to the Internet...

That means not only a lot of free material on a large screen TV, if one has a mate and/or family to view it with you, but the ability to subscribe to pay-per-view services. You can search YouTube.com, for example, while comfortably in bed with your woman.

Old DVD's play at least as well on a Blu-ray player.

And, when new models come out, the old ones are very inexpensive. I bought a SONY for about $50 out-the-door. A cable from the router was half the cost of the player. Now they're wireless.

Thread