Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 31st, 2007 #41
chrissy

Bump old thread for all of us trying to quit smoking. It's hard to quit , this threadwith all the advice, gives me a good dose of will power though.

Old May 31st, 2007 #42
Subrosa
Banned

What worked for me was taking hypnosis sessions in conjunction with Zyban. I was able to quit for years. I know the hypnosis worked because I tried the Zyban without it this year and it didn't work.

I'm now on Chantix and will be taking the hypnosis thing again.

Also, plan on changing some of your habits. Sign up for that gym or go walking or go veggie for awhile. Get your subconscious mind to form different patterns.

Old May 31st, 2007 #43
Subrosa
Banned

You know, I should have said, "what worked for me was taking Zyban in conjuction with hypnosis sessions." It's been a long day. I drove for 10 hours with a 3 hour layover because my car hit a shredded tire and screwed up my front end. I made it though!

Old May 31st, 2007 #44
ngrh8r
Banned

Zyban FUCKED ME UP when I tried it.
I'm talking amphetamine-like effects, without any good feelings.

IMHO, it's just another case of the jew-poison cure being worse than the original problem.

Old May 31st, 2007 #45
Subrosa
Banned

Zyban is actually a form of wellbutrin, which is a anti-depressant. It was found that it removed the urge to smoke in patients with depression. I agree, it's not for everyone, that's why it's prescribed. I can tell you from my experience that gum or the patch is close to worthless.

I didn't have those effects with Zyban but I did get into some mild mood swings. Chantix has some side effects, like nausea and gas, but it's been mild and it's actually helping with the urges. The big thing here is to get into different habit patterns, because that habit of putting something in your mouth or having a cig with coffee or after eating is more psychological than physical. This is where hypnosis really helps.

Of course, for some people, hypnosis or the drugs alone will do the trick. It's a combo thing for me because to tell you the truth, I enjoy smoking, especially while drinking (that's how I got started again). It's just kicking the bag or doing anything strenous that leaves me breathless that really sucks.

I don't want to be huffing and puffing while I'm thumping on Antis but rather, yelling and laughing

Old May 31st, 2007 #46
chrissy

Quitting these cigs is really hard to do. I miss having something to do with my hands , like putting something in your mouth, it is a habit hard to break. I guess hypnosis would be the best thing to take though since it has to do with changing our thinking, not the gum or patches, I wouldn't bother with them. There's some scary stuff written about smoking cigs, one article had a list of celebrities that died of smoking related disease - lung cancer.
One article said that the tobacco companies like Marlboro are " freebasing " nicotine in the cigarettes to increase the addictive quality ( adding extra ). This made me mad enough that I'm trying to stay off them.
One guy on SF said that the Indians in this country are the ones that started the white men to smoking when the settlers first got here in America, teaching them to smoke tobacco.
I wonder why noone has invented a healthy cigarette yet, they said in the article that the tobacco have tried that too, but haven't been able to do it .

Thread