Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old December 31st, 2004 #1
Ronen

Default Iron Maiden Still Rules

I know there have got to be some Maiden fans on this forum. I've never been to a Maiden concert and failed to see white power tatoos or patches on leather jackets. Though they aren't as excellent now as they were at their peak, I still think they're the most sublime band in metal history, and even rock music history in general. With their beautiful mediaeval melodies and harmonies and Bruce soaring over them with his air raid siren vocals, pure epic metal. Drawing their themes largely from European myth and history, it is they who truly deserve to be considered the Wagners of the electric age.

A while back, some rumors circulated that the band's founder, bassist Steve Harris was a supporter of the BNP, but I've never read anything to support this. Has anyone else heard this?

Old January 1st, 2005 #2
John in Woodbridge

"The Number of the Beast" is an excellent Maiden album.

Old January 1st, 2005 #3
Sumadinac

Great band; 'Powerslave' and 'Piece of Mind'.

Old January 1st, 2005 #4
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Crowe
"The Number of the Beast" is an excellent Maiden album.

Yes, that was an good album. However ALL of the rest of their music basically sucks. And Bruce Dickenson(sp) has an awful voice.

Old January 1st, 2005 #5
heaven above

Bloody greebos ! They should have stood a bit closer to the soap .

Old January 1st, 2005 #6
Serbian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitler goddess
Yes, that was an good album. However ALL of the rest of their music basically sucks. And Bruce Dickenson(sp) has an awful voice.
Are you kidding??? Bruce is technically one of the best Metal singers of all time who is only bettered by DIO, who I dont listen to because he is a Jew. The first time I can remember seeing Maiden was in 1985 on their Powerslave tour.They were always a great band.

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers

Old January 1st, 2005 #7
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian
Are you kidding??? Bruce is technically one of the best Metal singers of all time who is only bettered by DIO, who I dont listen to because he is a Jew. The first time I can remember seeing Maiden was in 1985 on their Powerslave tour.They were always a great band.

I just can't stand that high-pitched whiny voice. Much better, IMO would be metal singers such as James Hetfield, Phil Anselmo, or Tom Araya(yes I know he is not white )

Glenn Danzig also has a great voice. As well as being a gifted songwriter.

Old January 2nd, 2005 #8
Ronen

Quote:
I just can't stand that high-pitched whiny voice. Much better, IMO would be metal singers such as James Hetfield, Phil Anselmo, or Tom Araya(yes I know he is not white )
The fact that you consider what they do "singing" and you trash Bruce shows you're aesthetically challenged and basically renders any opinion you might have on Maiden null & void.

Old January 2nd, 2005 #9
Ronen

Quote:
Wow!!! I'd never head that Dio was a jew before. Are you absolutely sure on this? Where did you hear this?

Old January 2nd, 2005 #10
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronen
Wow!!! I'd never head that Dio was a jew before. Are you absolutely sure on this? Where did you hear this?

LOL. Look at him and tell me he is NOT a Jew.

Old January 2nd, 2005 #11
Ronen

Quote:

Lots of non-jewish southern Euros look like that. "Ronnie James" likewise isn't something typically jewish sounding. A cursory engine search also brought up no evidence he was jewish. You people need to back up your assertions to avoid potentially slandering the wrong people.

Old January 2nd, 2005 #12
Racial Inquisitor

Quote:
To me Dio always looked like some sort of spawn from Hell. He has a sort of "demonic" look to him, specially in some of his old videos(Holy Diver, Rainbow in the Dark, Last in Line, etc.) But that's beside the point. I have never seen any bio of him stating that he is a Jew. He's always said to be of Italian descent, not Jewish:

http://hem.passagen.se/diomagic/Dioarticle.htm

Old January 2nd, 2005 #13
N.B. Forrest

I don't think the great Dio is a kikel: on VH1's Greatest Metal Moments he said his devil horns salute came from "my Italian grandmother'.

As an aside, VH1 - formerly a decent place to see concerts and bios of classic rock artists - has turned to complete & utter shit: nothing but fags & ugly-ass jew "comedians" like that revolting beast Paul Scheer making smart-ass comments and a load of lousy "countdown" shows.

Thanks again, Murray!

Old January 2nd, 2005 #14
The Barrenness
Angry Shiksa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racial Inquisitor
To me Dio always looked like some sort of spawn from Hell. He has a sort of "demonic" look to him, specially in some of his old videos(Holy Diver, Rainbow in the Dark, Last in Line, etc.) But that's beside the point. I have never seen any bio of him stating that he is a Jew. He's always said to be of Italian descent, not Jewish:
http://hem.passagen.se/diomagic/Dioarticle.htm
Well, then he has got to be, without a doubt, one of the ugliest Italians I have ever seem

Old January 2nd, 2005 #15
Serbian

Quote:
He is a Jew!! His first cousin is David Feinstein from the old NY Heavy Metal band THE RODS. Dio"s ancestors were Italian Jews.

Old January 2nd, 2005 #16
McKinley
coast to coast WN

Here is an interview of Glenn Danzig on race http://www.whitefreespeech.com/sub/g...interview.html

Old January 3rd, 2005 #17
Ronen

Quote:
He is a Jew!! His first cousin is David Feinstein from the old NY Heavy Metal band THE RODS. Dio"s ancestors were Italian Jews.
This would be disappointing if true, since the man is undeniably a great talent regardless of what he is. However, I did a search on Dio and David Feinstein, and did not find any description of whether they are first or second cousins, just "cousins." Furthermore, even if first cousins, this could just mean that an aunt of Dio's married a jew and took his name. Still doesn't mean Dio himself or either of his parents were jewish. However, if you have such evidence, please present it, otherwise your assertions remain unsupported.

Old January 3rd, 2005 #18
Serbian

Quote:
This would be disappointing if true, since the man is undeniably a great talent regardless of what he is. However, I did a search on Dio and David Feinstein, and did not find any description of whether they are first or second cousins, just "cousins." Furthermore, even if first cousins, this could just mean that an aunt of Dio's married a jew and took his name. Still doesn't mean Dio himself or either of his parents were jewish. However, if you have such evidence, please present it, otherwise your assertions remain unsupported.
Eh...Have you ever seen a picture of Dave Feinstein????? He looks exactly like DIO"s twin!! I will try to find a picture of him so that you can see for yourself.Dont worry,I know how upset you are.I was a HUGE DIO fan since 1983 and he was my all time favourite metal singer.I was also dissapointed like you,but what can you do,there are other great metal singers who arn"t Jews.

Old January 3rd, 2005 #19
Ronen

Quote:
Eh...Have you ever seen a picture of Dave Feinstein????? He looks exactly like DIO"s twin!! I will try to find a picture of him so that you can see for yourself.Dont worry,I know how upset you are.I was a HUGE DIO fan since 1983 and he was my all time favourite metal singer.I was also dissapointed like you,but what can you do,there are other great metal singers who arn"t Jews.
I went to the official Dio site last night and registered on their forums. I got two responses to this question, and in both cases they answered they had read Dio was raised Catholic. And again, unlike Feinstein, Dio's first, middle, and real last name don't sound jewish. Your case is unproven. who cares what his cousin looks like? Maybe he just looks like his Italian mother.

Old January 4th, 2005 #20
Serbian

Quote:
I went to the official Dio site last night and registered on their forums. I got two responses to this question, and in both cases they answered they had read Dio was raised Catholic. And again, unlike Feinstein, Dio's first, middle, and real last name don't sound jewish. Your case is unproven. who cares what his cousin looks like? Maybe he just looks like his Italian mother.
You can live in denial,I dont care.Its not really that important as I dont listen to him anymore,because HE IS JEWISH!!! So what if someone says that he was raised Catholic,this is not uncommon for some Italian Jews.Here are some pictures of DIO"S JEW COUSIN DAVE FIENSTEEN! You can see that they are both of Jewish ancestry.

Thread