VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old April 30th, 2013 #1
MikeQuigley
Banned

Default Finally got some ammo.

I found some .308 the other day at Cheaper than Dirt. The day I found it I ordered ten boxes. I went there this morning not expecting to see any left, but there was, so I bought another ten boxes. This is PMC ammo so it's not ideal but under the circumstances, fuck it. So now it's going on 11pm ET and I took a look again, yep they still had it. I looked at my checking balance and it's in the danger zone. Fuck it, I bought five more boxes making it a nice even Five Hundred Rounds for $540. When is the last time I was able to say that??? Probably about a year at least. I'll be getting paid in a couple days so I feel pretty good. Hopefully they recognize me at the range this weekend, and just maybe I have a couple boxes of .223 I can spare too. Short stop at Dunkin Donuts for a breakfast sandwich with an extra large coffee, and a couple little cigars for the range. Today life is good

Old April 30th, 2013 #2
ericthered
Idle Anger

Default Happy shooting!

I finally managed to snag some .223 today myself. Looking forward to hitting the range soon.

Old May 1st, 2013 #3
notmenomore

Angry

CTD will sell you M855 ball in 250 round lots for $1.60 per round, plus shipping. Great deal, huh?

Old May 1st, 2013 #4
Squarehead Chris

I have fired and reloaded thousands of rounds of "PMC" ammo over the last 20 years.
And while it might not be my favorite brass, it's not bad.

It was my understanding that PMC ammo was made from American made components assembled in South Korea.

Old May 1st, 2013 #5
notmenomore

CTD is also selling 20 round boxes of Federal Lake City XM193 for $34.95 plus shipping. I was able to buy some of this at a gun show this past weekend for $10/box. Of course the guy sold out quickly at this price.

CTD has priced their available supplies such that the market tends to leave them with a small, yet available inventory. The guys trying to hold the line on prices simply have no ammo at all.

Old May 1st, 2013 #6
Dan Smith
Banned

Im taking up archery this summer. No need for ammo.

Old May 1st, 2013 #7
MikeQuigley
Banned

The cheapest I've seen .223 is about $15 or $16 a box, and it's some no name brand that I know nothing about. Of course I may have made a big gamble with 500 rds of .308 because I believe they may have been made in Korea. The reason I say that is because there's some fleeting mention of Korea, plus I also order from natchezss.com and they said something like "We just got these in from Korea"(PMC). So we'll see what happens.

Old May 2nd, 2013 #8
Roy Wagahuski
professional critter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Smith
Im taking up archery this summer. No need for ammo.
I like airguns. Air is free. Lead practically is, too. Some rifle models meet .44 magnum ballistics and kill bears, with little report.

http://www.pyramydair.com/article/_5...cember_2007/45

Old May 2nd, 2013 #9
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeQuigley View Post
The cheapest I've seen .223 is about $15 or $16 a box, and it's some no name brand that I know nothing about. Of course I may have made a big gamble with 500 rds of .308 because I believe they may have been made in Korea. The reason I say that is because there's some fleeting mention of Korea, plus I also order from natchezss.com and they said something like "We just got these in from Korea"(PMC). So we'll see what happens.
PMC shoots fine, and the brass is decent for reloading. I wouldn't use it for competitive shooting, but for everyday use - no worries.

Old May 3rd, 2013 #10
313Chris

Try ammoseek.com

I shoot uncommon calibers, and I can always find what I need at a reasonable price.

Thread