Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 12th, 2013 #1
MikeQuigley
Banned

Default Cooperation with family members and friends.

I've been prepping for several years now, basically since Obama came up on the horizon. Since then I have spent endless hours on the internet trying to learn what I need to do to save my family. No one, I mean no one believes or wants to hear anything about it. There are varying degrees of reluctance. My mother who puts it to me as gently as she can to my sister who laughs in my face and ridicules me. I'm beginning to wonder if death is really the worst thing that can happen. I want to fight and live, but if I have no loved ones to live with what's the point? I don't know what frame of mind I'll be in when the day comes but I guess it's up to me how much I want to endure the pain of being alone and the pain of my injuries.

Old March 13th, 2013 #2
SUNOFSPARTA
MIA

If your wrong, and they are all right,
what's the harm in what you do and say.
If your right,and they are wrong,
they will quickly come to see things your way

In the mean time do what you believe,
and work to do what is best for you
Come the worst you will still survive,
and your "friends" will be-more than just a few

Old March 13th, 2013 #3
MikeQuigley
Banned

Thanks brother.

Old March 13th, 2013 #4
Thad Charles
Master Race

The lemmings really do hate the "conspiracy theorist guy". They're too bottled up in the nigger basketball, light beer, eat 50 chicken wings kind of world. Your family is worse because they give you that "oh gawd we're related to that guy!" type of look.

I'm wired differently, but you just have to let it go. Let them go. This shit is bigger than you. It's bigger than me. And it's sure as fuck bigger than a few lemmings family or not.

No loved ones to live with? That mentality doesn't compute with me. Personally, I just want to win.

Old March 13th, 2013 #5
Sam Reeves
Happy Bigot

We live in a world of lemmings. My user title is "Happy Bigot" because that is what I am and that is how folks know me. I just accept that I am more hardcore than they are. If the proverbial SHTF and you have all the guns, ammo, food and medical supplies trust me you will not be alone. Your problem at that point will be deciding who to turn away. Since ignorance is bliss nobody wants to believe that the whole world is screwed up. Football and TV is pretty much the same way of avoiding the problems in life as drugs and alcohol. Most folks are addicted to that damned jewtube. The best way to become an addict's enemy is to come between him/her and the thing that they are addicted to. I just try to give the lemmings enough that they will lean in the WN direction in case everything does fall apart. Just find you a few like minded folks and say the hell with it. Most folks are so strung out on their passtimes that will not become hardcore until they absolutely have to.

Old March 14th, 2013 #6
keifer

Here is a plan that might help ease a change of mind for your group of loved ones. Put together a small kit for your mom to keep in her car. Tell her that no matter where she is at, there is her car, at work or home, and she now has items to sustain her self and others in an emergency. Shy away from the apocalypse prep scenario and instead focus your dialogue on the more probable short term situations like that of industrial accidents, and like that of train derailments or weather. In these cases displacement would last about three days. When putting together a kit try to stay away from military surplus items. In a fall out, you don't want your family looking like a band of renegades. Last weekend at a garage sale I picked up a full size external frame pack in excellent condition for 5 bucks. At that same sale were blankets and kitchen utensils that could have been added to my purchase and well on the way of setting up that pack for pennies on the dollar. The primary goal here is the display of care, and casual in presentation, and not the winning of an argument.
As you know, once you have moms approval things have a better chance of working out for everyone. There are government websites designed explicitly for citizen prepping scenarios and it might be beneficial to reference those sources as a way of enlisting the confidence of your family. Before when I mentioned casual presentation, keep in mind the idea of information overload and over selling your idea. After mom is set up with a kit and demonstrates approval, it might be helpful to approach each family member one at a time in a private setting rather than risk losing ground on your project as a result of collective mockery at your expense. Show them you care with out them having to give up their present ideas on reality.

Thread