Question Beef Vs. Pork?

Which is more healthy to eat?

Old December 17th, 2012 #2
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Beef. Pigs eat their own shit.

Old December 17th, 2012 #3
Horseman

The beef industry doesnt care if we die of mad cow disease, so fuck them. I do eat beef, but sparingly.

Old December 17th, 2012 #4
ericthered
Idle Anger

Grass fed beef, preferably raised by someone you know who doesn't fill them full of hormones & antibiotics.

Pigs are greasy scavengers. Pork has more fat cells throughout the meat, intra-cellular fat cells that store toxins consumed by the animal. Most of what you read sez it's all good, just make sure to cook it well to make sure and kill the worms

Old December 17th, 2012 #5
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin Simard View Post
Which is more healthy to eat?
Beef would be my one word answer, but I really don't think it's really valuable to think in these terms and put them against each other.

Between a lean muscular cut from the pig vs. a lean muscular cut of beef, there isn't any meaningful difference to the protein and nutritional content, so your personal taste/preference ought to guide that choice. The real difference is in the fat, and the fat of cows (&milk-fat) is better quality and healthier than that of the pigs'. (Having said that there is of course a lot more fat on a pig, and not many "lean" cuts really, so on second thought, perhaps there is some value in bluntly just stating and recommending beef for the simplicity and clarity.)

You might want to check out this thread for more information.

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; December 17th, 2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: *

Old December 17th, 2012 #6
Sebastian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Pigs are greasy scavengers. Pork has more fat cells throughout the meat, intra-cellular fat cells that store toxins consumed by the animal. Most of what you read sez it's all good, just make sure to cook it well to make sure and kill the worms
Do pigs really have worms? I know there's harmful bacteria if undercooked but I've never known pork to be more...wormy...than other meats. Any meat left out to rot will get maggots.

I think beef wins, but pork is delicious.

Old December 18th, 2012 #7
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian View Post
Do pigs really have worms? I know there's harmful bacteria if undercooked but I've never known pork to be more...wormy...than other meats. Any meat left out to rot will get maggots.

I think beef wins, but pork is delicious.
No, I think this is more of a trailing historical myth/half-truth. But in days of no refridgeration, the fatter, more unsaturated pork meat did spoil a lot faster than saturated beef and other leaner meat that could be dried, and I've heard theorized that this might be part of the real, actual, underlying motivation for, for example, jews and muslims shunning it.

Thread