Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 21st, 2018 #1
Todd Fletch

Default Harvard awards Colin Kaepernick top honor for African and African American studies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.1003032ed044

When I saw that Nike did that ad for Krapernick, I was gonna make a thread then just a few weeks ago. but even reading the DC Sports Page, since that's where I'm from, I can't escape this idiot.

But see he was raised by white parents and yet he's trying to be the front face of the race war that Soros and all or trying to start, it makes me sick.

Now Harvard, of all places, has to give in to the SJW gods. You would think we're still making black people drink out different water fountains or something
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaPo Crapernick article
Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in 2016. (Robert Hanashiro/USA Today via Reuters)
By Jacob Bogage
September 20 at 3:13 PM
Colin Kaepernick, the former NFL quarterback who prompted leaguewide demonstrations during the national anthem, will receive Harvard’s highest honor in African and African American studies, the university announced Thursday.

Kaepernick will be awarded the W.E.B. Du Bois medal in October along with seven other honorees, including comedian Dave Chappelle, artist Kehinde Wiley (who painted the official portrait of former president Barack Obama) and Equal Justice Initiative founder and executive director Bryan Stevenson.

[Nike’s Colin Kaepernick ad campaign gets more yeas than nays from young people]

Previous medalists include Muhammad Ali, Maya Angelou, Oprah Winfrey and civil rights leader Rep. John Lewis (D-Ga.). The honor is for national and international figures “in recognition of their contributions to African and African American culture and the life of the mind.”

Kaepernick began silently kneeling during the national anthem during the 2016 NFL season to protest police brutality and social injustice. He has been a free agent for 18 months, and he has a pending lawsuit against the league alleging team owners colluded to keep him off the field.

His demonstration led dozens of other professional football players to demonstrate during the national anthem; President Trump has used the issue at campaign rallies and on Twitter, calling for athletes who do demonstrate to lose their jobs.

Amnesty International awarded Kaepernick its highest honor in April, and the quarterback decried police killings as “lawful lynchings” in his acceptance speech. He was recently tapped as the centerpiece of Nike’s new advertising campaign marking the 30th anniversary of the “Just Do It” slogan, in which Kaepernick tells audience, “Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything.”

Read more from The Post:
I imagined that Nike was taking the bad publicity is good publicity tact. As for Harvard, using some half breed anti-white as a battering ram against us--I don't get why they're doing this at all. (Okay I've got a few ideas: The usual suspects from the PR department with the usual motives)

This disgust me and shows me that they have no integrity. These people would not live 10 miles within the distance of a POS that looks like Krapernick. Famous or not famous

Thread