Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old March 5th, 2013 #1
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Default Oberlin Shut Down Over 'KKK Robe' Hysteria, was Cold Girl in White Blanket

That KKK Robe Sighting at Oberlin Was Probably Just a Student Wearing a Blanket

J.K. Trotter 656 Views 11:17 AM ET

Reports on Monday that someone was walking around the campus of Oberlin College in Ku Klux Klan regalia — for which the Ohio liberal arts college cancelled an entire day's classes — may have been a huge misunderstanding. That's the sense one gets from reading a comprehensive report published on Tuesday morning by the local paper, the Chronicle-Telegram, which traced the early-morning sighting to someone wearing a blanket: "Oberlin police Lt. Mike McCloskey said that authorities did find a pedestrian wrapped in a blanket. He said police interviewed another witness later in the day and that person also saw a female walking with a blanket." But no KKK garb.

The reaction to the news on Tuesday morning was immediate: mockery from conservatives. The American Conservative compared the college's reaction to "a hillbilly Bible college [having] a collective conniption because somebody thinks they saw a devil worshiper peeing in a parking lot." (Author Rod Dreher added, "It costs over $50,000 per year to attend this pants-wetting academy.") The conservative Twitter aggregator Twitchy — founded by Oberlin alumna Michelle Malkin — dug in even further: "Why don’t they just tell students to feign fainting or to urinate when they come across dastardly wielders of assault blankets?"

To be fair, the college wasn't responding to a single, sketchily-sourced report of someone wearing a KKK robe. It was also responding to a string of recent incidents involving racist and homophobic graffiti and defacement — which seems to have sensitized the student body to racist and homophobic imagery.[lulz] Even before the blanket report surfaced, however, Reason argued that suspending classes only encouraged those responsible for the previously-reported graffiti. "Do they actually think whoever is responsible for the incidents cares at all about the college’s solidarity?" asked Scott Shackford.

Quote:
Could they possibly have given this guy much more of an ego boost than to essentially wasting thousands of dollars in students' tuition (Oberlin’s tuition for this academic year is $44,512) by cancelling classes?
http://www.theatlanticwire.com/natio...blanket/62764/

Old March 5th, 2013 #2
Hunter Morrow

I declared hoax. I was forceful and adamant in the declaration. Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. It was just a gaggle of kiked man-children reveling in the chance to throw a hissy fit over seeing a Real Live Racist!

White oppression is everywhere. Even if you can't see it. Look harder!

Old March 5th, 2013 #3
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Morrow View Post
I declared hoax. I was forceful and adamant in the declaration. Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle. It was just a gaggle of kiked man-children reveling in the chance to throw a hissy fit over seeing a Real Live Racist!

White oppression is everywhere. Even if you can't see it. Look harder!
These SWPL illiberals have the same mindset as low-rent Christians, only without the church. The AmCon quote nailed them.

Old March 5th, 2013 #4
Mr A.Anderson
Banned

Hairy pits on a woman make me want to run, scream, and urinate myself in fear.

Tags
kkk, liberal, malkin, oberlin, stuff white people like

Thread