Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 15th, 2012 #1
keifer

Default The Worst Ass Kicking I ever Took,....so far.

I was driving taxi in NYC, putting college money together. It was the slow time of an already slow night to begin with. I pulled up and parked curb side in front of a restaurant-bar hoping to get a fare. Shortly there after a car drives by and throws a bottle at my cab. People are always doing this. People like to throw shit at taxi cabs. The bottle hit the drivers side window trim on the door and shatters. To use Starsky&Hutch as a description would not at all be an exaggeration, as it is, any taxi driver experiences this sooner or later in New York. Chase ensues. Running red lights and blowing past stop signs, real life tire squeals. They finally stop, I stop, they jump out, I jump out, with a knife in hand. I quickly realize that being out numbered, there were only two outcomes for me. Death or prison. I throw the knife in the opposte direction and it skips down the street. The best I could hope for in this situation was to simply take a beating,...and I did. I was in good shape at the time, sportin' a 300+ bench, 400 squat. Certainly nothing to brag about in the weight lifting community, but in general society a noteworthy tool to have for a guy weighing 185. It did me no good that night, as it was, I had no business scrapping with either opponent because both had considerable height, weight, reach. Right off the bat one of them grabs my hair and yanks me to the ground. I dont recall ever getting punched, but rather they kick the living shit outa me. Kicks to the face and body, and both knees and elbows bleeding from being dragged around the pavement. I was still cussing them as they walked away after having made their point. So anyway, I find my way into a convenient store looking for peroxide and bandages. The bell rings when I open the door but the clerk does not look up from his magazine. I gather what I need and put it on the counter, he looks at it and rings it up. Finally he looks up to me, "seven dollors-thirtyseven", and then looks back down at his magazine. Absolutely no response to the fact that some stranger is standing there bleeding all over them selves and eyes beaten half shut...- Fuckin New York for ya. I make it home and slide into bed. About an hour later my girlfreind gets up to get ready for work. She shreeeeks-"that's it! No more taxi shit...I am tired of this fighting..blah blah whine whine sniffle sniffle.
Looking back I am laughing at it now.

Old September 8th, 2012 #2
Angel Ramsey
Banned

Default Kinda off topic, but you get the point. Do what you gotta do.

Old September 8th, 2012 #3
keifer

The meanest fight I never fought:
I had just dropped off a fair in the upper west side area of Central Park, relatively quiet streets at this time of night. Not really much movement, feeling confident in my driving options to get back into a money rich area for getting my next fair, I came whipping around a corner and suddenly there is a car parked in the middle of the road, its a taxi. The doors are open and I see two people standing in the street, a man has a woman by the arm as she struggles to free his grip, but he insists that she is going nowhere. The characters are a well dressed White woman and a taxi driver with a towel on his head. I slam on the brakes, get out and in his face. He lets go of her,and turns to face me. A stare down takes place.
There are two distinct types of street fighting as a taxi driver. The first has more to do with "I am going to beat your ass!" but no real intent for killing the other. It's to settle some type of dispute, throw some punches and move on. This situation with the towel head was much different than letting off steam. Even though no punches were thrown, I always felt like that was one of the closest times I came to ....death. I did not back down, and he took the first step in retreat, but there was no doubt at all in my mind that he would not hesitate to kill me.
I offered the woman a complimentary fair, but she requested that I drop her off at the nearest place for her to call her husband to come get her. She had her fill of taxi drivers for one night.

Old September 8th, 2012 #4
keifer

This happened to a taxi driver I once knew.
He picks up a fare, a couple and they are happy and drunk. But soon they start arguing and he starts hitting her. My buddy responds by beating the guy into submission as way to make him stop beating on this woman. The cops are called. By the time the cops show up, the couple makes up, and she changes her side of the story so as to protect hubby from going to jail for assault, and in the end the taxi driver is the one who gets arrested.

Thread