VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old January 14th, 2009 #1
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

Default Shields

I was just thinking what an integral part of combat shields were & still are throughout most of Aryan history.

I think we should seriously consider reapplying their widespread use. Concealed of course.

Because lets face it, we are more than likely to come across groups of, and/or knife wielding shitbeasts.

A shield would be extremely useful and has many applications. It can be used for not only blocking but also striking, charging, and blinding.

a couple of ways off the top of my head for carrying a concealed shield would be:

As a briefcase.
The briefcase when opened locks into place and has the armbands inside.

In a backpack.
the armbands protrude through cutouts in the back of the pack, so you simply slip off the pack and grab the armbands without having to remove the shield from the pack.

Perhaps you have your own ideas, or have seen a commercial product.

B.B. aka Arbiter of all truth.

Old January 14th, 2009 #2
psychologicalshock
Banned

Impractical.

Old January 14th, 2009 #3
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

I beg to differ.

Many people carry backpacks, satchel bags, or briefcases around in their day to day lives, an it would be fairly easy to incorporate some sort of shield into those.

Old January 14th, 2009 #4
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

Thought this was an interesting concept.

I like the design of that one, appears highly practical.

Last edited by Brad; January 14th, 2009 at 10:29 PM.

Old January 14th, 2009 #5
cillian

Shields are defensive (obviously) and you cannot win a war or a fight with defensive means, though they will keep you in the fight longer.

If you do find yourself confronted with a weapon, the best thing to do is arm yourself with a longer range weapon. If you can hit them and they can't hit you back you have a much better chance of winning, even if you use it in a defensive attack (jabbing at them to keep them back). This is why spears lances and polearms were so commonly used in wars and also why guns replaced them.

Shields are actually quite tricky to use, and are almost always used incorrectly in movies. We always see the hero swing the shield behind himself so that he can step in with his right foot and attack with his sword. In a real sword fight this would get you killed. The proper way to use a shield is to keep it in between you and your opponent at all times, even when you are attacking. It takes quite a bit of practice to keep from stepping in with the right foot and not banging your own arm against your shield when doing this.

Old January 14th, 2009 #6
psychologicalshock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
I beg to differ.

Many people carry backpacks, satchel bags, or briefcases around in their day to day lives, an it would be fairly easy to incorporate some sort of shield into those.
While you're getting it out you'll get shanked.

Quote:

Thought this was an interesting concept.

I like the design of that one, appears highly practical.

Uh yeah I don't know what sort of bag you carry but what I carry around could fit maybe half of it.

Last edited by psychologicalshock; January 14th, 2009 at 11:30 PM.

Old January 15th, 2009 #7
Karl Lueger

"a couple of ways off the top of my head for carrying a concealed shield would be:
As a briefcase.
In a backpack."

Right, like that flashlight that turns into
a small machine gun.
It would be easy enough to fool shitskins,
most likely to attack someone with a briefcase anyway..

Rambo, John J.

Last edited by Karl Lueger; January 15th, 2009 at 05:27 PM.

Old January 15th, 2009 #8
Derrick MacThomas

Brad, you were born in the wrong century.
As a karate ka, I would love my opponent to use a shield. It would be a great way to prevent him seeing what I was doing, which would make him easy prey.
Picture this:
1. Feint to the head to get him to raise the shield to block his vision.
2. Side thrust kick to a knee (destroying the joint and crippling him for life, in the unlikely event that he survives the encounter).
3. As he lowers the shield and bends forward to clutch at what is left of his knee (a reflex action), a knife hand or punch to the throat (kill strike). Fight over . . . permanently. This fight should last about two seconds, perhaps 2.5 seconds.
4. Move on to next target.
Shields belong to another era.
There was a good reason that armies stopped using them about the 15th Century.

Last edited by Derrick MacThomas; January 15th, 2009 at 09:15 AM.

Old January 15th, 2009 #9
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

Yes Derrick, armies. because of bullets?

Today's day & age, we're not on a battlefield, and we're not (hopefully) facing bullets.

The whole idea of a shields versatility, is that I raise it in front of your face to block your vision, and then strike at you.

Of course, a little training would be needed.

I do seem to recall White gangs who utilized makeshift shields in their gangfights in the 50's and 60's.
And I've seen a Swedish racist group use them in their marches today.

Really though, their use has never ceased entirely and never will, because there'll always be situations to apply them.

May not be viable, but I'm just thinking outside the box; thick markers, belt buckle knives, easy oven off....

Old January 25th, 2009 #10
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Brad,

I appreciate your enthusiasm...you've obviously put a lot of thought into this...but in the United States at least....yes....we ARE dealing with bullets here.

In countries that have a long history of firearms restriction, there is some merit to the concept, but in 99% of cases in this country, it is impractical and will get you killed.

SWAT-types will use shields in door breaching and room clearing exercises where the first guy in will have the rest swarming around and over him...but by and large, they have 0 tactical use.

You'll see them mainly used in crowd control situations where you have to force back a 'crush' of a crowd, or to block incoming hurled rocks and bottles...but the average Joe on the street will only get himself killed with one.

All this aside, if I have my laptop bag or briefcase on me and I am attacked with a knife, you can better believe I'll use it to defend myself until my own weapon(s) can be deployed. I think a good sense of situational awareness demands that you keep all options open...and everything becomes a potential weapon or potential cover.

Shield training might be fun, but it's more for the SCA re-enactor types or specific military/law enforcement applications.

In this country at least, and especially in this period of history, it's best to always assume you're going to be dodging bullets and prepare accordingly.

Old January 26th, 2009 #11
Brad
Anti-semite Pro-human

Well put Rebel, but even when guns are freely available, edged weapons are still more dangerous. http://video.aol.com/video-detail/kn...-is/2351288996

Especially in an urban setting, or the distances most altercations take place.

I advocate wearing braces & shinguards. with the new technologies, they could be real thin, and not be conspicuous. Shinguards are easy, 'cause even in hot climes, most folks wear pants.

Of course, there is no unarmed defence for a knife, and you should always leg it when confronted with one, until you get enough distance to safely pull your firearm and aim it, or get a longer ranged weapon.

In the case of knife attack, these measures I advocate are merely to keep you alive/uninjured until you can effectively strike back or remove yourself from the threat.

Last edited by Brad; January 26th, 2009 at 08:29 AM.

Old January 26th, 2009 #12
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

I'm not disagreeing here regarding edged weapons. As I've stated in other threads, I'm a practitioner of a few martial arts that emphasizes the use of knives/etc.

Within a confined space, I'd much rather have a go at someone with a knife instead of a firearm.

I do disagree about there being no unarmed defense for a knife. There are many effective ways to deal with/disarm an assailant with a knife, but as with anything, training is the key.

Regarding bracers/shinguards.... I can't say that these are a bad idea, but like everything else that involves personal defense, it only works or is effective if you actually have it with you and use it. It's just not practical in most cases to 'armor up' before going out on the town, especially in warmer climates.

As that bastard Murphy dictates, you're not going to need something until the moment you decide to leave it at home. When I head out into the woods/camping/hiking, I prefer to wear my trusty 5.11 tactical gear pants with built-in knee pads. Unfortunately, the only time I seem to need them is when those pants are in the wash.

By all means if you know you're going to be wading knee-deep into the shit, wear shinguards, bracers, gauntlets, helmets, a breastplate, and drive a tank...but 95% of the time, we're going to be going on with our lives in our day to day routine where it's not practical to walk around like a knight of the round table.

Above all else, situational awareness is the key. Just keep your eyes open and be constantly vigilant. This will allow you to avoid the vast majority of the situations that will make you wish you were driving that tank.

Old January 26th, 2009 #13
Derrick MacThomas

Quote:
May not be viable, but I'm just thinking outside the box; thick markers, belt buckle knives, easy oven off....
Thick markers!
What on Earth would you do with a thick marker?

Old January 26th, 2009 #14
RebelWithACause
¡Confíeme en!

Depending on its configuration, a marker can be jammed into someone's throat like a stabbing tool, or used as a pressure/joint manipulation device like a kubotan. It's essentially the same shape as a kubotan but doesn't instantly evoke questions when going through security.

I always keep a very strong metal pen in my front shirt pocket.

This is all part of situational awareness, though. At the end of the day, when you get home and put all of the shit you carry around with you in whatever container you dump it in so you can strap it all on the next day, just stop and take a look at it...and be imaginative for what can or can't be used as an improvised weapon if you really really needed it. It's best to think about it beforehand than trying to come up with something on the fly while you're getting pummeled.

Knowing that I ALWAYS have my pen in my shirt pocket, for example, lets me know that I have the option of grabbing it and jamming it into someone's eyesocket if I need to in a pinch without even really thinking about it.

Thread