VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old June 1st, 2011 #1
Craig Cobb
Banned

Default Kel Tec KSG 14 Round 12 Gauge Shotgun - Approx. $800

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...c-shotgun-ksg/
The KSG weighs 6.9lbs and is as compact as legally possible with a 26.1" overall length and an 18.5" cylinder bore barrel. Even with this compact size, the internal dual tube magazines hold an impressive 14 rounds of 12 gauge 2-3/4" rounds (7 per tube).

http://www.keltecweapons.com/news/pr...c-shotgun-ksg/

http://www.keltecweapons.com/

Old June 2nd, 2011 #2
confederate

i want one that fires slugs.

Dr. William Pierce

Old June 2nd, 2011 #3
ray bateson
baппed

Nothing preventing it from firing slugs. You're thinking of sabots. And you could fire those, too, they'll just keyhole the target, because smoothbores are funny like that...

In kel tec's demo video the action looks stiff, as others have pointed out. I predict this will be tuned up before the final product.

Old June 2nd, 2011 #4
Nate Richards

Ray's right. It's just that a "slug gun" is usually a rifled shotgun. Regular(smooth bore) shotguns can fire slugs, but not accurately. Choke usually doesn't matter either, but I wouldn't use one with a full choke, just to be on the safe side.

Old June 2nd, 2011 #5
notmenomore

An interesting shotgun, but still a pump.

A Saiga 12 can be had for about $700-$800 but costs a couple hundred more for conversion parts. It's semi-auto with a detachable magazine and is available in both stick and drum magazine up to 20 round mags.

http://store.carolinashooterssupply....ERY/Categories

'frinstance.

Old June 2nd, 2011 #6
Karl LaForce

Default I like that it is very short.

I like that it is very short. If you had to shoot from a car, that would be real important.

Old June 3rd, 2011 #7
ray bateson
baппed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate Richards View Post
Ray's right. It's just that a "slug gun" is usually a rifled shotgun. Regular(smooth bore) shotguns can fire slugs, but not accurately. Choke usually doesn't matter either, but I wouldn't use one with a full choke, just to be on the safe side.
Cylinder-bore tubes will fire a rifled slug pretty accurately out to 100 yards or so, the drop in trajectory at that range is about 10 inches. I've watched stationary shots taken on human-size targets as far out as 300 yards. The (very recommended) gunsite video titled "tactical shotgun" demonstrates this.

In reality you can shoot rifled slugs out of any shotgun choke. A (12ga) full-choke constricts at .69 hundredths of an inch, the same diameter as a 12ga slug. Passing through a full-choke the soft lead 'rifling' simply swages or squeezes down a bit with close to no increase in pressure. So safety is really a non-issue.

Last edited by ray bateson; June 3rd, 2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: clarity

Old August 11th, 2011 #8
DC in N.C.

It will most likely have issues as anything new usually does so I would wait and let someone else deal with the headaches.
I much rather prefer a mossy 930 myself. $480 for a semi-auto shotgun isn't bad.

Tags
best shotgun, shortest legal shotgun

Thread