Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old May 5th, 2012 #1
Craig Cobb
Banned

Woodpecker Anzio Ironworks-.338-.50 Lapua/20mm Takedown-Shoot 1.42 to 1.98 Miles Through Engine Blocks

Effective range of this weapon is 1.98863 miles = 3500 yards. It will shoot through engine blocks.
http://www.anzioironworks.com/Anzio-20-50.html

Effective range of this weapon is .852272 miles = 1,500 yards
http://www.anzioironworks.com/338-La...down-rifle.htm

Effective range of this weapon is 1.98863 miles = 3500 yards. It will shoot through engine blocks. 20mm is approx. 1 1/2 times as large as .50 caliber.
http://www.anzioironworks.com/20MM-TAKE-DOWN-RIFLE.htm
The 20 mm caliber is a specific size of cannon or autocannon ammunition.
There are few weapons (aside from shotguns and large game hunting rifles) which have been built that fire projectiles between .50 caliber (0.50 inch/12.7 mm, roughly 13 mm caliber) and 20 mm caliber, though the 14.5 mm caliber is used by some Soviet machineguns such as the KPV and antitank rifles such as PTRS, PTRD, and NTW-20.
A very small number of anti-tank rifles have been produced in 20 mm and larger calibers.
20_mm_caliber 20_mm_caliber

Mag fed 20mm
http://www.anzioironworks.com/MAG-FED-20MM-RIFLE.htm

Weighs only 13.5 lbs--claimed to be lightest .50 cal ever made.
http://www.anzioironworks.com/light_50.htm

Last edited by Craig Cobb; May 5th, 2012 at 10:40 PM.

Old May 6th, 2012 #2
Craig Cobb
Banned

FBI buys Anzio Ironworks semi-auto 20mm 2 mile Cannons to use against Kwans:

From left to right: .223, .338 lapua, 50BMG, 20MM Vulcan

FBI Buys Anzio Ironworks Mag-Fed 20mm. Why?
Posted on June 20, 2010 by Robert Farago

Over at tactical-life.com, commentator Private Blanchard is not impressed with the FBI’s decision to purchase the Anzio Ironworks Mag-Fed 20mm (yours for $11,900).
What a waste of money on the government’s part. Why in the world would, of all Federal Agencies, the FBI need 20mm rifles to engage targets a thousands of yards away? The only time these rifles are going to be fired is at the shooting range, then after that they will be placed back in the armory until the next time they are taken to the shooting range. The FBI has no worldly reason to 20mm guns other than to say they have them. The fed’s need to get priorities straight.
I say, take those rifle’s away from the FBI and put them in the hands of U.S. Army and Marine Corps snipers and let them have a night out on the town in Afghanistan, where they will have legitimate purpose because the ranges that this rifle can hit targets at are comfortably within reach. Our snipers could definitely have a serious effect on the morale of the insurgents. Not only would the insurgents have to contend with air power and artillery, now they will be sniped away at 4,900 yards, hundreds of times farther than Rob Furlong’s record breaking shot. Sorry if I’m venting but does everyone else see my logic?
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-fed-20mm-why/

Last edited by Craig Cobb; May 6th, 2012 at 06:22 AM.

Old May 6th, 2012 #3
C. Grady Tucker

C. Grady Tucker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Cobb View Post
FBI buys Anzio Ironworks semi-auto 20mm 2 mile Cannons to use against Kwans:

From left to right: .223, .338 lapua, 50BMG, 20MM Vulcan

FBI Buys Anzio Ironworks Mag-Fed 20mm. Why?
Posted on June 20, 2010 by Robert Farago

Over at tactical-life.com, commentator Private Blanchard is not impressed with the FBI’s decision to purchase the Anzio Ironworks Mag-Fed 20mm (yours for $11,900).
What a waste of money on the government’s part. Why in the world would, of all Federal Agencies, the FBI need 20mm rifles to engage targets a thousands of yards away? The only time these rifles are going to be fired is at the shooting range, then after that they will be placed back in the armory until the next time they are taken to the shooting range. The FBI has no worldly reason to 20mm guns other than to say they have them. The fed’s need to get priorities straight.
I say, take those rifle’s away from the FBI and put them in the hands of U.S. Army and Marine Corps snipers and let them have a night out on the town in Afghanistan, where they will have legitimate purpose because the ranges that this rifle can hit targets at are comfortably within reach. Our snipers could definitely have a serious effect on the morale of the insurgents. Not only would the insurgents have to contend with air power and artillery, now they will be sniped away at 4,900 yards, hundreds of times farther than Rob Furlong’s record breaking shot. Sorry if I’m venting but does everyone else see my logic?
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...-fed-20mm-why/
Ah, but a commentator at thetruthaboutguns has a different take.

Quote:
TM McCormick says:
August 28, 2011 at 15:25

I don’t see an issue, depending on how many were purchased. Firstly, $12k per rifle is trivial when speaking in terms of any Federal Agency’s budget. Secondly, private citizens are increasingly able to purchase and maintain med-high quality, high caliber long range weapons, not to mention the crew served weapons also available on the common market (privided one lives in the right place and has the right credentials). God forbid someone actually manage to amass this type of equipment and attempt some sort of insurgency in America- we know that Hezbollah and Al Qaeda have already been trying- a weapon that can make an effective vehicle kill at 2 miles away, or a personnel kill at nearly 3, would be exceptionally useful to the FBI. Even more so since the military is not authorized to operate on a combat footing within US borders, and the FBI, US Marshals, and DEA are.
This is the mentality we are up against, and it even shows up here with the bleats of "No harm shall be come to anyone with White Skin". Flag sucking, Yahoo asswipes.

Old May 6th, 2012 #4
Mr. Bowmont

Mr. Bowmont

Oh man you have no idea how many years i've been going to that website and drooling over their 20mm rifle. I've wanted one so very badly. I don't even care that the ammo is 10 dollars a round.

Old May 6th, 2012 #5
Mr. Bowmont

Mr. Bowmont

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Grady Tucker View Post
Ah, but a commentator at thetruthaboutguns has a different take.

This is the mentality we are up against, and it even shows up here with the bleats of "No harm shall be come to anyone with White Skin". Flag sucking, Yahoo asswipes.
His idea that U.S. troops are not allow to do 'combat footings' on American soil is so very not true. There are two clear instances that will allow American soldiers to fight on American soil. A) During a time of war and B) National Guard during times of Martial Law called by the Governor and Active military when the President does.

Old May 6th, 2012 #6
Nate Richards

Nate Richards

The truck mount in a van would be pretty neat but I guess you gotta open front windows when you're ready to go, and good ear PLUGS, not just muffs.

Quote:
His idea that U.S. troops are not allow to do 'combat footings' on American soil is so very not true.
Already been done a few times anyway. Delta Force was at Waco, did a good job of protecting us all from those burning, screaming women and kids who were trying to exit rear of building.

Last edited by Nate Richards; May 6th, 2012 at 10:20 AM.

Old May 6th, 2012 #7
Craig Cobb
Banned

Woodpecker

If Bob Mathews had had one reinforced-bolted down and sandbagged and opened the rear doors of a van onto a known-loaded armored car, I bet he would have gotten the money a lot quicker.

Tags
20mm, 50 caliber, anzio ironworks, lapua, takedown

Thread