VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 10th, 2008 #1
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Default David Ahenakew (Canada)

Ahenakew facing another hatred trial

By Jennifer Graham, THE CANADIAN PRESS

David Ahenakew speaks during a press conference in Saskatoon, Sask. on Friday July 8, 2005. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Troy Fleece

REGINA - Former aboriginal leader David Ahenakew will be tried a second time on a charge of wilfully promoting hatred, Saskatchewan's Justice Ministry announced Friday.

Ahenakew's lawyer called the decision "vindictive" and questioned what a new trial would accomplish.

"It seems cruel and unusual to put a man through another trial when he's already apologized for the spontaneous comment he regrets making," said lawyer Doug Christie.

"It's vindictive," he said. "Once you've made a statement for which you've apologized, it seems to me there's no evidence of intent to promote hatred."

Ahenakew was originally convicted in provincial court of wilfully promoting hate and fined $1,000 for comments he made in 2002.

Court heard how the former chief of the Assembly of First Nations referred to Jews as a "disease." Ahenakew made the comments when he was approached by a reporter after a speech in which Ahenakew appeared to blame Jews for the Second World War.

He appealed, and his conviction was overturned in 2006.

Chief Justice Robert Laing of Court of Queen's Bench ruled that the trial judge did not properly assess whether Ahenakew had the requisite intent to be convicted of a hate crime.

The Crown then took the case to the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal. Last month, that court dismissed the Crown's appeal. It ruled that while Ahenakew's remarks about Jews were "brutal," he was not wilfully promoting hatred toward them when he spoke with the reporter.

That decision left the Crown with three options: retry the case, stay the charges or appeal to the Supreme Court.

"In our mind, it was an appropriate case to proceed back to trial on," Daryl Rayner, head of the ministry's public prosecutions branch, said Friday. "The case really hasn't been decided."

Rayner said Ahenakew was originally prosecuted because the Crown believed that there was a reasonable likelihood of success and that it was in the public interest to do so. He said the case still meets that standard.

"I don't think there's any dispute in terms of what took place," said Rayner. "It's just whether or not this is an offence or not, and so in our mind this was still appropriate to take before the courts."

Rayner said he hoped the case could go to trial in provincial court this year.

Reached at his Victoria office Friday afternoon, Christie said the 74-year-old Ahenakew had not yet heard of the decision to proceed with a new trial. But the lawyer was adamant that the fight will continue.

"It'll be strongly contested," said Christie. "If I have anything to say about it, there'll be an effort made to resist this criminal charge."

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...772030-cp.html

CJC wanted Supreme Court to review Ahenakew case

Updated Sun. Feb. 3 2008 12:16 PM ET

The Canadian Press

TORONTO -- The Canadian Jewish Congress says it would have preferred if the case of a former Saskatchewan Indian leader who referred to Jews as a disease had been appealed to the Supreme Court Of Canada.

David Ahenakew, a former Assembly of First Nations leader, was convicted of wilfully promoting hatred in 2005 over the remarks and fined $1,000.

The conviction was later overturned by the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal and a new trial was ordered.

Congress spokesman Jordan Kerbel said while grateful for the retrial decision, the organization believes justice would have been served by an appeal to the Supreme Court.

The charge arose out of remarks made by Ahenakew at a conference in 2002, as well as comments he made in an interview with a newspaper reporter.

In the interview, he said Nazi leader Adolf Hitler came to power to prevent Jews from taking over Europe.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...203?hub=Canada

Last edited by Alex Linder; February 10th, 2008 at 07:26 PM.

Old March 13th, 2008 #2
Jimmy Dean
Whole Hog Sausage

Default Second Trial For "Jews As Disease" Remark

Second Ahenakew trial set for November

By Betty Ann Adam,
TheStarPhoenix.com
March 10, 2008
David Ahenakew

David Ahenakew agreed to a November 24 start date for the retrial of his hate crime charge when he appeared in Saskatoon provincial court this morning, but he wasn't happy about it.

"Can't it be any sooner? It's been six years for me. It'll be 10 years before its finished," the former leader of the Assembly of First Nations said to Judge Robert Jackson.

Ahenakew asked if the trial could be held at a court house at his home reserve of Ahtahkakoop to speed the matter. Ahtakakoop is 150 kilometres north of Prince Albert.

Jackson said the November date was actually fairly soon considering the busy court schedule, and the location was not so much a factor in the timing as the availability of the court staff and lawyers.

Ahenakew, 74, was convicted in 2005 of inciting hatred in relation to anti-semitic comments he made in 2002 at a health conference sponsored by the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations and in a recorded interview with a StarPhoenix reporter.

Ahenakew referred to Jewish people as a disease trying to take over the world, blamed them for starting the Second World War and said Adolf Hitler was right when he "fried" six million Jews.

He was fined $1,000 and appealed the conviction. In 2006, the Court of Queen's Bench ordered a new trial, a decision that was upheld by the Saskatchewan Court of Appeal this January.

The new trial is set for November 24 to 28 at Court of Queen's Bench.

Ahenakew's lawyer, Doug Christie, was not present but had previously agreed to be available for the trial on those days, said Crown prosecutor Brent Klause.

Source:
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarp...a03ad1&k=50428

Old March 13th, 2008 #3
Jimmy Dean
Whole Hog Sausage

Default Petition To Sack David Ahenakew For 2002 Remarks

Resignation of Terry Nelson
as Chief of Roseau River First Nation
and immediate return of
David Ahenakew's Order of Canada medal

To: Government of Canada and the Assembly of First Nations

This petition addresses the comments made by former Grand Chief of the Assembly of First Nations, David Ahenakew, and Roseau River First Nation Chief, Terry Nelson.

In December of 2002, David Ahenakew made the following comments during a speaking engagement before the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations:

"During the speech, he complained about bigotry in Canadian society and accused the media of creating racial conflict. When asked by a reporter to clarify his comments, he said the Holocaust was justified.

"How do you get rid of a disease like that, that's going to take over, that's going to dominate?" he said. "The Jews damn near owned all of Germany prior to the war. That's how Hitler came in. He was going to make damn sure that the Jews didn't take over Germany or Europe.

"That's why he fried six million of those guys, you know. Jews would have owned the God damned world. And look what they're doing. They're killing people in Arab countries."

During his subsequent trial for promoting hatred in Canada, Ahenakew said that,

"…….he still believes Jews were the cause of the Second World War.

The former head of the Assembly of First Nations and member of the Order of Canada is charged under the Criminal Code with wilfully promoting hatred against an identifiable group. "So you still believe today, in 2005, that the Jewish people started the Second World War?" Crown prosecutor Brent Klause asked Ahenakew.

"Yes," he responded."

He also claimed that the reporter who taped his remarks should have been the one charged with a hate crime for filing his report and publishing it and, finally, he claimed that the reason for his outburst in 2002 was that he had mixed diabetes medicine with wine the previous evening:

David Ahenakew's lawyer says diabetes, extra medication and wine led his client to make the anti-Semitic remarks for which he is now on trial.

Speaking outside court Wednesday afternoon, Doug Christie told reporters that he will present evidence that proves his theory as he brings forward his case over the next two days.

"He was certainly not feeling well that day and wouldn't have said these things if he was feeling well," Christie said.

"His medication had recently been doubled caused clearly by a chemical imbalance in the blood being related to diabetes. In addition to that he had two glasses of wine the night before.

"I think in those circumstances it's pretty obvious that he wasn't measuring his words the way he would normally do."

In December, 1978, David Ahenakew was awarded the Order of Canada medal, "Canada's highest civllian honor, awarded to those who adhere to the Order's motto Desiderantes meliorem patriam meaning "they desire a better country."

The decision on the case will be handed down June 10, 2005

As the Ahenakew trial was reaching its conclusion, Roseau River Chief Terry Nelson sent a letter to the Winnipeg Free Press, dated April 9, 2005, asking,

Why is David Ahenakew angry at Jews? Why is he stating that the "Jews would have owned the goddamned world…They're killing people in the Arab countries". Jews do in fact own a lot of media and it is how they manage what Canadians view that angers many people. Look at how the National Post treats native issues or Arabs, the condemnation of Jewish controlled media is in black and white evidence. Real hatred of other people is clearly evident by their own words and actions, long before Ahenakew statements became public. CanWest Global Communications a Jewish owned multi-national owns two hundred media outlets throughout Canada and the world. Does anyone ever examine the hatred that this group teaches about First Nations people in Canada?

Charles Adler, a Jewish immigrant from Hungry, the voice of Jews, a man paid by Global to be a spokesman of the Asper empire, given tremendous access to mainstream Manitoba media through CJOB, the Winnipeg Sun and now Global National television wrote and spoke hatred of indigenous people. Not once did he get condemned or reprimanded by his Jewish employers. Why does David Ahenakew scream that he is a victim of a holocaust? Listen to what is printed and said of indigenous people by Jewish people who pay to publish these opinions, and not once are these people charged by RCMP nor are they ever condemned in Jewish controlled media.

Terry Nelson is a convicted criminal who attempted to bribe the residents of his First Nation with gasoline for voting in the 2004 Canadian Federal election. In 1997, he was convicted of operating illegal gambling machines. In 1998, he visited Iraq and compared the plight of Iraqis to Canadian Aboriginals.

When he apologized for the anti-Semitic remarks, he placed the blame on the fact that he had written the letter "….at 1 a.m. and did not spend enough time reviewing it properly.'" He also added, "……he didn't know what was anti-Semitic about his remarks. And he continued to suggest that Jews were somehow implicated in an alleged media conspiracy against aboriginals.

"I do not intend to sit back if Jewish writers continue to write hateful articles or air hatred against my people," Nelson said.

"Is it anti-Semitic of me to challenge Jews who attack First Nations? If it is, then I am anti-Semitic and there is nothing I can do about it because I have no intention of letting anyone, Jew or otherwise, attack my people." (Winnipeg Free Press, April 19,2005).

This was not the first anti-Semitic outburst by Terry Nelson, In a 2003 letter addressed to CanWest Global Communications, he wrote:

Charles Adler is a Jew, the voice of Jews, a man paid by Global to be a spokesman of the Asper empire. He has tremendous access to mainstream Manitoba media through CJOB and Winnipeg Sun. Show me where Charles Adler wrote or said anything positive about indigenous people and yet he continues to be paid to express the hatred he feels towards my people.

Terry Nelson and David Ahenakew are pathological anti-Semites. They subscribe to the most vile, atavistic forms of anti-Semitism, taken straight out of such forged documents as the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, as well as the basic tenants of Nazi ideology.

We are asking for the immediate resignation of Terry Nelson as Chief of Roseau River First Nation. Canadian taxpayers should not have to provide the funding that finances an individual with such hatred, and an obvious lack of reason.

We are also asking for the immediate return of David Ahenakew's Order of Canada medal. Past winners of this accolade include Nelson Mandela, Wayne Gretzky, Terry Fox and beloved children's entertainer, Mr. Dressup.

The continuing inclusion of David Ahenakew in this order is an international embarrassment for Canada.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned

////Name//////////////////////////////////Comments
33. victor.v.pierre////////////////////////mr.nelson has to prove to all the band members he is worthy of representing these people in matters that benefit all community members on&off the reserve.all he can prove is just the opposite of being upfront.he belongs in a pack not in a community of people.

32. Jake Teichroeb///////////////////////Terry Nelson needs to listen to his people if he really cares about them...He is the reason they don't have the necessary funds to repair the infrastructure in their community. He lines his pockets, and then blames everyone else when there is nothing left for the people it really belongs to.....SHAME ON MR. NELSON

31. Elaine Stefanick/////////////////////Terry Nelson was just seen commenting on CBC Sunday Morning, his comments were about the new smoke shop and gas bar being built in the Rosseau, Man. municipality. His comments were disgraceful and racist and demonstrate the ongoing reason why Aboriginals and Canadians have such a hard time coexisting. He should be charged for being a racist and instigating racism, just like Ahenikew.

30. rachel

29. Roseau Vally Scool Students.///////Why can't you pay off your bill to the school in D.C?What happen to the million of dollars the came in?

28. Heather Larsen//////////////////////Obviously he is a racist man who has no right to gov't funding which comes from all Canadians including Jewish Canadians.

27. Avory

26. Alexandra////////////////////////////hi cuz im Thelma's daughter

25. jr/////////////////////////////////////you ARE BOUND by the Laws of Canada; you live in this country and you abide by Canadian rules INCLUDING SMOKING LAWS; you are no different or better than the rest of us

24. Thomas Pirovano

23. Paul Ostrus

22. Laura Lefebvre//////////////////////why do native people seem to be exempt from any form of personal responsibility for their words or behavior? It's time to put an end to this nonsense!

21. line voided

20. line voided

19. Alice McKay////////////////////////I myself am of aboriginal ethnic and I am embarrassed. I can't believe that my poeople and I elect people like Terry Nelson and David Ahenakew to represent us and be our voice in Canadian Society. They have embarrassed and shamed us all.

18. Melanie Kelso

17. John Brunelle///////////////////////These guys have had one too many for the road...

16. John Brunelle//////////////////////These guys have had one too many for the road...

15. H Turner

14. Chris Smith, P.Eng////////////////He is a disgrace, remove his Order of Canada, anyone in Canada deserves it more than him

13. Paul Tonner///////////////////////These people are a disgrace to Canada

12. Sean McCormick
11. L. Davison

10. Jay Sokoloff

9. Robert Huck////////////////////////Racist comments like those emanating from Ahenakew and Nelson have no place in the Order of Canada or the in the council of First Nations.

8. Stephen Shore/////////////////////repulsive, offensive, gross

7. Benjamin Bach

6. Ryan

5. Dave Campbell//////////////////////airplane glue is not a 'medication'

4. Hal Incandenza

3. Dean Cardno/////////////////////////It is the right thing to do; are you not ashamed to have David Ahenakew hold the highest honour of our land? We are all diminished by this. Call off the criminal prosecution - let him live out his pathetic life without state interference - but don't include him as an example of a great Canadian.

2. Kyle Genaille

1. Darcey Jerrom

Source:
http://www.petitiononline.com/nelahen/petition.html

Last edited by Jimmy Dean; March 13th, 2008 at 08:29 PM. Reason: add source

Old March 13th, 2008 #4
Mark Kerpolt

Thumbs up

I haven't heard about him in years, I actually thought about him not long ago. Thanks for posting this up!

Old April 1st, 2008 #5
Jimmy Dean
Whole Hog Sausage

Default David Ahenakew Reinstated

Reinstatement
Ridiculous

The StarPhoenix
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
David Ahenakew

This has to be regarded as a sad day for the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations.

Once regarded as the most organized and effective First Nations organizations in the country, the FSIN is well on its way to rendering itself irrelevant.

There is no better proof of that than the chiefs' move to reinstate David Ahenakew to his seat on the FSIN senate. This can only be regarded as a vote of confidence in a man who has publicly endorsed mass murder. This, after all, is the man whose considered view is Adolf Hitler "cleaned up a hell of a lot of things."....

....That the FSIN could choose to ignore his record and restore him to an honorary post within Native government is not only an affront to Jewish people, it's a stick in the eye to society at large.

The message is that First Nations government in Saskatchewan cares not a whit about Ahenakew's long-standing biases. The chiefs intend to look after their own, no matter how much it smells....

...The question for Chief Lawrence Joseph is this. Why should anyone take his organization seriously when it can brush off an endorsement of the Holocaust as nothing more than a personal idiosyncrasy?

Source:
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarp...fb7649538a&p=1

David Ahenakew presenting Myles Venne with pipe

Saskatchewan website:
http://www.sicc.sk.ca/faces/mahenda.htm

Old April 3rd, 2008 #6
Alex Linder
Administrator

See how the papers are going out of their way to make Ahenakew look bad with photos? Almost nobody looks good 3/4 view. This is deliberate, of course. Try to make the subject look angry, vicious or smug.

Old April 4th, 2008 #7
Mike Tollverein
Almightyvoice

Default The Public Hanging Of David Ahenakew

I believe racism is over-rated, if not under-rated, from the Aboriginal perspective. Since 1969’s white paper policy, Aboriginal politicians have lobbied to give our children a fighting chance to survive in an unjust society, since then they have lobbied against a predominantly white ruling class society. Last I checked, (depending which stats you quote) Aboriginal people represent 4.3 percent of the overall Canadian population. The politics of race is undeniably a conscious reality for Aboriginal politicians. Government policy on Aboriginal peoples is dictated by the status quo, the dominant society of Canadian population, to which is continuously reverberated by the mass media in terms of promoting and maintaining the status quo (the tyranny of the majority in a democratic society). Some would go as far as to argue the mass media designs and manifests public opinion for the purpose of Government policy agenda. Historical Government policy is reflected in the current continual political and socio/economic marginalization of Aboriginal peoples. Hence, the reason why the Indian Affairs minister and the Sask. Provincial Premier’s opportunity to jump into the thick of the FSIN controversy.

With that in mind, David Ahenakew is/was an Aboriginal veteran in the politics of race, now I do not agree nor condone the comments he made about the Jewish community. I believe somewhere along the way in his hardened political lobbying against the nation state, in his resolve of politics of race, someone fed him the garbage of a distorted hateful view on historical facts of WW2 holocaust, and ran with it. Our Constitutional right of freedom of expression means to express the right to say dumb stupid things every now and then, but if we do not receive negative feedback on hurtful comments, no human growth will take place. I believe he has learned his lesson (to say the least) because before he made his controversial comments, he believed he was untouchable and thought that he earned the right to say whatever popped into his head. After all, up to that point of his political career he earned a good track record as a former Chief of the Assembly of First nations, FSIN,(Organizations that he helped build from the ground up), an ambassador to the United Nations, and as such received the prestigious award of The Order of Canada, further he had what only few Aboriginal politician had access to; the privilege to mingle within the corridors of power with high profile political power brokers due to his status at the time.

As a consequence, many people within the establishment of the FSIN dared not speak against or disagreed with him on any issues. Indeed, he was on a “high horse” and one thing I learned from my elders is that; it is morally wrong to place our elders or any other dignitaries on a pedestal, because they are only human, and as such they are capable of making mistakes like any other fellow humans among us. Once a person or society puts people on a pedestal it is very hard to bring them down, and when they do come down; THEY COME DOWN HARD with collateral consequences.

I agree with Chief Lawrence Joseph (FSIN), forgiveness has always been part of our traditional value system, when warranted and given in the right way (shaming the conduct, not the person). If a person humbly asks for forgiveness from his people, and has learned his/her mistake, then hope and redemption is possible for any person, there has to be. Traditionally, Aboriginal people never gave up on their people, it is a value system that we are desperately trying to revive in our communities, a customary practice that many of the senators of FSIN hold. I believe as a result of the personal nightmare that David Ahenakew has been experiencing, he MAY morph into a better person, if forgiveness is the prevailing sentiment by the people and the establishment of the FSIN. If not, then he may become a bitter racist old man with unresolved hurtful wounds that will fester and surely blame the Jews for his downfall well into his grave. But guaranteed, if forgiveness is the prevailing attitude and dignity is restored then David Ahenakew will heal and gain wisdom from this experience that he continues to endure, it is an opportunity that the FSIN senate is trying to tap into; wisdom that the FSIN and its representatives can benefit. However, in the long run he will never regain the same status that he once enjoyed before his self imposed demise; those days are gone for him.

I believe the power of our customary practice of forgiveness is something that the culture of the dominant society does not understand in terms of its power to move the hardened to become human once more in our society, exactly what the FSIN senate is trying to do, thus the current public outrage. Unfortunately as a result of the growing outrage, allowing forgiveness a chance to prevail is not going to happen. (Unless our people stand together, including our non-Aboriginal allies)

The dominant society that is strategically expressed by the mass media will not rest until they have exhausted the public hanging of David Ahenakew and any other INDIAN organization associated with him. My concern is that this issue is giving rise for ammunition by the status quo a license to have an open season on Aboriginal peoples of Saskatchewan. This issue of course is causing further divisions, to an already fractured society, among Aboriginal peoples, to take sides and to continue fighting amongst ourselves, to which is a tragedy in itself. Colonialism is still alive and well (Divide and Conquer)...so there you go, I just made some controversial comments. Happy hunting.

Old April 5th, 2008 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

Your statement rests on the assumption that what Ahenakew said is wrong. It isn't. What he said is factually correct.

Old April 5th, 2008 #9
T. Kadijevic
† Chaotic Christian †

He is my kind of Injun. He should be supported. When it comes to matters of free speech and freedom of thought, we're all the same in this instance.
"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him...." ------ John 8:44

Old April 11th, 2008 #10
Mike Tollverein
Almightyvoice

Quote:
Your statement rests on the assumption that what Ahenakew said is wrong. It isn't. What he said is factually correct.
I agree with your statement, my piece was directed to the op-eds, and due to the limits of free speech and the consolidation of the media by a very small powerful group (Council on Foreign relation), I had to draft my arguement from a right wing politically correct standpoint. I know for a fact the Rockefeller and Rothschild family control (own) world economy. However, I cannot claim this without risking being labelled as an anti-semite.

P.S administrator, who is mike Tollverein?

"Vengence is an exercise in futility, instead KILL your enemies with LOVE."

Last edited by Mike Tollverein; April 11th, 2008 at 02:19 PM. Reason: clerical errors

Old November 25th, 2008 #11
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

FUCKING GOVERNMENT

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2...522771-cp.html
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...124?hub=Canada
http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Can...4/7515886.html
http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarp...d-5a6b6e8df140
http://canwest.a.mms.mavenapps.net/m...Object=3221195

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Tollverein
...Aboriginal politicians have lobbied to give our children a fighting chance to survive in an unjust society, since then they have lobbied against a predominantly white ruling class society...
How much White blood do you have? How about Mr. Ahenakew, how much White blood does he have?

Old November 28th, 2008 #12
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
Video

Old November 28th, 2008 #13
F.W. Braun
Banned

Note that this poor man has been professionally and personally ruined and humiliated, he’s Order of Canada taken away, and dragged in front of all sorts of tribunals for about 6 years now, all for expressing an opinion about The Self-Chosen in an unguarded moment. ["Are we powerful or what?"] However, all this presents a little bit of a problem or dilemma for the multiculti Left as Ahenakew is a minority…and not just any minority, a member of Canada’s First Nations!

SASKATCHEWAN (CBC) - Former First Nations leader David Ahenakew told a Saskatoon court Thursday he doesn't hate Jews, only "what they do to people."

Ahenakew, 75, is on trial for a second time for wilfully promoting hatred after making controversial remarks about Jewish people at a 2002 First Nations health conference, and then again to reporters afterwards.

Taking the stand in his own defence Thursday, Ahenakew said his feelings about Jewish people, whom he maintains caused the Second World War, took shape during a tour of duty with the Canadian military in the Middle East.

"Everybody says 'I'm a Jew-hater,"' he said. "I don't hate the Jews, but I hate what they do to people."

Ahenakew told the court about seeing how the Palestinians were living while serving as a peacekeeper in the Gaza Strip in 1964, relating that to his own experience living on a First Nations reserve in Canada.

He described his job keeping anti-personnel landmines fenced and how those fences were torn down and children killed. Ahenakew accused the Israelis of taking down the fences. [The Jews are a highly ethical people.]

"I thought it was unjust. I thought it was cruel," he said.

At the health conference in 2002, Ahenakew claimed Jewish people started the Second World War. During the interview with a Saskatoon StarPhoenix reporter that followed, Ahenakew referred to Jewish people as a disease.

"The Jews damn near owned all of Germany prior to the war. That's how Hitler came in. He was going to make damn sure that the Jews didn't take over Germany or Europe ... That's why he fried six million of those guys, you know. Jews would have owned the God damned world," he told the reporter.

When asked Thursday if he still believes what he said, Ahenakew answered "yes."

His lawyer has claimed Ahenakew thought the exchange with the reporter was a private conversation, although the reporter has said a tape recorder was in clear view.

Ahenakew told the court that he never should have made those comments, and that he was struggling to find the appropriate language to explain himself to the reporter.

"Disease wasn't the word I wanted to use," said Ahenakew. "I'm not making any excuses, but Cree is my first language."

He also testified about the state of his health on the day of the conference. He is diabetic and he said at that time his blood sugar levels were going up and down like a yo-yo. When his sugar was up he would get excited and jittery, when it went down he would get dizzy, he said.

Ahenakew, a former head of the Federation of Saskatchewan Indian Nations and the Assembly of First Nations, also described his achievements in building First Nations institutions, which earned him an Order of Canada that was later stripped.

Ahenakew testified he still has the medal at home, but said if someone wants it they can come and get it.

This is the aboriginal leader's second trial, after an earlier conviction in 2005 was overturned on appeal. He will continue his testimony Friday.

(with files from Canadian Press)

Old November 28th, 2008 #14
Adi18
Banned

I'm glad to see someone got around to putting him in here, I was so proud yesterday when I saw the newsflash about what he said.... "I don't hate the jews, I just hate what they do to people". That's going to go down in history as a great quote I think, right along with "Don't blame the jews, blame those who bend to their ways"-Dr. Frederick Tobin
It's great to see someone standing up to the jew, considering they stripped him of his order of Canada but have now given one to a jew murderer abortionist Henry Morgentaler.

I love this quote from one of the articles below, I actually have this newsclipping hanging up on my wall, I guess you have to live where I do and see indians sniffing gasoline all the time to understand it's significance.
Quote:
Terry Nelson is a convicted criminal who attempted to bribe the residents of his First Nation with gasoline for voting in the 2004 Canadian Federal election.
You can't even make that kind of stuff up, it's too good to be true!

Here are the courageous words of this North American Indian leader in their original context. I think even Hitler would have been left speechless, like wow, I didn't mean go that far.......

Quote:
THE COMMENTS WERE SHOCKING. AFTER ADDRESSING a conference on native health issues in Saskatoon last December, David Ahenakew, the former national chief of the Assembly of First Nations, told a reporter that Jews are a "disease" that Hitler was just trying to "clean up."

"The Jews damn near owned all of Germany prior to the war. That's how Hitler came in. And he was going to make damn sure that the Jews didn't take over Germany or Europe. That's why he fried six million of those guys, you know. Jews would have owned the goddamned world," Ahenakew told a Saskatoon StarPhoenix reporter, adding that Jews today control the banks and media. "Look at here in Canada, Asper. Izzy(Israel) Asper He controls the media.(CANWEST GLOBAL NEWS, WINNIPEG FREE PRESS, THE GLOBE AND MAIL) Well, what the hell does that tell you?"
I've awakened a few indians to the fact that the jew is the reason why their lives turned out shitty, that they're behind the immigration of Europeans to North America, and the Indians thank me after they realize what I've told them.

Old November 29th, 2008 #15
Adi18
Banned

Here is David Ahenakew's background, this is a perfect example of the jew treats war heroes who fought for their country only to find out they really fought for the jew.
I'm really impressed with the fact he hasn't recanted on the stand.

David Ahenakew presenting Myles Venne with pipe

Quote:
The election of David Ahenakew to the position of president in 1968 signalled a marked change in the style of leadership up to this point. Ahenakew was born on July 28, 1933, at Sandy Lake Indian Reserve. In 1951 he married Grace Ahenakew and together they had three sons and two daughters. He also joined the army in 1951 where he would serve sixteen years. He achieved the rank of sergeant while serving in Germany, Egypt and the Korean Conflict. He was awarded " The Canadian Decoration" for distinguished service and good conduct in 1964. Also during this time he completed his education, which would help him later in his battles on behalf of the Indians of Saskatchewan. In 1967 Ahenakew accepted a position with the Saskatchewan government as a placement and training officer, which gave him the opportunity to work closely with band councils. A year later in 1968, he became employed with the FSI as a communications worker and he was then elected president later in the year.

Ahenakew, like Knight and Bellegarde, was also a veteran. His long period of service in the army very much influenced his decision to enter into politics: "I could see that what was happening to our people was the same kind of exploitation and degradation I had seen in Korea and Egypt."

Ahenakew's veteran background was perhaps the only thing he really had in common with the three previous presidents. Ahenakew was a transitional leader. His election as president really marked a generational change within the leadership of the organization. Ahenakew was well educated, energetic, ambitious and in relation to past leaders, he was quite young. Elected when he was 35, Ahenakew was the youngest person to hold the position of president up to that point. Ahenakew was certainly the new, young vibrant leader that the Indian electorate seemed to be looking for at this time. Ahenakew built upon the foundation laid by Tootoosis, Knight, Bellegarde and Deiter. He set the FSI on the course of building and organizing the programs and institutions of today.

Ahenakew accomplished many tasks during his term in office, such as successfully negotiating federal/provincial Indian government relations in Saskatchewan and releasing a report entitled "Indian Education in Saskatchewan," which outlined the unsatisfactory situation affecting the education of Indians in the province. Ahenakew was also instrumental in the establishment of the Saskatchewan Indian Cultural College and the Saskatchewan Indian Federated College in 1972, serving as an original board member of both institutions. It was also during this time that he helped organize a radio and communications network for Saskatchewan Indians. In 1976 David Ahenakew was presented with an honourary LL.D. by the University of Regina and he received the Order of Canada in 1978 for his dedication and commitment to the advancement of Indian rights. David Ahenakew was a founding member of the National Indian Brotherhood and the World Council of Indigenous Peoples. He was also elected Chief of the Assembly of First Nations(AFN) in 1982.

Ahenakew was an outspoken leader and often emphasized that Indian people should not wait around for the government to do things for them, but that they should take responsibility for their rights: "We will never secure our rights and have our authority recognized by sitting around asking somebody to recognize them[for us]." This sentiment was most likely a result of his many years of training in the army, where recruits were taught independence and self-sufficiency, but it also reflects the confidence he had in the abilities of Indian people to secure their own rights.

If success is measured by longevity, then David Ahenakew was quite successful. He remained president of the FSI for ten years, the longest term ever held by a president or Chief in the organizations history.
http://www.sicc.sk.ca/faces/mahenda.htm
Quote:
Former FSI Chief Receives Order Of Canada Medal
SASKATCHEWAN INDIAN MAY 1979 v09 n05 p02
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photos courtesy of National Indian Brotherhood.
Dr. David Ahenakew, of Prince Albert, former Chief of the Federation of Saskatchewan Indians, was recently presented with the insignia of Member of the Order of Canada, by Governor-General Ed Schreyer at Government House in Ottawa.

The Order of Canada was established in 1967 to recognize outstanding achievement in all fields of endeavour and Dr. Ahenakew was appointed as a member on December 18, 1978.

During Dr. Ahenakew's 10 year reign as Chief, the Federation of Saskatchewan Indians accomplished several tasks. These include a 1972 report entitled "Indian Education in Saskatchewan", which outlined the unsatisfactory situation affecting the education of Indians in the province. Since then, there have been major improvements in the education of Saskatchewan Indians.

In 1972, the Federation established the Saskatchewan Indian Cultural College. In less than four years, it collaborated with the Saskatchewan Department of Continuing Education in the establishment of the Saskatchewan Indian Community College, with Dr. Ahenakew as one of the original board members.

In 1976, The Saskatchewan Indian Federated College was established at the University of Regina. In that same year, David Ahenakew was presented with an honorary LL.D. by the University of Regina.

Dr. Ahenakew is a founding member of the National Indian Brotherhood and a member of the NIB Executive Council. He was involved with the Indian Education Legislation Committee, as well as the Indian Act Revision Committee. He also participated on a three member policy committee and task force which studied new approaches to Indian Administration. The other two members were Mr. Arthur Kruger, Deputy Minister of Indian Affairs, and Dr. Lloyd Barber, University of Regina.

He was a member of the NIB-United Nations Committee with observer status and a member of the World Indigenous Peoples Council.

Born in 1933, Dr. Ahenakew was raised on a farm on the Sandy Lake Indian Reserve. Sandy Lake is one of the four Bands in the Shellbrook Indian Agency.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.sicc.sk.ca/saskindian/a79may02.htm

Old November 29th, 2008 #16
Mike Jahn
Banned

Lightbulb

VNN should reach out to heroic Non-Whites like this and issue a statement in his defense.

Old November 29th, 2008 #17
Adi18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jahn View Post
VNN should reach out to heroic Non-Whites like this and issue a statement in his defense.
I was thinking the exact same thing comrade! It's going to be interesting times ahead for me, I live in the city with the highest concentration of indians in North America and the jewish Asper family is going to be building the Canadian Museum for Human rights in my city. For once I welcome the indians and their crazy sitdown tactics! It's going to be a hell of a good time to watch.

These are opportunities to make inroads though, because presently the jews are starting to offer the indians help financially.

To be honest, in Canada you have proud indians, and then you have boggins, there is a clear distinction, and they know it too. If we were to make inroads with the proud indians, they would wipe out the boggins with delight.

Old February 23rd, 2009 #18
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

DAVID AHENAKEW ACQUITTED!

Thank you Mr. Ahenakew
and
thank you Mr. Christie

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...hub=TopStories
http://news.sympatico.msn.ctv.ca/abc...w_trial_090223
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=574028
http://www.stormfront.org/forum/showthread.php?t=574666

I'll just repeat my comment from StormFront here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retloth
David Ahenakew ....a brave man. A true Native American, a warrior in his own rights. Thankyou David.

I second that. Thank you Mr. Ahenakew and thank you Mr. Doug Christie.

If I was Native American I would be extremely furious at the injustice that was done to Mr. Ahenakew. Why didn't Native Americans rally behind Mr. Ahenakew with the same passion as they do when they're making a land claim? I guess the mass programming system works on them too... they know there are certain topics you can't even speak of.

How much White blood does Ahenakew have? Just judging by his looks I'd say that he's at least 1/4 if not 1/2 White.

It ticks me off how those stinking judges throw in their own two cents into their judgements. Hey you dumb !@#$%^& 'judge'... I don't give a damn you don't approve of my comments... IT'S FREE SPEECH!!!

Old March 24th, 2009 #19
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

The government will not appeal Mr. Ahenakew's acquittal of 'hate crime' charges.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Can...3/8855996.html

The 'hate crime' was against Mr. Ahenakew.

Old March 14th, 2010 #20
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

Chief Ahenakew has died (Friday, March 12, 2010) at the age of 76 after a lengthy battle with cancer.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...b=TopStoriesV2

Thread