Antiochus Epiphanes
Ἀντίοχος Ἐπιφανὴς

1st link and then the second

Quote:
Aryan newspaper’s distribution garners complaints in Rogers
By Brook Reinhard Staff Writer [email protected]

Posted on Thursday, October 20, 2005

URL: http://www.nwanews.com/story.php?pap...&storyid=26724

ROGERS — A white supremacist newspaper distributed unsolicited literature to dozens of homes in Rogers on Tuesday, drawing complaints from a number of neighbors. "Just hateful, full of hate stuff," said Cpl. Kelley Cradduck of the Rogers Police Department in describing the material.

The Police Department spokesman said several homes owned by black families or that are next door to black families were targeted, as well as the entire 2300 block of West Hemlock and the 3000 block of West Margaret. "We had a white lady, a Hispanic, an African American complain — nobody wants this in their neighborhood," Cradduck said. "Nobody."

The newspaper, called The Aryan Alternative, is published out of Kirksville, Mo. Cradduck said an off-duty police officer saw a man in his 50s distributing the papers but didn’t think anything of it at the time.

If the man distributing the papers is located, he might be charged with a misdemeanor for harassment, Cradduck said. While the content of the paper is probably protected under the First Amendment, distributing unsolicited copies may not be. "The difference is the communication is offensive," he said, referring to a harassment statute that makes it unlawful to "harass or cause alarm" to anyone through anonymous or direct communication.

The paper has plenty to say about Jews, Mexicans, blacks, civil rights and hate crimes. It depicts Jews in a caricature evoking Nazi propaganda — older unshaven males with huge hook noses and shifty eyes — as it includes reminders for the reader to "keep yourself pure, keep yourself white." "The contents of this publication are 100 percent protected by the First Amendment, and anyone who tells you otherwise is a publicschool victim, a jew or a misinformed cop," the paper states on Page 2.

One Rogers resident who received the paper said he was surprised by its contents but said he wouldn’t want to see criminal charges brought against anyone for distributing it. "I thought it was a piece of trash because we pick up the trash on Tuesday," said Coleman, who didn’t want his last name used.

A father of four and an African American, Coleman lives off Walnut Street. "It was kind of shocking at first, then I started thinking about it: It’s the First amendment; they can write whatever they want," he said. "I believe in the First Amendment right. I believe people should be able to say anything they want in America. I would die defending that right.

" I don’t agree with what they have to say, and I don’t want to read their literature, so if it comes again, I’ll just throw it away. "

Copyright © 2001-2004 Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, Inc. All rights reserved. Contact: [email protected]

Thread