VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > News & Discussion > Uncensored Europe +
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old March 9th, 2016 #1
NewsFeed
News Bot

Post Check out how many comments Trip Advisor censored on a question asking about Refugees in Munich.

We have planned to travel to Munich and then drive through Austria from Sept. 19 - Oct. 5th. I'm wondering if anyone has been there the last few days and can tell us if it is still safe and good to visit there? The news coverage sometimes doesn't accurately portray what is really going on in my opinion so I'm a bit nervous. From what I've seen, the German and Austrian people are welcoming refugees and there doesn't seem to be conflict, however I wonder if the tourist attractions are now over run with people seeking shelter? Any input? Just looking for a safe trip and wish everyone well.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Train delays can occur at any time even when there were no border checks. One day the train can be on time, another time it may be delayed. Do allow a bit of time between trains if you have to catch an onward one.

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

read full article at source: http://www.tripadvisor.ie/ShowTopic-...a_Bavaria.html

Old March 9th, 2016 #2
Dawn Cannon

Here's an example (of many) from "United" Kingdom. Edinburgh:

“Not sure if it's a hotel a hostel or a refugee camp???”

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 16 September 2015

My husband and I and 2 friends stayed here for 1 night at the end of August, and we payed £290 for two rooms (£145 per room) for 1 night.

We arrived a little early and asked the staff at reception if we could put our over night bags somewhere safe till our room was ready and the answer (from a very rude receptionist) was "no, the store room is full". We asked if either of our rooms were maybe ready then, so we could place our bags in there while we went out for the day and to our surprise one room was ready.
It took ages to get the key but once we got it my friend and I went up to put our bags away.

We entered the room only to find that it was NOT ready as promised. The cleaners noticed our confusion and they were really sweet and lovely, they dropped what they were doing and while 2 of them started to clean the room a third went down to reception to complain. We waited patiently and thanked them for their troubles once they were done. Something i regret later on. :/

We dumped our bags and went to the bar for a drink before shopping and sightseeing. The cocktails were all energy drinks, so I decided not to have anything and my husband and his friend got what i think may be the flattest pint I have ever seen. The bar staff couldn't be bothered to change the barrel and just kept trying to get a little bit more out of the pump instead, just to fill the glass. So we decided to leave.

We came back that same evening and decided to sit in the lounge and chat and relax and have a (bottled) drink before heading upstairs.

While sitting in the lounge we kept hearing foreign arguments behind us. A group of young lads and lass' were banging doors and shouting at each other and all wondering around in their pyjamas and slippers. 2 of them decided to sit themselves down on one of the sofas and started kissing......very loudly. Fair enough..... young love and all that, but then the male very obviously got very excited a cushion was placed over his private parts and a hand slipped under the cushion, and at that point we decided it was time to leave, as we did not want to see a live sex show :/

We went up to our room and decided to make a cup of tea, but as there was no milk, we gave it a miss. We then realised there was tea stains on our sheets so we gathered the person before us must have drank the milk in his tea and spilled it on the bed and the cleaners didn't change the sheets! Just awfull!

Next morning we went down for breakfast and had to wait a while as most tables are for 2 people only, so if the 4 of us wanted to sit together we had to wait.

During breakfast we noticed once again these foreign 20 something year olds arriving in their pyjamas and slippers piling their plates high with food and taking it to their rooms. We wondered if they were staff as we noticed the night before that they were entering doors not for paying customers. We did not hear any of them speak english and saw them repeatedly come back for more breakfast (still in their pyjamas).

We packed up and went to check out and still these people were coming back for more breakfast, piling their plates high and taking it back to their rooms. (I at this point decided to take pictures)

We could not work out who they were or why they were there, but I have since read on ******* facebook page that their hotels are also being used as refugee camps.

This is out of order. I payed £145 to stay in a dirty refugee camp??? Never again will I ever stay in a ******* hotel.

If you are gonna house refugees in a hotel at least have enough sense to close the doors for paying customers!

Room Tip: Go elsewhere. A park bench would probably be cleaner.

Old August 9th, 2020 #3
Dawn Cannon

Whilst looking for how long the governments have been putting rapeugees into hotels, campsites, lodges, containers, etc, I discovered this post of mine.

I remember I didn't put a link, because the holiday accommodation review website would have removed it, as they are wont to do.

The hotel review was of the Britannia Edinburgh Hotel, Edinburgh, Scotland

Last edited by Dawn Cannon; August 9th, 2020 at 08:35 AM.

Thread