VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old February 9th, 2008 #1
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Tom Winnicki (Canada)

City's 'biggest hater' gets 9 months in jail

By RANDY RICHMOND, FREE PRESS REPORTER

A white supremacist, who bragged he was London's "biggest hater," has been sentenced to nine months in jail for spreading "the unrelenting message of hatred" over the Internet.

Tomasz Winnicki showed total disregard for a court order banning him from spreading hate messages, Federal Court of Canada Justice Konrad W. von Finckenstein said in a just-released ruling.

Winnicki "has posted material that is entirely disrespectful of the Canadian judicial system let alone the Federal Court. The material is wilful, contemptuous, repetitious and contumacious, and shows a total lack of respect for the Court," the judge wrote.

"He has shown no remorse for his contempt. Given this, I find that his behaviour justifies a term of imprisonment of nine months," he ruled.

Winnicki could not be reached for comment last night. It was unclear whether an appeal is open to him.

The ruling, released late yesterday, elated Ottawa lawyer and human rights advocate Richard Warman, who first brought Winnicki's hate messages to the Canadian Human Rights Commission in 2003.

"Mr. Winnicki is entirely the author of his own misfortune," Warman said.

"This represents the culmination of three years of work by myself and representatives of the Jewish, black, Arab, South Asian and human rights groups."

The sentence should serve as a warning to other white supremacists using the Net to spread hate, Warman said.

"There are very serious consequences to breaking the law," he said.

Winnicki ended up in federal court because he refused to stop posting hate messages online.

His early, profanity-laced messages called for a holy war against non-whites and non-Christians, warned Jews he and others were coming after them and told blacks they should leave Canada now.

The rights commission investigated Warman's complaint, agreed it had merit and took the case to a human rights tribunal.

The tribunal heard the case last August and December. In the meantime, Winnicki continued to post hate messages.

The commission sought a federal court order to ban Winnicki from posting hate messages until the tribunal ruled.

In October, the court ordered Winnicki to stop posting messages until the tribunal decision. He refused, but altered many of his messages to attack multiculturalism and Canada's justice system.

The commission took him back to the federal court July 4 to answer contempt charges.

Von Finckenstein compared Winnicki's later messages to earlier ones.

"It is evident that both the form and substance of the messages are the same. They have the same vile content and the unrelenting message of hatred for Jews and contempt for people of the black race and/or immigrants. The obvious subterfuge to talk about 'multiculturalism' instead of 'Jews' . . . does not deceive anyone," he wrote.

Winnicki's troubles are far from over.

The rights tribunal ruled in April that he had violated the Canadian Human Rights Act by exposing people to hatred or contempt based on their race, national or ethnic origin, colour or religion.

His messages posted after that decision was made are the subject of a second contempt hearing set for August.

He's also to appear in a court in Toronto on criminal charges after weapons were found in a car on its way to a neo-Nazi rally.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/News/Loc...f-1681815.html

Old February 9th, 2008 #2
Alex Linder
Administrator

Default Re: Tom Winnicki

July 13, 2006 - 18:33

White supremacist who defied court by posting hate material jailed for nine months

COLIN PERKEL

TORONTO (CP) - An unabashed neo-Nazi who defied an court order to stop spreading hatred over the Internet has been sentenced to nine months in jail for contempt, a punishment his lawyer called harsh.

In a scathing decision, a Federal Court judge ruled that Tomasz Winnicki, of London, Ont., had shown blatant disdain for the justice system in continuing his hate campaign against Jews and people of colour.

"(The messages) have the same vile content and the unrelenting message of hatred for Jews and contempt for people of the Black race and/or immigrants," Justice Konrad von Finckenstein wrote in his ruling released late Wednesday.

"He has shown no remorse for his contempt."

The ruling relates to Winnicki's violation of a Federal Court injunction last October ordering him to stop spreading hate via the Internet until the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal ruled on a complaint against him.

The tribunal, which ruled in April that Winnicki, 30, had in fact violated the Canadian Human Rights Act, brought the contempt motion in a case heard July 4 on the grounds that Winnicki had violated the injunction by continuing to post hate messages.

Dominic Lamb, the Ottawa lawyer who defended Winnicki, said he was considering an appeal and called the nine-month sentence "really harsh."

"I've heard of a six-month sentence on a contempt hearing, but I don't recall ever reading any cases that imposed a nine-month sentence," said Lamb, who added his client was taken into custody on Thursday.

Lamb called it "particularly troubling" he wasn't given the opportunity to make any submissions on the sentencing.

In its April ruling, the tribunal found Winnicki's messages "portray members of the target groups as sub-human filth that are worthy of nothing but the highest degree of contempt and hatred."

In obscenity-laced messages on a U.S.-based neo-Nazi website, Winnicki attacked the tribunal, the Canadian court system, multiculturalism and the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

Von Finckenstein was not impressed with the messages.

"He has posted material that is entirely disrespectful of the Canadian judicial system," he wrote.

"The material is wilful, contemptuous, repetitious and contumacious."

Bernie Farber, CEO of the Canadian Jewish Congress, said courts are taking hatemongering seriously and said Winnicki has no one but himself to blame for his stiff punishment because he "thumbed his nose" at the court.

"This was of the most obnoxious, passionate hatred that one could put out on the Internet, and basically Winnicki just didn't give a damn," said Farber.

"He's not just a hatemonger, he's a person who couldn't care less for Canadian law."

Winnicki, who once bragged to the London Free Press that he was the city's "biggest hater," faces another contempt hearing next month for continuing to post hate messages after the rights tribunal's ruling in April.

He also faces criminal charges in Toronto after weapons were found in a car on its way to a rally in support of deported neo-Nazi Ernst Zundel in 2004.

Richard Warman, an Ottawa lawyer and anti-hate crusader who first complained about Winnicki to the Canadian Human Rights Commission in September 2003, said the jail term should serve as a warning to other white supremacists.

http://www.macleans.ca/topstories/ne...tent=n071381A#

Old February 9th, 2008 #3
Alex Linder
Administrator

Racist web postings land white supremacist in jail

Janice Tibbetts, CanWest News Service
Published: Thursday, July 13, 2006

OTTAWA — A white supremacist has been jailed for ignoring a court order to stop spreading hate messages against Jews, blacks and immigrants on the Internet.

The Federal Court incarcerated Tomasz Winnicki of London, Ont., for nine months for contempt of court for refusing to cease his "vile and unrelenting message of hatred."

Winnicki, who is in his early 30s, has described himself as London’s "biggest hater."

Justice Konrad von Finckenstein sent Winnicki to jail for flouting a Federal Court order last fall to stop his Internet postings while a complaint against him wound its way through the Canadian Human Rights Commission.

Winnicki’s lawyer, Dominic Lamb, argued in court there is no proof Winnicki posted the messages, and that someone else posing as him could have done so. Furthermore, even if Winnicki did post the messages, they could have been edited, Lamb said.

"In my view, none of these arguments are sustainable," wrote von Finckenstein.

In April, the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal ruled against Winnicki and fined him $6,000 for his "vicious and dehumanizing" messages.

Winnicki’s case ended up in the Federal Court because the human rights commission asked a judge last year to issue an injunction ordering the hate-monger to cease his activities until the tribunal made a ruling.

Von Finckenstein ruled Winnicki’s postings after the injunction were every bit as offensive as his earlier messages.

"They have the same vile content and the unrelenting message of hatred for Jews and contempt for people of the black race and/or immigrants," the decision said.

Winnicki’s lawyer could not be reached for comment Thursday.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/na...d02b5d&k=92331

Old February 9th, 2008 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Jailing stokes attacks

Sat, July 15, 2006
Supporters of a white supremacist jailed for hate messages make veiled threats.

By RANDY RICHMOND, FREE PRESS REPORTER

The sentencing of a London white supremacist to nine months in jail has sparked a firestorm of Internet anger against Canada and veiled threats against the Ottawa lawyer who launched the case.

"Bring me back (Richard) Warman's head on a platter . . . ," said one angry white supremacist, adding, "This is not a death threat or incitement to violence, only a joke."

But the same writer, who always ends his Internet postings with a slogan about the value of a .44 Magnum gun, also warned Warman: "You bring your (act) to my neighborhood and we'll see who's standing by the end of it. You just started a war, man."

Londoner Tomasz Winnicki was sentenced Wednesday to nine months in jail for contempt of a federal court order banning him from spreading hate messages online.

The website forum he favoured was full of messages in support of him yesterday.

One writer suggested they band together to get rid of Warman, who has targeted about a dozen white supremacists and their online activity.

"Let us get together and put as much information about this Warman . . . pictures, newspaper clippings, memberships . . . and make it available on the Web for the least stable among us to use as they see fit."

Other white supremacists said the decision is a call to arms against Jews.
"It is troubling," said Warman, who is not Jewish.

The response shows that violence underlies the white supremacist and neo-Nazi movements, he said yesterday.

"It disproves the notion that they are freedom of speech groups or that they are interested only in freedom of speech."

"It reinforces the need for police to take these groups seriously," he added.

Warman and anti-racism groups across Canada have been calling for Criminal Code charges against Winnicki for three years.

About the same time he first contacted police, Warman also filed a complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission about Winnicki's profanity-laced Internet messages.

Those messages called for the extermination of Jews, a holy war against non-whites and non-Christians and the removal of blacks from Canada.
The law prohibits Internet messages likely to expose groups to hatred or contempt, based on their colour or creed.

The commission brought the complaint against Winnicki before a tribunal, which heard it last year.

The commission also obtained a court order to prevent Winnicki from spreading hate messages online while the tribunal was hearing the case.
Winnicki continued to post messages online and a federal court judge ruled Wednesday he was in contempt of the earlier order.

Winnicki was taken into custody Thursday, said his lawyer Dominic Lamb.
Lamb said he was considering an appeal of the sentence.

http://lfpress.ca/newsstand/CityandR...86111-sun.html

Old February 9th, 2008 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

VNNF discussion of Winnicki case:

http://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=66329

Old February 10th, 2008 #6
Tomasz Winnicki
White - European - Aryan

London Free Press and its reporters are lying and deceiving pieces of shit. They don't even bother doing their 'homework' adequately before they write their stories. I considered suing them over that 'extermination' remark. I have never called for the extermination of any group.

Note that those articles about me that Alex has reproduced here are very careful not to actually quote anything that I have written online. If I'm so 'evil' as they try to portray me, why then are they afraid to quote those 'evil' things in order to 'expose' me? For those of you who want to see for yourselves what it is that I actually wrote and *WHY* I wrote it, visit the VNN Canada subforum here: http://vnnforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60

This is me at the March 28 2004 Free Ernst Zundel demonstration in Toronto.

My sign was actually shown on TV news. I hope it has awakened some people.
(Thanks to whoever captured it.)

Last edited by Tomasz Winnicki; February 10th, 2008 at 05:01 PM.

Old February 10th, 2008 #7
COTW
Overseer

Do you see going to jail as accomplishing anything?

"The very aim and end of our institutions is just this: that we may think what we like and say what we think."

-Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Last edited by COTW; February 10th, 2008 at 05:55 PM. Reason: rephrase question

Old February 28th, 2008 #8
Alex Linder
Administrator

Don't know who's behind this, but it's appears to be the full court papers for Warman vs. Winnicki.

http://skunks.wordpress.com/2008/02/...masz-winnicki/

Old February 28th, 2008 #9
Hell Raising Woman
Jews are not superior

Location: USA - House of Babylonia where greed, immigration and homosexuality flourishes and the jews love it.

"This is a decision regarding two complaints filed by Mr. Richard Warman against Mr. Tomasz Winnicki. The first complaint involves the alleged communication of hate messages contrary to s. 13(1) of the Canadian Human Rights Act(”the Act”)."

Canadian Human Rights Act, et al other Human Rights Act abroad

In other words: The degenerates of a society are more important than the god given right of free speech to all human kind.

Jews -- tall, tall, tall, tales they tell. Famous fairytale storytellers of the Holocaust.

Thread