Vanguard News Network
Pieville
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Broadcasts

Old September 29th, 2018 #1
mweaver
Banned

Default The Huffington Post has been served.

The Huffington Post was served a certified demand letter on September 19th,2018. On and around August 28th,2018,Christopher Mathias wrote a libelous article regarding my father David Carothers. You can read the article at this link http://archive.is/xSAvh

ADL you’re next!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	5D297D78-B842-4C95-9956-A93D3B4E2523.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	10246

Old September 30th, 2018 #2
Ironguard1940

Default More of this needs to be done

What does the letter say? Does it demand a retraction? Sorry, I cannot get the print large enough to read it.

Old September 30th, 2018 #3
Erik T. White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironguard1940 View Post
What does the letter say? Does it demand a retraction? Sorry, I cannot get the print large enough to read it.

White Brother Ironguard, that's a receipt of certified mail. I enlarged it and wrote the code so it could be seen more clearly.

Some portions of the archived article are below:

Quote:
John Carothers allegedly wrote a letter admitting to the murder and sent it to a Christian Identity white supremacist group.

A white man accused of burning a black man alive in Tennessee earlier this year was a known white supremacist, an expert in extremism told HuffPost, and subscribed to a racist and anti-Semitic ideology known as Christian Identity.
John Daniel Carothers, 53, stands accused in the March murder of 40-year-old Robert Miller at a house in Murfreesboro. Prosecutors said in court this month that authorities had recently intercepted a jailhouse letter Carothers wrote and sent to a white supremacist group. In the letter, Carothers confessed to the grisly murder and expressed white supremacist views, according to the prosecutors.
“To my brothers and sisters in Jesus Christ our savior and Lord, My name is John D. Carothers and I believe the Bible is about white people and for white people,” the handwritten letter said. “I am in Rutherford County jail for burning a black man. I set him on fire with lighter fluid poured on his head.”
More at the links below.

http://archive.is/xSAvh#selection-713.0-746.2

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0cf7b002f89ca

I can't write any more, White Brothers and Sisters since my emotions are quite livid at present. I hope I helped. If I did not, I'll retract this post.

Last edited by Erik T. White; September 30th, 2018 at 01:23 PM. Reason: more info

Old September 30th, 2018 #4
mweaver
Banned

The Huffington Post And ADL wrote a libelous article defaming my father. My father has never been questioned or served time in jail for a murder charge. Accusing him for a crime he had nothing to do with constitutes the legal definition of libel.My Attorney sent their attorney a demand letter to settle out of court or lose at trial as the law is clearly on our side. As of today they haven’t responded so the next phase will be handled through the courts. If they want to ignore it that’s ok because there would be a default judgement. We have all the evidence needed to proceed to trial if they don’t want to play ball.

Old September 30th, 2018 #5
mweaver
Banned

The Van Dyke Law Firm
Criminal Defense · Commercial Debt Collection · Civil Litigation

September 4, 2018

Constance M. Pendleton
Davis, Wright, Tremaine LLP
1919 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Ste. 800
Washington D.C. 20006

Re: Notice of Representation

Dear Ms. Pendleton:

This firm has been retained by David Carothers with respect to an article published by your client, The Huffington Post, on or around August 28, 2018. A copy of this article, as it was originally published, is attached to this letter together with a tweet concerning the story (sent by the author of the article).

The facts of my client's case are not the subject of any legitimate dispute. The Huffington Post is a "news" organization with a well-known reputation for publishing false "news" stories libeling conservatives. Many people, including myself, have been the victims of shoddy reporting by the Huffington Post over the course of the past several years. The various hit pieces published by the Huffington Post all have two things in common: poor fact checking and zero journalistic integrity.

In this particular instance, Mr. Carothers was accused of being the same person as John Daniel Carothers - a person accused of a vicious hate crime in Tennessee. This accusation meets the statutory definition of libel in Georgia: "a false and malicious defamation of another, expressed in print, writing, pictures, or signs, tending to injure the reputation of the person and exposing him to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule." In this particular instance, Mr. Mathias attributed a hate crime to Mr. Carothers that, in fact, Mr. Carothers had nothing to do with. Mr. Mathias also took the occasions of this false allegation to take note of the criminal history of Mr. Carothers' son - Michael Weaver.

Mr. Carothers is mindful of the fact that The Huffington Post was able to correct the story within the time provided under O.C.G.A. 51-5-11. This does not, however, change Mr. Carothers' entitlement to actual damages for libel resulting from the initial publication of this story because the published content is defamation per se. Georgia courts have routinely interpreted defamation per se to include statements "that one is guilty of a crime, dishonesty, or immorality." Eidson v. Berry, 415 S.E.2d 16, 17 (Ga. Ct. App. 1992). As you are aware, it is not necessary for a person that has been a victim of defamation per se to prove actual out of pocket loss. In short, both The Huffington Post and Mr. Mathias are liable to Mr. Carothers for damages.

My client has authorized me to settle this matter with The Huffington Post for a one-time payment in the amount of $30,000.00 in full accord and satisfaction of all damages that he has suffered, or which he may suffer, as a result of the story published by The Huffington Post.

Please have your general counsel contact me at his earliest convenience to discuss settlement, or in the alternative, to arrange service of legal process.

​Very truly yours,

​Jason L. Van Dyke
​Attorney & Counselor at Law

108 Durango Drive
Crossroads, TX 76227
P – (469) 964-5346
F – (972) 421-1830
[email protected]
Licensed in: Texas, Colorado, Georgia & Washington D.C.

Old October 1st, 2018 #6
RickHolland
Bread and Circuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by mweaver View Post
The Van Dyke Law Firm
Criminal Defense · Commercial Debt Collection · Civil Litigation

September 4, 2018

Constance M. Pendleton
Davis, Wright, Tremaine LLP
1919 Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Ste. 800
Washington D.C. 20006

Re: Notice of Representation

Dear Ms. Pendleton:

This firm has been retained by David Carothers with respect to an article published by your client, The Huffington Post, on or around August 28, 2018. A copy of this article, as it was originally published, is attached to this letter together with a tweet concerning the story (sent by the author of the article).

The facts of my client's case are not the subject of any legitimate dispute. The Huffington Post is a "news" organization with a well-known reputation for publishing false "news" stories libeling conservatives. Many people, including myself, have been the victims of shoddy reporting by the Huffington Post over the course of the past several years. The various hit pieces published by the Huffington Post all have two things in common: poor fact checking and zero journalistic integrity.

In this particular instance, Mr. Carothers was accused of being the same person as John Daniel Carothers - a person accused of a vicious hate crime in Tennessee. This accusation meets the statutory definition of libel in Georgia: "a false and malicious defamation of another, expressed in print, writing, pictures, or signs, tending to injure the reputation of the person and exposing him to public hatred, contempt, or ridicule." In this particular instance, Mr. Mathias attributed a hate crime to Mr. Carothers that, in fact, Mr. Carothers had nothing to do with. Mr. Mathias also took the occasions of this false allegation to take note of the criminal history of Mr. Carothers' son - Michael Weaver.

Mr. Carothers is mindful of the fact that The Huffington Post was able to correct the story within the time provided under O.C.G.A. 51-5-11. This does not, however, change Mr. Carothers' entitlement to actual damages for libel resulting from the initial publication of this story because the published content is defamation per se. Georgia courts have routinely interpreted defamation per se to include statements "that one is guilty of a crime, dishonesty, or immorality." Eidson v. Berry, 415 S.E.2d 16, 17 (Ga. Ct. App. 1992). As you are aware, it is not necessary for a person that has been a victim of defamation per se to prove actual out of pocket loss. In short, both The Huffington Post and Mr. Mathias are liable to Mr. Carothers for damages.

My client has authorized me to settle this matter with The Huffington Post for a one-time payment in the amount of $30,000.00 in full accord and satisfaction of all damages that he has suffered, or which he may suffer, as a result of the story published by The Huffington Post.

Please have your general counsel contact me at his earliest convenience to discuss settlement, or in the alternative, to arrange service of legal process.

​Very truly yours,

​Jason L. Van Dyke
​Attorney & Counselor at Law

108 Durango Drive
Crossroads, TX 76227
P – (469) 964-5346
F – (972) 421-1830
[email protected]
Licensed in: Texas, Colorado, Georgia & Washington D.C.
Why ask just for 30k?

https://www.carruthers-law.co.uk/art...libel-damages/
Only force rules. Force is the first law - Adolf H. http://erectuswalksamongst.us/ http://tinyurl.com/cglnpdj Man has become great through struggle - Adolf H. http://tinyurl.com/mo92r4z Strength lies not in defense but in attack - Adolf H.

Old October 1st, 2018 #7
Joe from OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickHolland View Post
My thoughts exactly.

Old October 2nd, 2018 #8
mweaver
Banned

The ADL is also guilty of libel. We have screenshots of their libelous article for the record which can be found at this link http://news4whites.blogspot.com/2018...ts_13.html?m=1

Tags
christopher mathias, defamation, huffington post, libel

Thread