Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old October 3rd, 2021 #21
steven clark

Default They told me to vaccinate...or else. Advice?

I'm trying the religious exemption and see how that goes, and am working up a letter to go with the form. I talked to my supervisor, and she said another officer is doing that. She admits she hasn't been vaccinated yet, and is still unsure what to do.

It's encouraging. People are opposed. These two have been with the contract for years, and would be a loss of experience and reliability, but as we know, this doesn't mean squat to the big boys. We'll see.

My brother just says "if you got the vaccine, there wouldn't be any problems." He got his, and believes anything on this site is conspiracy theory. He completely believes "the science", and as an ex-cop, does what he's told to do.

Also, he hates his wife, who listens to Fox News, a retired nurse who won't get vaccinated, and, frankly, she's a pain in the ass to live with, and he'll listen to NPR just to get away from her quoting Fox to him.

Really, there are faxed and untaxed, and you simply can't talk to the other side.

Old October 3rd, 2021 #22
steven clark

Oops. I meant "Really, there are vaxed and unvaxed, and you simply can't talk to the other side." My laptop has a tendency to correct spelling, and I need to really proofread.

Old October 10th, 2021 #23
steven clark

My supervisor contacted me after I sent in the form and a letter explaining my views. The manager approved my religious exemption. As it stands, I will have to be tested twice a week for Covid, but won't have to be vaccinated. Also, I must report on my health status every day, but all employees are now required to do this.

The security company I work for had a mandate of 1 November to be vaccinated, but they moved it. to December 31st.

So, we'll see what happens. It's interesting because in St. Louis, there is slow and widening resistance against a lot of rules, but people still go along.

I talked to someone I know about this. He is very vaccine heavy, but anti-mask and believes there is too much political b.s. being used by the left for this. However, he says he's seen many people in the hospital for covid, and firmly believes in the vaccine, and cautions me against "right-wing websites full of people trying to sell you false remedies."

I don't see anyone on the far right trying to make any money or peddling anything out if this. He, like my brother, will argue all of what we believe is conspiracy theory.
I did my yearly exam with my doctor. He favors vaccination, but argues no one should be forced to get a vaccine; it should be an individual decision.

Also note Alan West, the big conservative candidate in Texas and darling of Sean Hannity and Brian Kilmeade, has covid. See what the system will make out of that.

As it is, I go into places unmasked. I feel like a ghost. At my gym, the desk clerk told me I have to wear a mask. I did, and once I was in the exercise room I saw three people without masks, and took mine off.

Old October 10th, 2021 #24
Jeffrey Smither

Down here in Floriduh my part time job at a big chain grocery store requires stupid masks even if vaccinated.

When I'm in the back or store is closed everyone has their fucking mask down. Customers not required to wear a mask but us working morons required.

I asked my manager if I can get dr note. he said corporate would have to decide on that.

Old October 19th, 2021 #25
Ray Allan

I liked the response someone gave about masking upon entering a business, "Well, if you think you're big enough to make me, I will."

--Henry A. Kissinger, jewish politician and advisor

Old October 21st, 2021 #26
steven clark

So far, so good. My supervisor said there was no need to COVID test myself twice weekly, just wear the M94 mask they issued me. Again, there is little enthusiasm to enforce this rule, especially as the majority of AT&T employees have no desire to come back to work. In a ten story building, there are only eleven of us at the most, and a lot of employees are taking early retirement and thinning out.

Again, it's one of those rules the corporate jerks at HQ in the high rise decided on, and screw what the evidence or the rank and file think.

I agree with Jeffery about wearing masks. I don't know how employees put up with it. If I had to wear one eight hours a day, it would freak me out.
Again, the schools, colleges, and libraries are in in with the masking. It's like the education/intellectual agencies are totally for this.

Again, I feel we're in a long gray zone. I don't know what will happen a month or two from now. There is resistance, but no official leaders, except perhaps for De Santis. A lot of people on talk radio keep saying over and over that "2022" will be the moment to be free. They just can't give up the elections.

Old October 21st, 2021 #27
Jeffrey Smither

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven clark View Post
So far, so good. My supervisor said there was no need to COVID test myself twice weekly, just wear the M94 mask they issued me. Again, there is little enthusiasm to enforce this rule, especially as the majority of AT&T employees have no desire to come back to work. In a ten story building, there are only eleven of us at the most, and a lot of employees are taking early retirement and thinning out.

Again, it's one of those rules the corporate jerks at HQ in the high rise decided on, and screw what the evidence or the rank and file think.

I agree with Jeffery about wearing masks. I don't know how employees put up with it. If I had to wear one eight hours a day, it would freak me out.
Again, the schools, colleges, and libraries are in in with the masking. It's like the education/intellectual agencies are totally for this.

Again, I feel we're in a long gray zone. I don't know what will happen a month or two from now. There is resistance, but no official leaders, except perhaps for De Santis. A lot of people on talk radio keep saying over and over that "2022" will be the moment to be free. They just can't give up the elections.
Is anyone left in the ATT former SW Bell skyscraper in downtown St. Louis? A few years ago the place basically emptied out.

Most businesses have moved out to Clayton or Maryland Heights area.

Old October 21st, 2021 #28
Dawn Cannon

Quote:
A lot of people on talk radio keep saying over and over that "2022" will be the moment to be free.
Are they taking the piss, or can't they yet see that all this is nothing to do with a virus.

ZOG made it quite clear that the plandemic will last until 2024, whilst it ushers in all the other shit.

Old October 23rd, 2021 #29
steven clark

Jeffery, the AT&T building...801 Chestnut...has been vacant for years, and that entire block, once regional HQ, has darkened beginning when AT&T moved the regional HQ to Dallas. 801 Chestnut was sold some years ago, and can barely attract buyers, since it would take an enormous amount of money to restore it. The plumbing is a disaster.
It's interesting how so many of these high rises really fall apart after a few years. 801 was built in 1985.

1010 Pine, built in 1927, and original HQ, is once again AT&T HQ. It has 27 stories, one third empty. There simply are no employee there. Covid did a lot of this, but downsizing and working at home were in effect long before the virus. It only speeded it up. AT&T even sold their seven level parking garage to the city a couple of months ago.
I remember many AT&T employees furious that they had to train Indian new hires (working for much less) to take over their jobs, and if they didn't train them, they would receive no severance pay.
AT&T spends almost no money on maintenance, relying on outside contractors who know little about the buildings. Management prefers to spend their money on Warner Communications and anything in L.A.

It's a statement of our society that these banks and corporations buy up whole city blocks for their new high rises, then the downtown is depressed and social life gone, then these same corporations move out or downsize, leaving downtowns vacant.

Dawn: a lot of people still complain and wait for that magical election, especially the talk show types and standard political groups. Too many people, when you try to have a discussion, just say "conspiracy theory" and won't listen. They're obsessed with been "balanced."
A lot of the talk shows are still going on about "betrayal" of our military in Afghanistan, and "our heroes" there.

I'm going to a concert tonight at Wash. U. They have vaccine mandates in effect, so I'll see whether or not they'll let me in. As I've said, the colleges are one of the biggest backers of masks and vaccines. I thought about bering a
librarian some years ago, and I'm glad I didn't. In a library, you're right in the thick of the P.C. and vaccine movement. A lot of librarians are terrified of visitors.

Old October 23rd, 2021 #30
steven clark

So, I went to the concert tonight. A baroque music group at Washington U., and my first concert is a year and a half. You had to show a letter you filled out on the website that you were Covid free, etc. Then if you weren't vaccinated, a recent Covid test at least from 72 hours ago, and your photo ID.
Why the ID? So they can track you if you become sick and infect the universe, I guess. All of this done by the student assistants...now they're all black, every one of them.

And in the concert hall, masks worn at all times. There were about fifty people there, mostly 70 plus, and I enjoyed the concert, although all the masks...even worn by the musicians, although the flute players and soprano at least took the things off.
I did pull it down to my lips so my nose was free. Everyone else...nope.
I at least liked wearing a suit and a new tie I bought last year; the first time I've worn a suit in over a year. Everyone else dresses in jackets, dumpy sweaters, and baggy pants. Why does everyone look so frumpy these days? They look like walking sacks, especially the old people. All of these 70 plus people dressing like teenagers in the 60's. So undignified.

It feels like a freaking jail, being at this university again. All the masks, masks, masks. I drove down Delmar a block off the campus, and the bars and restaurants were sedate, but open, and no masks.

Like I said, colleges have totally bought into the Covid state. it's obvious they're ready to keep indoctrinating the young to follow the science.
I'm thankful where I work the people there are working class, and pretty much ignore all of this, and gripe about it.

Thread