VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Go Back   Vanguard News Network Forum > Loxist Culture > Movies
Donate Register Multimedia Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Login

Thread Display Modes Share
Old January 29th, 2014 #361
N.B. Forrest

The Wrong Box (1966): A farce starring Michael Caine, Ralph Richardson, John Mills, Peter Sellars, Dudley Moore & Peter Cook, among other great Brits actors/comics. Wilfrid Lawson is hilarious as the ancient butler Peacock (he would die the same year).

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old January 30th, 2014 #362
Petrinos Frouros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
He was good in Dazed and Confused. The romantic comedy stuff is mostly not very good, but it's aimed at women, and women aren't very demanding, because they can't tell better from worse.

McConaughey dropped 50 pounds to play this AIDS character, showing his commitment, and he while you never forget it's him, he invests the character - unlike inferior actors who can only play themselves - like Bruce Willis. Someone on here told me that's practically the definition of a movie star is - a commodity. If so, then I prefer the story and the character in the story, I don't get off on imagining I'm Bruce Willis like so many Amerifags do.
Bruce Willis is a mediocrity, nothing more.
IMO the best actors dead or alive are Christian Bale, Klaus Kinski, Jack Nicolson , Marlon Brando and the greatest actor who ever lived is Nicolas Cage.

Old February 3rd, 2014 #363
cornelius

Default My Favourite Movies

I like films and have quite a few favourites. One of them is a 1947 Ealing comedy called 'Hue And Cry'.

There are a couple of Jews in it but no black faces to be seen. It's basically a childrens film about a gang of East London kids who foil the plans of a group of organised criminals [just look at 'our' East End now!].The film stars Harry Fowler [Jewish] and Jack Warner playing a 'baddie' for a change!

Fascinating in relation to the fact that it was all filmed on location, on the bomb sites and in the old City and a year before the black invasion [British Nationality Act,1948]. A picture of life and of innocence that we have lost and will never recover.

Old February 4th, 2014 #364
keifer

Six Dobermans trained to rob a bank.

Old February 8th, 2014 #365
Dagaz18

Default Grey Wolf- Film about Adolf Hitler escaped in Argentina

http://www.kurir-info.rs/beg-iz-berl...clanak-1207805

Grey Wolf - Film maded by author who interviewed people who claim that they saw Adolf Hitler - Fuhrer!!!!

Scroll Down and you shall see window with film content and Play sign

Serbian Sunrise - Srbsko svitanje

Old February 16th, 2014 #367
Alex Linder
Administrator

if you were going to remake RoboCop, why not mock the niggers for what they've done to detroit?
http://gawker.com/the-new-robocop-is...5976/@marchman

Old February 25th, 2014 #368
Fico

This is movie and music so I will put this here. Ceremony in honor of death soliders in Hitlers Germany.

Old March 5th, 2014 #369
Alex Linder
Administrator

Good movie you might miss: The Descendants.

Other movie notes:

Wolf of Wall Street - ok but not that great. Same theme better done in Wall Street with jew Douglas in '80s and even Boiler Room with Ben Affleck.

We're The Millers (2013) - some funny stuff, good potential but some racially irritating material that queers it for me

Blue Caprice (2013) - reviewed this in other thread, worth watching, you see the ostensibly calm but innerly seething nigger raise up a young killer.

Sleepwalk With Me (2012) - mildly amusing life story of comedian Birbiglia, a light-blue-eyed Italian (I suppose). Not bad.

Funnybones (1995) - annoying movie, too long, not that good, too many jews. not worth explaining.

Seven Psychopaths (2012) - not terrible, yet another 50/50 movie. don't watch it unless you just like movies. I don't find christopher walken that interesting, and that little irish terrier guy is not good at acting.

Spring Breakers (2012) - this is your classic - how the fuck do people put tens of millions into this thin an idea? - and how does it still make plenty of money? the mind boggles. an annoying movie, James Franco as wigger drug-dealer who hangs with niggers, busts stupid-spring-break-broads out of jail. not worth watching.

American Hustle (2013) - doesn't justify all the talk. a loose depiction of ABSCAM which probably no one here under 50 will even remember. has moments, but hard to follow, not to say incoherent.

The Conjuring (2012) - this is, again, your classic htf? movie. there is nothing new to say about haunted houses. the entire horror genre is shot. there is nothing left to do, just plain nothing. yet movies like this still get praise and make money. again, the mind boggles. even with vera farmiga, who i really like (the actress who plays the mom in the excellent Bates Motel), is not worth watching.

Paris, je t'aime (2006) - a series of vignettes about paris. only one (by alexander payne) is really any good. boring, not worth watching. only watched it because trying to see everything Payne has done, really liked his Sideways; even his About Schmidt was decent.

The Descendants (2011) - has clooney, a good-looking man with a pleasant voice. plays a patriarch who is dealing with a land issue. his family owns a giant chunk of virgin hawaii, and it needs to be disposed of. meanwhile his cheating wife is in a coma and going to die. he has to deal with his daughters and wife's affair. this is a pleasant movie with some funny moments, worth watching, especially in winter doldrums. film is marred by lots of hawaiian music which is nearly as offensive as mexican music.

Dallas Buyers Club is by far the best movie I saw this winter. It's hard to find movies worth writing about, that's for sure. DBC does have some merit in that direction.

Old March 5th, 2014 #370
Alyss
vnn member

The Poseidon adventure, 1975/79?.

All cast white, blondish, blue eyed. There was no feminism making women into super heroes, the men were the men and saviours. Really good film before anti-whiteism came along.

Old March 5th, 2014 #371
Alex Linder
Administrator

Also saw, per Varg's recommendation, Drive. Not a bad movie, one scene with neanderthal-looking kike ron perelman (?) as a mid-level lmob thug whining about how he's been mistreated by the nasty wops (I guess) because of his kikiness. Yeah, ok there Nosewitz. Features Ryan Gosling, playing white knight to some mexican just released from prison whose girlfriend and mexitot he seems to like. Gosling is in full under-glass mode, which is incredibly annoying. He can't respond at mere human speed, he has to throw in a ten-second delay whenever someone says anything to him. Over a very short period of time this becomes intolerable.

Old March 5th, 2014 #372
Alex Linder
Administrator

A movie ought to have a story. Like, some effort has been put into thinking things out. Like, some effort has been made to come up with something the watcher might find entertaining. That's my crazy idea about how movies should be made. Too many movies are just cool scenes or ambiance with no guiding intelligence from start to finish like in a real movie like

Charley Varrick (1973)

or

Day of the Jackal (1973).

No serious observer denies that movies peaked in 1973.

Of course, both these above were based on novels.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 17th, 2014 at 08:55 PM.

Old March 5th, 2014 #373
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

It's difficult to describe this movie: Der Himmel uber Berlin. I watched it over a couple of days at this link, very high quality link:

You might find in dubbed in English or at least sub-titled. This version is German*, no sub-titles.

If you find an English language version it will be called, Wings of Desire.

I've been wanting to watch it for a couple of years and have seen trailers. It was produced in 1986 and released in 87. It takes place in Berlin about then. The American movie, City of Angels, is based completely on the German movie. Except the American movie is cheesy crap, the German movie is flawless.

Having said that the movie is the archetype for arts-crafty. I mean if there is a platinum-iridium bar for arts-crafty it is this movie. Very, very boring, very droll, but flawless. I'm guessing that most forum members wouldn't make it through 5 minutes.

*The language is German. In the original version, the one I watched and linked to, everyone in the movie thinks and speaks the appropriate language. The Germans speak and think German. The one French character thinks in French and speaks German. One of the characters is Peter Falk. He plays himself, Peter Falk, an American actor in Berlin helping to produce a German movie. He thinks and speaks English. I told you, very arts-crafty.

It's odd with me. I speak almost native-fluent Spanish, yet until I've been in a Spanish speaking country about a week, I struggle understanding movies and TV. I studied German two years in University and a little on my own, yet after a few minutes in a German language movie, I get along well, even comfortably**.

Mike

**There is actually a reason for this. The human brain is wired up by about age three. They've hooked up speakers of Latin based languages (Spanish, French, Portuguese...,) and German based languages (German, Swedish, Dutch, English...) to MRIs and looked at what goes on in their brains when they hear language. It turns out the two groups hear and discern meaning from language differently. Latin language natives extract meaning in a continuous wave, Germanic language natives extract meaning in discrete chunks, words, and sentences. It's hard wired by age three.

Old March 5th, 2014 #374
varg

Quote:
He can't respond at mere human speed, he has to throw in a ten-second delay whenever someone says anything to him. Over a very short period of time this becomes intolerable.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. That does get really annoying. I thought the music choice was a bit odd too. Plus the whole white knight and race mixing theme.. I'm honestly not even sure why I liked the movie when all of that stuff is intolerable.

I think I just like seeing Perlman being killed the most.

Plus I love how kikes responded by whining about the films so-called anti-semitism http://www.kosherslaughter.com/

Old March 5th, 2014 #375
N.B. Forrest

The Machinist (2004): Christian Bale as a machinist who hasn't slept for a year. He does a fine job of depicting the character's physical & mental disintegration. A good flick.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin

Old March 5th, 2014 #376
N.B. Forrest

The Hitcher (1986): Rutger Hauer, C.Thomas Howell. Young Howell gives Hauer, a sadistic murderer, a ride: big mistake. Good, creepy action.

Old March 5th, 2014 #377
Sam Emerson
Diversity = White Genocide

Gravity. Best movie I've seen out of Hollywood in years. With a cast of two on screen, both white. Both genuine heroes. No gratuitous political correctness visible, though there was an Indian astronaut who doesn't make it past the first ten minutes and is never seen alive, just heard over the radio. Good to see a beautiful white actress acting white for once.

Old March 17th, 2014 #378
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
The Hitcher (1986): Rutger Hauer, C.Thomas Howell. Young Howell gives Hauer, a sadistic murderer, a ride: big mistake. Good, creepy action.
What about Re-Animator? That freako little scientist should have got more work, he was great.

You will think me a big fag (no homo) but I love this short musical featuring the talented queer Neal Harris, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. I'm not kidding, it's really good. You will know in five seconds if you love it or hate it. It's under 40m anyway, like a movie novella.

I insist: musicals are the most realistic type of film there is, they are the only ones that get at how life actually feels as we're living it. At least when we're alive with feelings when we're young before becoming stagnant pools in middle age.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 17th, 2014 at 09:15 PM.

Old March 17th, 2014 #379
N.B. Forrest

The Outfit (1973): Just finished watching it on TCM, and was reminded what a great movie it is. Robert Duvall, Joe Don Baker, Robert Ryan, Karen Black and a shitload of great '70s character actors including crazy Timothy Carey in a yarn about independent bank robber/stick-up men taking revenge against the mob. Can't beat it.

Old March 17th, 2014 #380
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
What about Re-Animator? That freako little scientist should have got more work, he was great.

You will think me a big fag (no homo) but I love this short musical featuring the talented queer Neal Harris, Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.
Never seen those 2.

Tags
#1, movies

Thread