http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/v...4c7113cda415ae

Old April 14th, 2010 #2
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Linder View Post
[link forwarded to me, have no way of verifying anything]

http://www.khmer440.com/chat_forum/v...4c7113cda415ae
He created 'A Line in the Sand.' And what was he doing in Cambodia. The guy making the announcement sounds like someone else near him died within the last year.

Quote:
No John that was not Byron. He was just 35, a small guy, shaved head a little beard. Came here straight from a teaching job in Russia having read 440 for a few months.

Thanks KiR I appreciate the words of support. Two of these in a year. Wouldn't wish it on anyone. I think we're done with the coppers at least, not without considerable pointless expense and a lot of hours for my manager with Phnom Penh's finest
Not sure I'd trust this guy:

Old April 14th, 2010 #3
OTPTT
Banned

Old April 14th, 2010 #4
James Hawthorne

James Hawthorne

I'm totally shocked !

I used to talk with Byron on Skype, we lost contact when he went from Utah to Texas (I think) to get his teaching certification, so as he could move to Russia to teach English.

I guess he was in Cambodia teaching English ?

VNN Media

Old April 14th, 2010 #5
elbwgreez

elbwgreez

So sad. I hung out with Byron several times when he was visiting his family in California. He was a great guy.

He told me he was studying to teach English in Russia but we lost touch and I only found out now that he made it over there. I have no idea what brought him to Cambodia.

My only other thought is the documentary he was working on during the past five years. It was going to be a three part series based on Kevin MacDonald's Culture Of Critique, using sit down interviews and archive material. This will probably never see the light of day now, although it's possible that some people may have the films in some form.

Old April 14th, 2010 #6
OTPTT
Banned

Cambodia sounds like a place where someone could be gotten to fairly easy if someone wanted to get to get to someone, for say political reasons.

Old April 14th, 2010 #7
OTPTT
Banned

"sadly the US consul told me that his family want neither his body or ashes back."

That's cold.

Old April 14th, 2010 #8
James Hawthorne

James Hawthorne

They say he had fun at Sihanoukville "Cambodia's premier beach resort"

Http://www.sihanoukville-cambodia.com

Looks nice !

VNN Media

Old April 14th, 2010 #9
OTPTT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
They say he had fun at Sihanoukville "Cambodia's premier beach resort"
Here's another view of this area.

Quote:
See the photos of the beaches of Sihanoukville above? Would you spend even a single nickel to visit any of these crudy, dirty, brown-sand beaches? Of course, you wouldn't, but you'd rather spend your time at Southeast Asian beaches which are truly beautiful, such as Boracay, El Nido, Ko Phi Phi, and Samui. Why would you be sucked into wasting your hard earned dollars on some third-rank beach resort in Cambodia?

I've been to Sihanoukville and was disgusted by the cattle that wandered the beach at sunset, shitting over everything. And the town has little more to offer than rundown guesthouses and low-rent brothels.
One of the comments to the above article.

Quote:
Yeah, S'ville's a dirty place, and Sohka (owned by the Sokimex company that also runs the Angkor temples, last time I checked) resort is the only five-star place in town, offering a well-insulated experience from the rest of town.

Last edited by OTPTT; April 14th, 2010 at 06:16 PM.

Old April 14th, 2010 #10
James Hawthorne

James Hawthorne

The plot thicken's....

Looks like he was staying above this "Garage" looks like a bar were American ex pats hang out.

VNN Media

Old April 14th, 2010 #11
Igor Alexander

Igor Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
Not sure I'd trust this guy:

You wouldn't trust Johnny Fever?

Old April 15th, 2010 #12
Igor Alexander

Igor Alexander

What was the cause of death? What was he doing in Cambodia?

Old April 15th, 2010 #13
Igor Alexander

Igor Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTPTT View Post
"sadly the US consul told me that his family want neither his body or ashes back."

That's cold.
Sounds like the corrupt assholes who run the Cambodian government might be running a little extortion racket when it comes to sending bodies/ashes out of the country:

Quote:
I don't know about ashes, but from what I've read, repatriation can be pretty expensive.
His family might've wanted the ashes but weren't willing to be gouged for it.

Old April 15th, 2010 #14
Marvin Nash

Marvin Nash

Colonel Walter E. Kurtz, Apocalypse Now.

YouTube- Gardenias

Old April 15th, 2010 #15
edenlink

edenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Alexander View Post
What was the cause of death? What was he doing in Cambodia?
Byron stayed with me in Moscow before he left for Cambodia. He went there to travel and maybe teach English. He died of a heroin overdose. The guy who runs the Cambodian expat forum told me. This guy also owns a bar ("Garage") in Phnom Penh with an apartment above it. Byron was renting the apartment. He died alone in his locked room.

Old April 15th, 2010 #16
edenlink

edenlink

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbwgreez View Post
My only other thought is the documentary he was working on during the past five years. It was going to be a three part series based on Kevin MacDonald's Culture Of Critique, using sit down interviews and archive material. This will probably never see the light of day now, although it's possible that some people may have the films in some form.
I watched all the footage when I stayed with him in Salt Lake City in 2008. It was great stuff, and I kept pressuring him to finish the documentary. Unfortunately he had lost interest in it and did not want to finish it.

Old April 15th, 2010 #17
Georgie

Georgie

So how'd Byron go from making documentaries on race to doing heroin in an generic brown Asian shithole?

Old April 15th, 2010 #18
Mark Faust
Broadcaster

Mark Faust

Looks like the Jews set this one up. His potential to cause them grief was great. I have talked with him many times about doing a "Jew infested Catskills" documentary about the Hasidic invasion there every summer, and the misery it causes the locals.

You never know with drugs, BUT I wouldn't be surprised if the Jews got him.

Old April 15th, 2010 #19
James Hawthorne

James Hawthorne

Nah Mark, I think this was clearly life getting the better of him. He was very disappointed by the lack of response from the 'wn community' financially to The Line in the Sand. If we had millionaires who could finance projects like these, then I believe Byron would still be with us. I'm not in anyway excusing what happend, clearly Byron had his ghosts.

VNN Media

Old April 15th, 2010 #20
elbwgreez

elbwgreez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawthorne View Post
Nah Mark, I think this was clearly life getting the better of him. He was very disappointed by the lack of response from the 'wn community' financially to The Line in the Sand. If we had millionaires who could finance projects like these, then I believe Byron would still be with us. I'm not in anyway excusing what happend, clearly Byron had his ghosts.
Unfortunately, I think you're right. He sold the rights to Line In The Sand for the price of a new camera, which is a sad commentary on "the movement." Then again, if it was me I never would have banked on making a living off White movement types anyway. He was moving on to start a new life away from the ever-present muds in America, but perhaps he fell in with the wrong crowd.

I see http://octobersunfilms.com/ is still up, by the way.

Thread