Vanguard News Network
VNN Media
VNN Digital Library
VNN Reader Mail
VNN Broadcasts

Old July 19th, 2008 #21
fyc
fine young casuals

hope they both succeed but i think we all know what will happen. they will spend time locked up in america for nothing and will get extra when they are deported back to britain.

funny thing is though, these two really are what the UN classes as being persecuited for their political beliefs.

Old July 19th, 2008 #22
Harry Flash
Sexist Bastard

Well I also posted this:

US military court rules racist online speech protected by First Amendment http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.p...564#post808564

So maybe it isn't a lay-down mazaire.

Someone needs to hold ZOG to account and these two appear to have the determination to take it all the way to the US supreme court if necessary.

One thing for sure, the Jews are seething. This has the potential to turn into the mother of all embarrassments.

Old July 19th, 2008 #23
Bev
drinking tea

Jewi$h Chronicle claiming they were "apprehended" in America. I thought they made themselves known and asked for asylum - the jews are making it sound like they were caught.

Old July 19th, 2008 #24
Harry Flash
Sexist Bastard

Another seething Jewspaper report on the Heretical Two.

http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Asylum-rac...son.4305304.jp

Old July 20th, 2008 #25
Bill
Banned

Quote:
Whittle is being held in Santa Ana City jail, near LA, while he awaits an asylum hearing.
This jail likely has a contract of some sort with the Feds to handle Federal inmates/detainees. Jails in SoCal are pretty full I would bet, they put guys where ever there is room. He could be moved later, who knows, it looks like he will be in custody for a while.

Old August 7th, 2008 #26
ohgolly

Default Letter from Simon Sheppard

[The writer, Simon Sheppard, is one of the "Heretical Two" revisionists now seeking political asylum in the United States. Simon and his co-defendant, Steven Whittle, are being held in a federal detention facility in Santa Ana, California pending a hearing.]

1st August 2008

Dear Mr. Covington:

Many thanks for the material you have sent, and especially for your offer to help us settle in the Northwest if our asylum request is granted. At present we are severely hampered in countless ways. For example, we have cash in our baggage, but no money for sending letters in our prison account. Our address books are in our baggage to which we do not have access, and even getting paper and a proper pen is difficult. Because of these difficulties could I ask you to please send a photocopy of this letter, so that my friends know what's going on, to [the names and addresses of all Airstrip One residents will be redacted to avoid retaliation by the Zionists. - HAC]

As this is the last letter I am able to send without having funds in my prison (commissary) account, please can your forward an extra letter for [redacted] who kindly wrote, offering help. Fortunately I have her address, while a previous correspondent, Charlie K. of Seattle, offered to help, but the prison mail room has a policy of removing stamps and stick-on labels, i.e. return address labels, with the result that I can't contact him. If you know his address, please let me know.

Now as to your letter proper. Of course I know who you are. Indeed, there is some of your writing on the Heretical site--"Feminist Seize Control Of Publishing", if I remember correctly. Also, you were an associate of the late, great Robert Frenz, whose site I now maintain as a legacy.

Regardless of your scheme for a White Homeland in the Northwest, it has been evident that the Northwest is an attractive destination for White Nationalists. Indeed I once received a visit in England from a chap from Portland, Matt Downey, whom I would like to look up, given the opportunity.

Our destination of LA/California was largely symbolic, as Torrance is where the Heretical web site is based. We have since learned that our convictions in England are solely for web pages emanating from Torrance, and on the legal ground that they are "available" in England and Wales it would be quite possible for an American visiting England to be prosecuted on the same grounds--maximum sentence under this iniquitous, Jewish law is seven years. (Increased from two to seven in 2000.)

The facility in which we are held is fairly relaxed, and the biggest problem is boredom. We can receive publications but they are supposed to be direct from the publisher, or an orthodox source like that. Still, we received the Instaurations and glossy magazines. I foresee no difficulty in sending your Northwest novels, which I would be interested to read.

We are being held (I understand) on two grounds; firstly the visa waiver which we had to fill out in order to board the plane, plus a reciprocal arrangement with Great Britain that each will detain the others' fugitives. This latter is irrespective of the offence. Looking over some papers last night it became clear we have successfully overcome the first hurdle in our claim for asylum--the officials could have marked our claim "not credible" immediately, had they so desired. Several of the officials have been openly supportive.

I'm led to understand that an asylum claim can take around three months, and assuming our applications are successful I would be very happy to take up your offer of assistance in the Northwest. [I think I'd better redact that section as well, just in case. - HAC]

In closing, then, thank you once again for your letters and envelopes, and please let me have your comments on the above. Your support is much appreciated.

Simon Sheppard #0800006404
c/o Santa Ana Jail
P. O. Box 22003
Santa Ana, CA. 92701

Old August 8th, 2008 #27
fyc
fine young casuals

unfortunately, i cant see their claim being successful, although it should be.

Old October 7th, 2008 #28
Harry Flash
Sexist Bastard

JAILED BRITISH "HERETICS" HIRE ASYLUM LAWYER

Los Angeles, California--(9/29/2008)--

Two fugitive British writers jailed in southern California have hired an American lawyer to make their claim for political asylum in the United States, says Paul Ballard, coordinator of a legal defense fund for the pair known as the "Heretical Two."

Bruce Leichty, a San Diego County immigration lawyer with 20 years of experience representing asylum-seekers in California, has met with the "Heretical Two" and has agreed to take their cases, Ballard and Leichty announced today. Said Leichty, "This is an vitally important Internet free speech case, where an obsessive security apparatus runs amok and punishes dissidents by making them criminals, and one does not have to share the views of the Heretical Two to appreciate the threat."

The label "Heretical Two" was applied to Simon Sheppard, 51, and Stephen Whittle, 42, when they were undergoing criminal trials in Leeds Crown Court in Britain on several speech-related charges.Sheppard created and administered and Whittle wrote under a pseudonym for a website--hosted by a server in California--found at www.heretical.com.

Sheppard has described his website as a mixture of "blasphemies, heresies, and scientific and general interest material" established to promote his ideas on subjects such as politics, race and gender relations. The site was operating legally in the United States, a fact Sheppard says he relied on; he and Whittle were prosecuted based on the charge that their writings could be viewed by persons in England and Wales.

Sheppard holds an Honors bachelor's of science degree in mathematics from the University of Sussex and published two medical scientific papers prior to becoming a publisher and web developer. Whittle is a First Class Honors B.A. graduate in languages and linguistic science from the University of York, and has written numerous books.

Sheppard and Whittle have already been held in a U.S. jail 80 days under questionable proceedings, according to Leichty. The two had apparently just been admitted to the United States under the U.S. "visa waiver" program at Los Angeles International Airport July 14 when they approached an officer at the airport to announce they wanted to seek political asylum. They were then taken into custody and have been confined in a contract detention facility of Department of Homeland Security ever since, and subjected to proceedings where their immigration judge says she has no power to release them from detention until after they have proved their case for asylum. Leichty said he is analyzing the case in order to determine how best to challenge the confinement and advance their asylum claims. Their next hearing is set for October 14 at the federal courthouse in downtown Los Angeles.

"Both men state that they were living peaceably and civilly in Britain until the police disrupted their lives by raiding their flats and seizing their papers and property, culminating in criminal convictions in a Kafkaesque trial where the prosecutors never even had to prove that anyone had read their writings," says Leichty. The British press has repeatedly referred to them as the "race hate pair."

"There are people who want to criminalize `hate speech' in the U.S., too," noted Leichty. "But as officers of the court we must remind people that even speech perceived as hateful deserves protection. One man's hate may be another man's passion or critique, or even another man's creed. The United States should lead the way in showing disapproval of those nations who have sought to restrict the nonviolent expression of opinion and belief. "No doubt the speech of these two men is controversial and repugnant to many, but that is part of what makes a dissident. The Heretical Two are no more criminal than many of our American forebears who fled repression to settle this country--and no doubt they like to stir the pot just like many a modern-day American talk
show host. Ignore or despise them or ridicule them if you wish, dialogue if you dare, but don't imprison them."

After their convictions in a Leeds court were handed down July 13, 2008, Sheppard and Whittle made an impromptu decision to flee to the United States rather than subject themselves to sentencing, meaning that they are considered fugitives in the eyes of the United Kingdom, notes Ballard. They were charged under Britain's Public Order Act of 1986 with Internet posting of articles titled "Holohoax" and "Don't Be Sheeple" and of racially inflammatory materials, and are subjected to penalties enhanced by the British Prevention of Terrorism Act of 2000.

In choosing Los Angeles as their destination, the pair had hoped to visit with other dissidents at the Institute for Historical Review, Costa Mesa, one of whom had been designated by the defendants as an expert witness in their British case on the historicity of various standard Holocaust accounts, said Leichty.

"What is especially alarming about this criminalization of Internet speech is that such laws could just as easily be used to subject nonconformist American publishers to criminal penalties in Britain
even though their speech is protected in the United States." Ballard says the U.S. imprisonment of the two, and the legal costs associated with their defense, caught British nationalist activists by surprise. Asylum claimants are on their own in the U.S. unless they can afford attorneys. "This is such an important case with such far-reaching implications that my colleagues and I could not simply let Simon and Stephen languish in detention without counsel," he said.

Ballard is spearheading the Legal Defence Fund that has been set up in the U.K., which he says is accepting contributions addressed as follows: Croydon Preservation Society, P. O. Box 301, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 4QW, United Kingdom.

"The need for American participation in legal defense costs is critical," he urged. "American interests are at stake here, too."

In a letter from prison dated September 10, 2008, Sheppard wrote: "Detention is stressful and disorienting. [We] appear before the Immigration Court shackled hand and foot....[We] have no access to the legal material and evidence which is stored in the baggage [we] carried on arrival....[We undertook our action to seek asylum] as a matter of principle, as a political gesture to protest an iniquitous British law which inhibits free speech and the democratic process."

To win political asylum in the U.S., claimants must prove that they have a well-founded fear of persecution in their homeland, on one of several grounds including political opinion. While U.S. courts have frequently stated that "prosecution" does not equate to "persecution," there are cases where confinement and prosecution under repressive laws have been held to constitute persecution, says Leichty.

Leichty is best known previously for representing Ernst Zundel, an internationally known Holocaust revisionist and publisher who in 2003 was arrested in Tennessee, taken away from his U.S. citizen wife, and deported to Canada on the pretext that he had missed an INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service) appointment. After Leichty was hired to replace Zundel's first Tennessee immigration lawyer, Zundel won the right to a hearing in Knoxville federal court, but his initial bid to overturn his deportation was rejected in an unpublished decision of a federal court of appeals in Cincinnati, and Leichty says he is now prosecuting Zundel's remaining claims in Knoxville.

http://www.bpp.org.uk/hereticaltwo9.html

Old January 8th, 2009 #29
Gibson

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/-/1/hi/...re/7818792.stm

Quote:
Thursday, 8 January 2009

Men convicted of race hate crimes

Two men have been convicted of publishing "obnoxious and abhorrent" racist material.

Simon Sheppard, 51, of Brook Street, Selby, and Stephen Whittle, 41, of Avenham Lane, Preston, have been found guilty of a number of offences.

A trial at Leeds Crown Court heard they printed leaflets and controlled websites featuring racist material.

The pair, who are currently in the hands of US immigration authorities, will be sentenced in March.

Sheppard and Whittle were originally convicted of race-hate offences at a trial in July last year.

At an earlier hearing, Sheppard was found guilty of 11 offences and Whittle was found guilty of five offences.

The jury was unable to agree a verdict on a further seven charges against Sheppard and it was decided he would face a retrial on six of these charges.

The retrial began on 8 December and concluded on Thursday.

It was held in the absence of Sheppard as he and Whittle fled to America before the jury returned verdicts in the first trial.

The court heard the investigation into Sheppard began when a complaint about a leaflet called "Tales of the Holohoax" was reported to the police in 2004 after it was pushed through the door of a Synagogue in Blackpool.

It was traced back to a post office box in Hull registered to Sheppard.

Pen name

Reviewing lawyer Mari Reid, of the CPS's Counter Terrorism Division, said: "People are entitled to hold racist and extreme opinions which others may find unpleasant and obnoxious.

"What they are not entitled to do is to publish or distribute those opinions to the public in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner either intending to stir up racial hatred or in circumstances where it is likely racial hatred will be stirred up.

"The vast majority of the material in this case concerned Jewish people, but there was also material relating to black, Asian and non-white people generally, all described in derogatory terms using offensive language.

"As well as printed leaflets, there was evidence of Simon Sheppard controlling websites which featured racist material, some of it written by Whittle, under the pen name of Luke O'Farrell."

The pair were charged with publishing racially inflammatory material, distributing racially inflammatory material and possessing racially inflammatory material with a view to distribution.

Mrs Reid said: "Both juries saw some thoroughly unpleasant material which contained views which most people would find obnoxious and abhorrent."
It's interesting that this is a matter for the "CPS's Counter Terrorism Division". Are Sheppard and Whittle terrorists?

Old January 8th, 2009 #30
Igor Alexander

Quote:
The court heard the investigation into Sheppard began when a complaint about a leaflet called "Tales of the Holohoax" was reported to the police in 2004 after it was pushed through the door of a Synagogue in Blackpool.

It was traced back to a post office box in Hull registered to Sheppard.
I love how the article implies that Sheppard was personally involved with this alleged incident. As if Sheppard doesn't have anything better to do with his limited time and resources than to slide copies of Tales of the Holohoax under synagogue doors.

Quote:
Reviewing lawyer Mari Reid, of the CPS's Counter Terrorism Division, said: "People are entitled to hold racist and extreme opinions which others may find unpleasant and obnoxious.

"What they are not entitled to do is to publish or distribute those opinions to the public in a threatening, abusive or insulting manner either intending to stir up racial hatred or in circumstances where it is likely racial hatred will be stirred up.
So in other words, people are not entitled to express "racist and extreme opinions which others may find unpleasant and obnoxious" in public, since they will always be accused of "stirring up hatred."

Here's something to think about:

"Those who make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable." --John F. Kennedy

Quote:
"The vast majority of the material in this case concerned Jewish people, but there was also material relating to black, Asian and non-white people generally, all described in derogatory terms using offensive language.
Translation: "Hey, all you blacks and browns, Sheppard and Whittle don't like you! We promise to look the other way if you lynch them."

Quote:
Mrs Reid said: "Both juries saw some thoroughly unpleasant material which contained views which most people would find obnoxious and abhorrent."
"Most people"? Says who -- you? From what I can see, the majority of white people agree with Sheppard and Whittle to varying degrees, even if they don't have the guts to publicly say so. It's silly authoritarian twats like you who are in the minority.

Old January 8th, 2009 #31
Troy Alexander
Nice shot Troy you got him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Alexander View Post
It's silly authoritarian twats like you who are in the minority.
wish you were right.

Old January 8th, 2009 #32
Igor Alexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Alexander View Post
wish you were right.
Even if I'm wrong, it's better to pretend I'm right. You don't sway lemmings by informing them that your views are marginal; you sway them by telling them your views are what everyone else believes.

Besides, I'm not sure what I said is wrong. I'll bet the average British woman at this juncture is entirely in favor of hate speech laws, but ask her privately how she would feel about wearing a veil, and you'll soon hear a torrent of hate speech gushing out of her mouth.

The problem with most whites is that they still feel they have loads of excess wealth to give away to the "have-nots" to show to the world just how non-racist and generous they are. They don't realize how precarious their situation actually is.

Thread